Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 24, 2018
I’m surprised it seems fair value for the trade but Niagara really is going to be weak after this year and a few after that

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Can't wait to hear OMG's reaction to this trade. Nobody understands value like OMG!

I figured if this were a straight picks deal, Paquette would be two 2nds and a 3rd.
Robertson would be four 2nds and three 3rds. That is what I wrote down before I looked at the deal.

Kingston got the two players, one of which is a point producing D-Man and both are 17 years old so that should reduce the picks to a total of three 2nds and three 3rds plus some random mid to late picks. So, really, it is pretty close to what I would expect.

If you look at the Stratus deal and Robertson deal, you can see some moderate comparisons as to why I suggest the picks reduction being what I assumed.

So, in the end, I think Niagara paid about one 2nd too much based on my way of thinking. I think Constantinou was worth more in that deal.

Reactions: three dog night

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
These are the sorts of trades we should expect to see now. Again, as of right now we are clearly ahead of our competition but as these trades continue to unfold, that gap continues to narrow. At some point we need to flex our muscles.

Saigon would be my forward OA target. I would assume two 2nds, a 3rd and 5th would be about the right cost. I may be a little light though considering Saigeon's production right now. It would depend on how many other teams have assets and OA space that are contending.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Nov. 20KGNJacob Paquette
Jason Robertson
NIAGBilly Constantinou
Ian Martin
SAR 2 2019
WSR 7 2019
WSR 3 2020
NIAG 13 2020
PBO 2 2021
NIAG 5 2021
NIAG 11 2021
NIAG 2 2022
KIT 3 2022
NIAG 2 2023
LDN 3 2024
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sep 24, 2018
I would say Saigon and also Mitch Eliot D
We would fill out overage spots and acquire good players at less the cost of most

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Rumours from our buddy the Insider that Windsor has received offers of 8 2nd rounders +++ for Dipietro and they are mulling over also taking a 1st rounder or a good 17 year old.

Is he really worth double Jason Robertson and Jacob Paquette on his own?

Please HANG UP THE PHONE James Boyd.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I would not worry no way he's gonna command that much. This possibly was true last year when you would have gotteb1 1/2 yrs out of him. If Rychel is asking for that Dipietro will finish his career in Windsor and they will have messed up a great chance to get the assets to build a contender in 2-3 yrs....but Rychel is smarter than that. My guess he goes for three seconds, three thirds.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
The impression I got was that was the offer on the table already and the Spitfires were mulling over which player they wanted.
Look I certainly have no inside info but thats ridiculous for 1/2 a season. If Reichel gets that we need to make him lead negotiator for all things related to Trump! If this is true I hope its not the 67's that pay it...just too much. Use our picks to get two top OA's and another goalie. Aside from London I can't see anybody else paying that but they have two good goalies. Oshawa has a goalie, Niagara is done, Guelph does not have the picks etc...

Reactions: dirty12

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Is your source the OHLInsiders tweet?

Same tweet you saw. Like I said, the impression I got was the deals were already on the table and it was a question of which one Windsor wanted. No teams mentioned.

Like most things, I take it with a grain of salt while not turning my back on it completely.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Same tweet you saw. Like I said, the impression I got was the deals were already on the table and it was a question of which one Windsor wanted. No teams mentioned.

Like most things, I take it with a grain of salt while not turning my back on it completely.

I guess u cant be wrong that way.

Reactions: OHLTG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->