Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
3 times 67's players were tackled right in front of the ref NO call and then Sudbury scores in OT.

I don't think any of the injuries came from malicious plays or were missed calls. Rossi hit looked like an accidental collision, Okhotyuk was a pileup along the boards that looked like 3 players got tangled up and he got the worst of it and Yule was just a finished check as he was stretching to get to centre to negate an icing.

That's hockey folks!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don't think any of the injuries came from malicious plays or were missed calls. Rossi hit looked like an accidental collision, Okhotyuk was a pileup along the boards that looked like 3 players got tangled up and he got the worst of it and Yule was just a finished check as he was stretching to get to centre to negate an icing.

That's hockey folks!

Agreed

Unfortunate but I don’t mind injuries as long as they heal and don’t continue to reoccur. It gives others valuable ice time to develop and rest to a few guys that could use it mid-season. It usually pays off in the playoffs.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Kenneth Walls‏ @LongBallsWalls 3h3 hours ago
67’s injury update after last night’s game in Sudbury. Marco Rossi is out week to week with a sprained elbow, Nikita Okhotyuk is out 2-3 weeks with a sprained ankle and Quinn Yule is day to day. Ottawa could be down to 9 forwards and 5 defensemen for tonight’s game in the Soo.
2 replies 3 retweets 4 likes

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Easy there Ottawa had 2 2 man advantages and were on the PP 4 times the amount Sudbury was. Ottawa got away with alot of interference in the game including on the tying goal and in OT. So take the rose coloured glasses off. A little pay back this victory as Sudbury was cheated out in Ottawa on the non offside call in OT a few weeks ago. Karma!

WJ

Nothing like telling others to take off the rose coloured glasses, while looking through your own rose coloured glasses!

Was a good hard game by both teams, Sudbury came out ahead in this one and Ottawa won the time before. Seems like these 2 teams match up fairly well. The main difference is the Wolves goalie, he's going to win Sudbury quite a few games this year, he's a stud for sure.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Hmrs

Oct 30, 2018
Anyone else watch the game live last night? I could barely restrain myself from throwing my remote at the TV every time I heard the play by play guy talk about Tye Fell-A-Bar.
I saw it he was a piece of work and his comments on the Rossi injury was crossing the line imo and his take on Hudson Wilson's mixup with the Pilon twins was very one sided you would think the twins were each 12 time William Hanley trophy winner's.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
I saw it he was a piece of work and his comments on the Rossi injury was crossing the line imo and his take on Hudson Wilson's mixup with the Pilon twins was very one sided you would think the twins were each 12 time William Hanley trophy winner's.

It was the "you better be a tough guy with a name like Hudson" that pissed me off. Some quality broadcasting right there.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
It was the "you better be a tough guy with a name like Hudson" that pissed me off. Some quality broadcasting right there.

If the referee would have let Hudson Wilson and the Sean Avery Pilon go, the broadcasters would have gotten very quiet. Hudson is one of the toughest and most honest players in the league and the broadcasters were the worst that I’ve heard in all of sports, let alone the OHL.

The mispronunciation of Felhaber, a 5th year player and the leading goal scorer in the league’s name was so frustrating that we muted our TV and listened to Kenny’s good call on the radio.

Looking forward to a rematch in the playoffs.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
OHL play by play is what it is, these guys are working their way up the ranks, sure as heck are not trained pros, probably not even a paycheque involved, or one with very few figures. Expect cringeworthy moments from any broadcast.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Going to be headed out to the nations capital for the Attack and 67's game on December 15th.

Hopefully there will be some 67's fans in attendance. Not the first time I've seen the Attack and 67's play at TDP.

Wonder if any posters will be in attendance PM.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Anyone else watch the game live last night? I could barely restrain myself from throwing my remote at the TV every time I heard the play by play guy talk about Tye Fell-A-Bar.
Obviously you haven't listened in on the Rogers crew that did the Ottawa/Sudbury game a few weeks ago. The number of times they mixed up the name Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. C'mon man the entire league home commentators are homers and mix up the odd names first year in the league or fifth no matter. As another poster stated the two teams played a good game but I still think Ottawa is a deeper team. Ukko is the difference maker in both matches. I still think Ottawa when healthy and make the deals at the deadline I believe they will with all those extra 2nds they will be the toughest team to beat in the East and possibly the entire league.

WJ

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Obviously you haven't listened in on the Rogers crew that did the Ottawa/Sudbury game a few weeks ago. The number of times they mixed up the name Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. C'mon man the entire league home commentators are homers and mix up the odd names first year in the league or fifth no matter. As another poster stated the two teams played a good game but I still think Ottawa is a deeper team. Ukko is the difference maker in both matches. I still think Ottawa when healthy and make the deals at the deadline I believe they will with all those extra 2nds they will be the toughest team to beat in the East and possibly the entire league.

WJ

Surely you understand the difference between "Tye Felhaber" and "Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen", at least for English speaking broadcasters? To be fair, I'm not at all mad that he mispronounced the name, that happens to everyone now and then, as you rightfully point out. I'm mad that somehow, throughout 3 periods of hockey plus overtime, no one on the entire broadcast and production team thought it was a good idea to gently let him know the correct pronunciation. That means either several people do not know how to pronounce it (unlikely), or no one cared enough to tell him (frustrating for viewers).

Anyways, enough about that. I agree with you that Luukkonen was the difference in both games. He's a beauty, and it's damn fun to see both Sudbury and Ottawa be competitive in the league again.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Kenneth Walls‏ @LongBallsWalls 3h3 hours ago
67’s injury update after last night’s game in Sudbury. Marco Rossi is out week to week with a sprained elbow, Nikita Okhotyuk is out 2-3 weeks with a sprained ankle and Quinn Yule is day to day. Ottawa could be down to 9 forwards and 5 defensemen for tonight’s game in the Soo.
2 replies 3 retweets 4 likes
Well all in all nothing too serious so we kind of dodged a bullet. Was worried about Okhotiuk particularly by the way he fell in boards. Like OMG said its a good chance for other players like Tolnai ( I thought he played well last night). Likely these absences will cost us a few points in the next two weeks but we can afford it. For sure we'll be in tough against the soo tonight. Might spur Mr Boyd to act a bit quicker than the deadline...c'mon James go get us a forward!

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Surely you understand the difference between "Tye Felhaber" and "Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen", at least for English speaking broadcasters? To be fair, I'm not at all mad that he mispronounced the name, that happens to everyone now and then, as you rightfully point out. I'm mad that somehow, throughout 3 periods of hockey plus overtime, no one on the entire broadcast and production team thought it was a good idea to gently let him know the correct pronunciation. That means either several people do not know how to pronounce it (unlikely), or no one cared enough to tell him (frustrating for viewers).

Anyways, enough about that. I agree with you that Luukkonen was the difference in both games. He's a beauty, and it's damn fun to see both Sudbury and Ottawa be competitive in the league again.
For the record the media box is high above the ice surface and two of the three separated areas are for media. Your guy Kenny would be right next to the Sudbury commentators last night. You would think he may have heard them mispronounce his name all night. Regardless it happens and we're all guilty. Yes it is nice to see them compete a top of the conference again. If Sudbury matches up vs Ottawa in the playoffs I hope the end result is like the year Levio/Kuchin/Sgarbossa lit it up and upset the 67's. :)

WJ

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

What did they say?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Meh. Who really cares about out of town play by play guys. They know their own team better than any team coming in so it is understandable they slant towards the home team. They have a lot of air time to fill so talking more about their own team is understandable.

Whenever I am watching an away game and feel like the play by play sucks, I turn on the Ottawa radio stream. Only issue is sometimes the delay sucks.

Reactions: Tarantula

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Meh. Who really cares about out of town play by play guys. They know their own team better than any team coming in so it is understandable they slant towards the home team. They have a lot of air time to fill so talking more about their own team is understandable.

Whenever I am watching an away game and feel like the play by play sucks, I turn on the Ottawa radio stream. Only issue is sometimes the delay sucks.

Comments like Rossi appeared close to death but here he is on the PP no worse for wear is not hard to swallow? Especially when there is no mention of it being the only 20 seconds he played after being hurt?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

Meh!!! Jeez OMG you sound like my daughter...lol.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Good first period but will the 67's be able to keep that pace for 3 periods shorthanded? I suspect we will need andree to come up big tonight.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
There has been only one and I mean 1 play by play guy that did good service to both teams and that was the guy that used to do the Bulls games. He was professional and then again he was not at college.

You have to remember that everyone that works for Rogers and such are volunteers. Most as has been alluded to is there for the experience for their resumes.

Pleae, be gentle to them. They all try hard.

Ottawa will be down a few players but it would be nice to see them give some of the other players a chance maybe bring up a few players. I do not like trading when you are injured. It is like going shopping when you are hungry. You buy too much crap.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad