Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Ottawa should also consider the new Import Goalies. Sudbury, Sag, Barrie, have good 99's. Consider these players as options especially since none will be back for their teams next year and the teams themselves are not built to win this year. Teams would be wise to move these players. Should cause the market to drop for the one goalie in Windsor as well.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Ottawa should consider those goalies only if they’re willing to give up Okhotyuk or Rossi because there is no other way. You could also play off Dipietro and Villalta against each other to attempt to keep Tolnai or Clarke. Not too many contenders looking for goalies this year

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa should consider those goalies only if they’re willing to give up Okhotyuk or Rossi because there is no other way. You could also play off Dipietro and Villalta against each other to attempt to keep Tolnai or Clarke. Not too many contenders looking for goalies this year

100% about the other Import Goalies. We would add but subtract at the same time. Not a good option.

I am not an insider so I cannot say for sure that Ottawa is in on DiPietro at all. I can only assume they are based on their reported interest last year. I assume they have renewed interest this year as well.

That said, Andree has played very well. That may change the thinking a little in the head office. As Beast has mentioned, with the emergence of Andree, maybe it would be more wise to concentrate our efforts on a platoon situation. That is where a player like Villata comes into play. He would by all rights be the starter but I think it would be more reasonable to split starts a little more evenly through the 2nd half with the hot hand getting the starts in the playoffs. SSM will need to drop a little more in the standings before he becomes available though.

The 67's have FIVE 2nd round picks next year. They need to trade at least three of them, probably four as they won't have the available space for them all. This means Ottawa WILL be trading.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Whhile things willhappen right now I see the league in 3 sections

BUYERS
SSM
London
Ottawa
Miss
Sudbury ( finally)

NOT SURE
Niagara
Oshawa
Petes
north Bay
Barrie
Hamilton
Owen Sound
Guelph
Saginaw
Windsor

SELLERS
Kingston
Erie
Flilnt
Sarnia

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

BUYERS
SSM
London
Ottawa
Miss
Sudbury ( finally)

NOT SURE
Niagara
Oshawa
Petes
north Bay
Barrie
Hamilton
Owen Sound
Guelph
Saginaw
Windsor

SELLERS
Kingston
Erie
Flilnt
Sarnia
In my view Oshawa and Niagara are buyers, they are built for this year. Missy is surprising as they are much better than I expected but they almost need to sell as their cupboard is pretty bare and it would make their rebuild less painful. The soo is interesting, they need to restock picks but they are very good! At the end of the day I think missy / hamilton willsell strongly and the soo to some degree as even though they are competitive now they don't have the assets of Ottawa, London and Saginaw to load up at deadline and will have difficulty keeping up.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015

BUYERS
SSM
London
Ottawa
Miss
Sudbury ( finally)

NOT SURE
Niagara
Oshawa
Petes
north Bay
Barrie
Hamilton
Owen Sound
Guelph
Saginaw
Windsor

SELLERS
Kingston
Erie
Flilnt
Sarnia

This might suggest North Bay up to the Buyers group and Guelph down to the Sellers?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
This might suggest North Bay up to the Buyers group and Guelph down to the Sellers?

I see it differently, looks like a move for the future for North Bay (17y.o) but am surprised Guelph got two seconds... the guy has 7 pts? Guelph needed picks to be able to upgrade before the deadline so I still see them as buyers. Still think North Bay will trade Brazeau for the future so they maybe brought in a younger player to replace him.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I see it differently, looks like a move for the future for North Bay (17y.o) but am surprised Guelph got two seconds... the guy has 7 pts? Guelph needed picks to be able to upgrade before the deadline so I still see them as buyers. Still think North Bay will trade Brazeau for the future so they maybe brought in a younger player to replace him.
Crazy if they don’t. They’re not winning anything.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
In my view Oshawa and Niagara are buyers, they are built for this year. Missy is surprising as they are much better than I expected but they almost need to sell as their cupboard is pretty bare and it would make their rebuild less painful. The soo is interesting, they need to restock picks but they are very good! At the end of the day I think missy / hamilton willsell strongly and the soo to some degree as even though they are competitive now they don't have the assets of Ottawa, London and Saginaw to load up at deadline and will have difficulty keeping up.
That’s the way I see it too but I’d add Guelph as buyers. The Primeau deal hints toward sacrificing a younger player to enable them to acquire a vet or two. Then of course there’s everyone’s favourite team. Ahem the Knights who will surely make some trade noise.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Rossi injured looks like arm or shoulder, straight to dressing room.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That’s the way I see it too but I’d add Guelph as buyers. The Primeau deal hints toward sacrificing a younger player to enable them to acquire a vet or two. Then of course there’s everyone’s favourite team. Ahem the Knights who will surely make some trade noise.

Agreed

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
It's got worse Nikita Okhotyuk is now gone for the game looked like a serious leg injury. Rossi is listed as a upper body injury and Okhotyuk is listed as a lower body injury. 67s only have 17 skaters with them on this 3 game road trip they are now down to 15 players

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
And even more bad news Quin Yule now injured and left the bench.

3 times 67's players were tackled right in front of the ref NO call and then Sudbury scores in OT

67's lose 3-2.

If Rossi, Yule and Okhotyuk cant play tomorrow do we have any players in the minors or emergency trade.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016

3 times 67's players were tackled right in front of the ref NO call and then Sudbury scores in OT

67's lose 3-2.

If Rossi, Yule and Okhotyuk cant play tomorrow do we have any players in the minors or emergency trade.
Sounds rough , thx for coming

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009

67's lose 3-2.

Easy there Ottawa had 2 2 man advantages and were on the PP 4 times the amount Sudbury was. Ottawa got away with alot of interference in the game including on the tying goal and in OT. So take the rose coloured glasses off. A little pay back this victory as Sudbury was cheated out in Ottawa on the non offside call in OT a few weeks ago. Karma!

WJ

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I know I'm way behind here but can someone give me a run down as to why the Ottawa 67's attendance numbers have been dropping so drastically over the last 15 years?

I find it insane that a team can go from averaging 9000 to 2000 in such a sport span. What happened?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I know I'm way behind here but can someone give me a run down as to why the Ottawa 67's attendance numbers have been dropping so drastically over the last 15 years?

I find it insane that a team can go from averaging 9000 to 2000 in such a sport span. What happened?

Bad fan management.

The big drop came when they were booted out of their rink for two seasons and were forced to play out of Canadian Tire Centre. Huge drop in attendance. Then the move back to the Civic Centre saw a dramatic cost increase. So, another drop in attendance.

Then toss in all the crappy teams with no star power....

Voila, 9000 to 20000

The end

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015

67's lose 3-2.

Only signed players not on the trip are Crete, Belanger and Tourigny (but goaltending not an issue). Not sure what their schedules are for their CCHL games but getting them to the Soo tonight would be a stretch. Sunday in North Bay seems doable.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Bad fan management.

The big drop came when they were booted out of their rink for two seasons and were forced to play out of Canadian Tire Centre. Huge drop in attendance. Then the move back to the Civic Centre saw a dramatic cost increase. So, another drop in attendance.

Then toss in all the crappy teams with no star power....

Voila, 9000 to 20000

The end

What OMG said is quite true but OHL attendance overall is down. 67's average this season is 2,967 which places them middle of the pack (10th) in the league (and that's without a 16 or 17,000 spike for schoolday game at CTC):

OHL 2018-19 team attendance at hockeydb.com

10 years ago (2008-09 season) Ottawa was 2nd but median attendance (10th place) was 3,596.

OHL 2008-09 team attendance at hockeydb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad