Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
The team looked really, really good tonight. Rossi is proving to be what he hoped that he would be and has really taken off with Keating and Ty.
Sasha is looking like his old self but could really use a big winger like Barron opening up space for him.
Tolnai played well and was robbed off his fitst goal on a tip by an acrobatic save from Dipietro.
Andree made the saves the team needed and boosted his Save percentage to .892, not far off Dipietro this year. Good for him for continuing to battle.
Only negative was the small crowd. I’m hoping that word travels quickly about this great young team and fans start flocking back. The marketing is there and the game day atmosphere is better than the last few years.
It’s really fun finally having a dominant team!!

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
upload_2018-10-12_23-5-14.jpeg

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
VIMYRIDGE Sorry but that stat does not tell me anything. The save percentage can be greatly flawed. Ottawa has had goalies that were the star of the league only because they had the defense that did not allow difficult shots.

The interesting point is that Dipietro is getting a lot of ice time while the Euro sits and the Euro has better stats. I have to think that Windsor has been told to play him until they can trade him.

As to Ottawa, I think we have a starting goalie that is doing well and we should play him as much as we can while giving Cranley some games. This team has the parts to be at the top. As Killer would say we are one role player away from being the top.

I think the player that they need is a big winger that can open holes and protect the stars. Someone on the PP that will stand in the slot and take it.
Hoef has 33 shots so is shooting more he could be the D for the powerplay.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
DiPietro is a depreciating asset, imo. The very few teams in the market for him can wait until Jan 10. With the import G brought into the league this year (incl spits), I doubt the return for DiPietro will be near last seasons deadline asking price was rumoured to be.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
VIMYRIDGE Sorry but that stat does not tell me anything. The save percentage can be greatly flawed. Ottawa has had goalies that were the star of the league only because they had the defense that did not allow difficult shots.
Just an observation. Agreed that stats aren't everything, but he is definitely playing well as of late (along with the rest of the team). At the risk of introducing more stats, Andree is on a 5-game winning streak with a GAA of 2.00 and SV% of 0.929 in those 5 games. At the very least, he is increasing his value as an asset for a trade OR solidifying his position as a back-up to any eventual vet we may bring on board. Either way, it's good for Andree and for the team.

Last edited:

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
I would say with our improved play as of late and our need for a goalie is for the future , I think we should wait to see which of the veteran goalies are performing best up to December then negotiate a deal.
This would allow us to have a bonafide backup in Andree and get him the much needed experience for the future as well.
I would say Windsor is loosing its negotiating ability with Dipietro poor play as of late.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Just an observation. Agreed that stats aren't everything, but he is definitely playing well as of late (along with the rest of the team). At the risk of introducing more stats, Andree is on a 5-game winning streak with a GAA of 2.00 and SV% of 0.929 in those 5 games. At the very least, he is increasing his value as an asset for a trade OR solidifying his position as a back-up to any eventual vet we may bring on board. Either way, it's good for Andree and for the team.

I do not disagree. I think that Andree can do for the 67 what Helvig did for Kingston. I personally do not see a need at this point to trade him although I would feel better if Cranley got a few games. I think trading Andreee would be a bad move. This is a group of guys that trust each other and that means f\more than anything.

If the price is right and a goalie comes available that will increase the teams ability then fine but there is no need to trade for one. Let's face it except for 2 early season bd games he is hot.

Reactions: VimyRidge

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
I do not disagree. I think that Andree can do for the 67 what Helvig did for Kingston. I personally do not see a need at this point to trade him although I would feel better if Cranley got a few games.
You should be feeling a little better today, beast. Cranley gets his first home start.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
It’s amazing how quiet this board gets when we’re winning. No need to juggle lines, coaching seems to be working, the players who are supposed to score are scoring, goalies are stopping pucks, and all is good with the world. For now. ;)

Reactions: BarberPole9

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Cranley did well good to see he s getting time against the lower points teams. Bahl maybe the person to QB the PP. Almost 2600 for a sunday is good attendance also.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
It’s amazing how quiet this board gets when we’re winning. No need to juggle lines, coaching seems to be working, the players who are supposed to score are scoring, goalies are stopping pucks, and all is good with the world. For now. ;)

Tourigny still does the small adjustments (as opposed to juggling). Case in point Kody Clark moved to the 4th line today after the gaffe yesterday and a team worst -6 rating (tied with Sam Bitten). I'm sure they'll have their opportunities to redeem themselves and move up in the lineup.

On another note, I have to say the more I watch Marco Rossi, the more I am impressed. I think this kid has a chance to be a very special player in this league.

It's nice to see the team 5 games above .500 and tied for 1st in the conference. This gives the team a chance to gel and grow together and allows Boyd to be patient (i.e. the DiPietro talk has quieted a lot). Confidence is a tricky thing and it appears, to me at least, this team plays like they expect to win, not like last season when poor goaltending wasted so many points.

Also nice that this is the first time in 2 weeks there is no Wednesday game so the team can practice and work on special teams.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Tourigny still does the small adjustments (as opposed to juggling). Case in point Kody Clark moved to the 4th line today after the gaffe yesterday and a team worst -6 rating (tied with Sam Bitten). I'm sure they'll have their opportunities to redeem themselves and move up in the lineup.

On another note, I have to say the more I watch Marco Rossi, the more I am impressed. I think this kid has a chance to be a very special player in this league.

It's nice to see the team 5 games above .500 and tied for 1st in the conference. This gives the team a chance to gel and grow together and allows Boyd to be patient (i.e. the DiPietro talk has quieted a lot). Confidence is a tricky thing and it appears, to me at least, this team plays like they expect to win, not like last season when poor goaltending wasted so many points.

Also nice that this is the first time in 2 weeks there is no Wednesday game so the team can practice and work on special teams.

Rossi had hilight reels that made him look a lot like Mitch Marner at the same age. I think those assessments were accurate. If he can stick between Felhaber and KEating and they stay healthy, HE will probably top the 70 point mark as a rookie.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
How good would Jason Robertson look on this team?

With two open overage spots, I'd rather see the team pursue somebody like Kyle Maksimovich from Erie or Justin Brazeau from North Bay. As opposed to young player + 6-10 draft picks for a 19 year old Robertson, a good OA Forward may cost 2 x 2nd rounders and a couple of other pieces.

But yes, Robertson would look really good on a line with Sasha Chmelevski.

Runback

Jul 26, 2014
With two open overage spots, I'd rather see the team pursue somebody like Kyle Maksimovich from Erie or Justin Brazeau from North Bay. As opposed to young player + 6-10 draft picks for a 19 year old Robertson, a good OA Forward may cost 2 x 2nd rounders and a couple of other pieces.

But yes, Robertson would look really good on a line with Sasha Chmelevski.

Ya, you're probably right with regards to the cost. Guess I'm just dreaming out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->