Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
You guys know you played last night (no talk about the game) and lost to the 19th ranked team!!
Penalty trouble, a stellar performance by Propp and a rookie goaltender for us were all factors. Looking to bounce back on Saturday.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You guys know you played last night (no talk about the game) and lost to the 19th ranked team!!

Didn’t we play North Bay? Don’t many prognosticators have them as a potential home ice playoff team? Interesting.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Good intensity in today’s game. Team played well, overall (notwithstanding a few too many turnovers for my liking). Andree was solid (even picked up an apple). Rossi is definitely a special player; some of his moves are unreal for a 17-year old.

Last edited:
Reactions: ETA 2000 Fan

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I would think that we are starting to see the outline of the team.

The announcers were talking about Hoef having 8 shots in multi games. That is a good sign for the PP
Chem and Clark and Keats and Rossi seem to be 2 good pairings and would be a great PP set up if they have the right-wingers.

Reactions: VimyRidge

Sep 24, 2018
A very nice team effort today and Rossi is starting to really fly out there.
Andre is also turning out to be very confident in nets, nice job all around.
I only hope Tolnai gets a goal as it would boost his confidence.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
The offensive output was nice to see, but I thought the defensive performance of the team was even more impressive (other than that breakdown in the first period that lead to a SSM goal).

Agree with 1967, Andree looks calm, cool and collected and tracking the puck really well.

Tolnai may not have gotten a goal yet, but it will come soon. He was definitely playing well and made some nice moves. Just a matter of time (same thing for Sasha).

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I am thankful for many great things in life, and one of those is the play of this year's 67's team! :D

It's great that the team had 10 players go off to NHL camps this year and even greater that the two biggest snubs out of that group to not go to a a camp- Austen Keating and Tye Felhaber are the 3rd and 6th leading scorers in the league to date. When they were played with Rossi this weekend, the line was fully electric and marked improvement is clear in both of their games.

It was really nice to see Marco Rossi and Kody Clark break out with three goals each this weekend- confidence will be soaring. Quinn Yule, Lucas Peric and Merrick Rippon all look much improved as well this year.

Sasha is looking good and will break out very soon and start lighting the lamps. The team needs to find consistent linemates for him- maybe it will end up being Clark and Clarke? They tried Yule and Quinn on Sunday and the trio looked pretty good.

With Kingston, Windsor and Erie coming up at home, this team could be looking at a 8-3 start if they play to their potential this week!

Last edited:
Reactions: VimyRidge

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
I agree with BarberPole, things seem to be coming together nicely. Tourigny's blender has been replaced with a 'slow stir' (except for sometimes in the back half of the third period!).

A couple of curiosities:

With Okhotyuk out with a UBI, I wonder why Belanger was not called up from the CCHL? Playing with 5 D is a big strain, especially if one or more is in the penalty box.

What was the point with Will Sirman? Surely they didn't trade for him for a 2-game fill-in while Chmelevski was still in SJ!?

In any case I'm pleased to see the 12 F, 6 D approach. Dressing 7 D last season, which really benefited Peric, really stunted the development of Losev, True and Yule.

Having 4 lines that Tourigny can roll out there until late in the game benefits the team as a whole and both Tolnai and Maggio will be better for it in the long run.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Watch and listen for talking in the next few days if Windsor is coming that could be decision time for both teams.

The question I realize he is not Dipietro LOL BUT could we go the season with Andreee?

Last edited:

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Watch and listen for talking in the next few days if Windsor is coming that could be decision time for both teams.

The question I realize he is not Dipietro LOL BUT could we go the season with Andree?
No, he is definitely not DiPietro, but as an 18-year old he’s also potentially here for 2 more seasons after this one (DiPietro would be gone after this year - then what?). Considering Andrée had NO experience as a starter and played minimally last year, he’s actually been playing relatively well, winning his last three games. Excluding the team debacles against Peterborough and Kitchener early on, his numbers are actually pretty good (over .900 SV% with a GAA under 3). As he gains confidence and experience, his numbers should improve. Yes, that’s a small sample size, and it’s a long season, but I think we should give Andree a chance before we sell the farm to get DiPietro for one season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
No, he is definitely not DiPietro, but as an 18-year old he’s also potentially here for 2 more seasons after this one (DiPietro would be gone after this year - then what?). Considering Andrée had NO experience as a starter and played minimally last year, he’s actually been playing relatively well, winning his last three games. Excluding the team debacles against Peterborough and Kitchener early on, his numbers are actually pretty good (over .900 SV% with a GAA under 3). As he gains confidence and experience, his numbers should improve. Yes, that’s a small sample size, and it’s a long season, but I think we should give Andree a chance before we sell the farm to get DiPietro for one season.

What do you do if it is February and he starts to fatigue or worse he starts to break down and lose confidence?

We are potentially in a Championship year. All the pain suffered the last few seasons has been laid over to this year. The question isn’t whether Andree is good enough. The question is whether we are comfortable hanging all of our hopes on an unproven and untested goaltender.

It should matter what not happens between now and the deadline. All that matters is what happens post deadline and into the playoffs when the pressure ratchets up ten fold. Are we willing to heap all that pressure on Andree and face the consequences of the outcome? OR, would it make more sense to have him work with potentially the best goalie in the OHL for a season, experience a long runa d all the pressures that come with that and allow him to take the reigns next year knowing more about what he will face and when he will face it?

That is the question to be answered.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
What do you do if it is February and he starts to fatigue or worse he starts to break down and lose confidence?

We are potentially in a Championship year. All the pain suffered the last few seasons has been laid over to this year. The question isn’t whether Andree is good enough. The question is whether we are comfortable hanging all of our hopes on an unproven and untested goaltender.

It should matter what not happens between now and the deadline. All that matters is what happens post deadline and into the playoffs when the pressure ratchets up ten fold. Are we willing to heap all that pressure on Andree and face the consequences of the outcome? OR, would it make more sense to have him work with potentially the best goalie in the OHL for a season, experience a long runa d all the pressures that come with that and allow him to take the reigns next year knowing more about what he will face and when he will face it?

Looking like an exciting year for the barber poles. I wonder if you guys will be in the hunt for say DiPietro, who if moved will fetch a king’s ransom.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
OMG67
I agree with what you say but you can't live life on "ifs and Buts". A lot of things can go right or can go wrong but either way the team just has to deal with it. Sometimes people spend so much time over planning they forget to take first step in the plan.
However, like I have said before, if Ottawa is in an "all in" year, they have to get an experienced goalie. DiPietro being the best and most expensive.
What surprises me, if the rumor is correct and Soo released Johnson, is why Ottawa didn't take sniff at him. You guys have OA space.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017

I actually agree with you. Bring DiPietro in as the starter and have Andrée back him up and gain some incredible experience that he can apply as a 19-yr old starter next year. Cranley has at least tasted the OHL, but he’ll face a ton more rubber in Jr A and be a rock-solid 17-yr old back-up next year. Win-win-win.

Sound like a plan?

Reactions: BarberPole9

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
With all the import goalies selected and (new rule of 1st year import trade window at Christmas break?), there could be a few good options in addition to DiPietro.
I realize Rossi & Ohotuk are not going anywhere, just more G on the market

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
A bad deal would be Andree and picks.

A good deal for Windsor might be Cranley and picks and a player for Dipietro. They need a backup goalie and you can be assured they would love to putt Andree into that position. Like I said with Windsor coming to town it would not surprise me to see the deal done at that time.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
A bad deal would be Andree and picks.

A good deal for Windsor might be Cranley and picks and a player for Dipietro. They need a backup goalie and you can be assured they would love to putt Andree into that position. Like I said with Windsor coming to town it would not surprise me to see the deal done at that time.

Windsor doesn’t really need a backup goalie. They have a 3rd guy in the system that will be more than fine.

Cranley is ineligible to be traded.

The deal should be a straight picks deal. That is what Ottawa can afford to give and what Windsor needs most in light of the Peterborough deal for Cuylle.

It is starting to look like Windsor wants to keep DiPietro through the deadline and Ottawa is happy to give Andree and Cranley extended minutes until then. It could also mean the 67’s have no interest. Who knows. Either way, it isn’t looking like there was a prearranged deal in place otherwise it would have been done by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad