Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCN83

Oct 1, 2019
No disagreement with the end result as an outcome of Bahl in the box.

But if you recall the play, he had the puck in his zone, with the 67s having been gifted a late PP in a 2-2 tie owing to Petes having too many men on the ice, where, under no pressure, apparently awaiting fresh troops coming over the boards for the 2nd minute of the man advantage, he looks up and serves up a perfect outlet pass to his bench hitting the players changing, ensuring that 7 white shirts + Andree were on the ice. Given Tourigny's stare from the bench, the penalty box was likely the safest place for him at that point. Not a play you expect from a 19yr old D-man in his 4th season looking to make the jump to the next level.

As OMG points out, the Cup isn't won in the first two weeks of the season. Young Matier got an opportunity as a result and you hope that he learns quickly that he need be aware of who is the most dangerous player on the ice in any situation and doesn't get caught watching the puck. Also hope that Bahl also learns that big things are expected of those who hunt bigger challenges.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
We must remember that Bahl is in a different situation than anyone else on the team.

He has 3 different teams and coaches onhis ass to develop and show his best.

1. Coyotes
2. 67's
3. national Team ( OH yeah same coach) as number 2

Bahl is supposed to be the leader of the defence and be the star that the younger guys look at.

A coach expects the bonehead plays by the rookies. bahl not so much especially if he wants to make the WC team.

I can remember hearing Killer when a player did something wrong and was on the far end of the rink.

Tourigny sounds a lot like that.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017

OK.....so last year we had a powerhouse team that set a franchise points record and we never achieved a #1 ranking. This year, we have trouble scoring more than 2 goals per game and we’re the top ranked team in the country?!

Maybe the NHL scouts that vote on the weekly rankings see something I don’t (which is entirely possible....I’m not an NHL scout)?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

OK.....so last year we had a powerhouse team that set a franchise points record and we never achieved a #1 ranking. This year, we have trouble scoring more than 2 goals per game and we’re the top ranked team in the country?!

Maybe the NHL scouts that vote on the weekly rankings see something I don’t (which is entirely possible....I’m not an NHL scout)?

Rouyn Noranda was the best team in Canada last year by any measure so that explains why the 67's were never #1.

This year, nobody has really established themselves yet. A Memorial Cup favourite with a 3-1 record isn't a bad selection in my opinion. The rest of the teams are other contenders off to bad starts (London) or younger teams off to blazing starts (Sault Ste. Marie).

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Man I'm starting to have enough of Yule, brutal on that fourth goal. A 19 y.o. needs to give more.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Thank you Mitch Hoelscher! He and Quinn played really well tonight.

For the first 18:00 into the third period, we didn’t have a shot. This team really, really needs another offensive driver or two. Tolnai and Robinson will take off if they can play with a Chioso type.

Sirizzotti (goal) and Beck (hit a post) both looked good tonight,

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
This wasn’t Andree’s best game, but hard to fault him on any of the goals. He came up BIG TIME on a couple of prime opportunities for the Spits. I worry that they might be taking him for granted.....just expecting him to make the big save over and over again. He’s good, but he can’t win games on his own.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Okay I am confused did we not send Sirozotti down to the OJHL.

Yule may be playing his way off the team. I would think that at this point he should be a better player.

That being said it would be nice to have Rossi back so that we can get the lines finalized and players can learn about each other.

It will also give Boyd a chance to see exactly what their needs are

The other problem that they have stopping benching Yule is a lack of players on the bench. Too be honest

They have to make some trades but the problem is that the other teams are still not sure what they need.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Okay I am confused did we not send Sirozotti down to the OJHL.

Yule may be playing his way off the team. I would think that at this point he should be a better player.

That being said it would be nice to have Rossi back so that we can get the lines finalized and players can learn about each other.

It will also give Boyd a chance to see exactly what their needs are

The other problem that they have stopping benching Yule is a lack of players on the bench. Too be honest

They have to make some trades but the problem is that the other teams are still not sure what they need.
I’m sure Boyd is working on acquiring a veteran forward....but it might take time. In the meantime, I guess we’ll keep trying to win games by the skin of our teeth :)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
These results should be no surprise.

I don't understand why anyone would think differently. I said this team was weak on depth up front 5 months ago and that was with Bitten. It was one of the reasons why I suggested to go for it next year.

I'm ok with them going for it this year. But we do know they are short at least one driving force forward and one complimentary winger with some size.

I said they needed three forwards but I'm willing to get Robinson some time to find his way, same with Tolnai. I thinik they will, especially if they can get a vet RW to help.

The back end will be ok once the front end is in place. Just remember team defence is required, not just good D-Men. Guys like Clarke aren't necessarily helpful in this regard. Neither are fresh faced 16 year olds.

It will take some time to round out the team. In the meantime, we should be happy with one goal wins. Teams that consistently win one goal games are great teams. I fully believe that. This team doesn't quit. They may bend but they have the ability to bounce back. That's been proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad