Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Guys, we don't really need too much as of right now.

We need a top 6 dynamic player like Akil Thomas. That will be pricy but if resolves a lot of issues.

In my mind, there is no issue with any of Keating, Rossi, Hoelscher, Quinn and Clarke as being top 6. So we just need one guy to fill that out.

Then keep Robertson and Tolnai on the 3rd line. Add a veteran that can help augment those two and keep the 5 on 5 plus minus at even. None of them will play significant PP anyway so who cares if they don't score much as long as they can keep the puck out of the net.

Then the 4th line comprises mostly the rookies. They are fine in that role.

I'd like one more Dynamic D-Man but that may be difficult. I like our depth but one more dynamic D-Man adds a significant impact. Would be tough when our top 4 would play 50+ minutes of a game.

Andree has been lights out! Hands down awesome.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Saw the game in Kitchener. From what I saw the 67’s could have easily won the game. I was impressed, they’ll be right there again this year.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
questions to the get rid of Tonai he is a useless crowd.

1 a 3rd year player only gets 30 points should we dump him.

2. a 2nd year player nly gets 14 points in 41 games again was he a waste?

3. a player barely gets more than 55 points on average while with the team?

4. 2nd year player get 11 points in second year should we have dumped him.

These guys all under performed according to your beliefs
So you aer saying that we should not have gotten

1. Tye Fehlbauer
2. Brendan Bell
3. Lance Galbraith
4. Dan Tudin

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
questions to the get rid of Tonai he is a useless crowd.

1 a 3rd year player only gets 30 points should we dump him.

2. a 2nd year player nly gets 14 points in 41 games again was he a waste?

3. a player barely gets more than 55 points on average while with the team?

4. 2nd year player get 11 points in second year should we have dumped him.

These guys all under performed according to your beliefs
So you aer saying that we should not have gotten

1. Tye Fehlbauer
2. Brendan Bell
3. Lance Galbraith
4. Dan Tudin

Out of curiosity, who is this crowd that you are fixated on? Can you name one poster who says that he's useless?

I'm a fan of him as a person, and simply pointed out that literally every one of the players picked before him in his OHL draft will likely be drafted in the first round of the NHL or close to it. He should be great as a 19 year old and possible OA. Saying that I'd prefer having Cole Perfetti isn't an indictment on Tolnai.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Out of curiosity, who is this crowd that you are fixated on? Can you name one poster who says that he's useless?

I'm a fan of him as a person, and simply pointed out that literally every one of the players picked before him in his OHL draft will likely be drafted in the first round of the NHL or close to it. He should be great as a 19 year old and possible OA. Saying that I'd prefer having Cole Perfetti isn't an indictment on Tolnai.
robray

mosaic

May 29, 2019

So you are comparing him to players who all play on weaker teams and have had substantially more ice time and opportunity? You cannot make a conclusion about a player with an apples to oranges comparison. There are countless examples of players who demonstrate a higher level of play as ice time increases. I'm not saying that it will be the case with Tolnai but we should reserve judgement on his ability until after he has had good opportunity to show his upside offensively with something other than 4th line minutes of a mixed bag on the 3rd line.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Well beast he is allowed his opinion and you certainly are allowed to defend Tolnai. I tend to agree with you its a too early to judge and I think he's been playing ok with just not much to show for it. However I don't think robray ever called him useless (or i can't find it). He simply voiced his opinion that he was ready to trade him based on what he's seen up to now. What's wrong with that?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I think trading Tolnai will only add more issues for our already inexperienced forward lines. As of now we could sure use an elite player like Akil Thomas for our top 6, plus another experienced player to upgrade the 3rd. line.

Let's face it Tolnai did not gain the type of experience that Byfield acquired playing on a less talented team last season. Ottawa was a very good team last year and as a result Tolnai got very limited ice time. I am not comparing him to Byfield, but I think he still has some good hockey sense that will come to the surface as he gains confidence.

To me personally I say let's trade from the strength within which is defense and add picks as required. This may not be feasible due to other team(s) requirements but let management do their best to accomplish this goal.

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I think trading Tolnai will only add more issues for our already inexperienced forward lines. As of now we could sure use an elite player like Akil Thomas for our top 6, plus another experienced player to upgrade the 3rd. line.

Let's face it Tolnai did not gain the type of experience that Byfield acquired playing on a less talented team last season. Ottawa was a very good team last year and as a result Tolnai got very limited ice time. I am not comparing him to Byfield, but I think he still has some good hockey sense that will come to the surface as he gains confidence.

To me personally I say let's trade from the strength within which is defense and add picks as required. This may not be feasible due to other team(s) requirements but let management do their best to accomplish this goal.

I agree fully with trying to move a Defenceman for a Forward but it seems like every bad team in the league has an OA Defenceman to move, which severely limits a market for Hudson Wilson. It's probably worth exploring trading one of our younger blueliners.

One very, very underrated fact about our three overagers Keating, Hoefenmayer and Wilson is that they are all 5th year players who have played only for the 67's. Can anybody else think of a triumvirate of 5th year legacy players like this? With a top five of Hoef/Bahl/Wilson/Rippon/Okhotyuk this team will be hard to beat if they can add those two forwards that we're all talking about.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Oct. 10SOORyan Roth SARHAM 2 2022
SAR 4 2021
SAR 5 2023*
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Roth would have been a great fit with Ottawa. I'm really surprised at the cost- maybe he only wanted to play close to home?

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
I had the pleasure of seeing the game tonite and I was very impressed with the rookies and especially Matier on defense. We cannot trade him.
JOhnson is a pleasant surprise and also beck and Sawyer.
I enjoyed Clarke's skill tonite and Andree focus.
There are at least three players that should be moved but I'll refrain from naming them. BUt if you watched the game you'll know whom I am referring to.
1st line needs more time together
2nd line could use a right winger
3rd could use a centre and left winger
4th line wellnit is all effort good work.
Defense is great
Goalies are awesome
Coaching excellent.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I missed the game. I was busy getting my ass handed to me on Carnoustie!

St Andrews this week.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I had the pleasure of seeing the game tonite and I was very impressed with the rookies and especially Matier on defense. We cannot trade him.
JOhnson is a pleasant surprise and also beck and Sawyer.
I enjoyed Clarke's skill tonite and Andree focus.
There are at least three players that should be moved but I'll refrain from naming them. BUt if you watched the game you'll know whom I am referring to.
1st line needs more time together
2nd line could use a right winger
3rd could use a centre and left winger
4th line wellnit is all effort good work.
Defense is great
Goalies are awesome
Coaching excellent.
I believe the 2nd line needs a left winger, Quinn is the right winger.
The 3rd line could get by with an experienced producing forward to get Tolnai and Robinson on the right track. Robinson has not been impressive so far.
These are necessary components if we want to compete with Osh, Sby and the Petes for the title.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I was very impressed a lot by Sawyer, now I know why OMG liked him in training camp. Plays with spunk, skates and passes well, good size and he's still 15! Of course he'll make his mistakes but what a debut!! Anybody know if Robinson was a scratch or dealing with something?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I was very impressed a lot by Sawyer, now I know why OMG liked him in training camp. Plays with spunk, skates and passes well, good size and he's still 15! Of course he'll make his mistakes but what a debut!! Anybody know if Robinson was a scratch or dealing with something?
Not feeling well according to Tourigny.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

Tolnai and picks to Guelph for Hillis and Gordeev. Ottawa gets their top 6 and Guelph gets a soon to be vet for the next run.

Reactions: Robray12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad