Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
As per Kenny Walls Bitten gets 1 game for his cross check at end of last game. Sounds about right, hopefully they learn not to do stuff like that when game is done and won. Boilers was just looking to stir things up and he did his job, good on him. Just skate away boys.

Looking at it as a simple infraction, it was no different than the one Gross gave Rossi. I don't like the suspension really. Playoff hockey. Sometimes players ask for it and they get it so let it go.

Reactions: sirius67fan

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Can’t believe you get suspended when a player comes at you and you defend yourself.... so he got hit in the face but it wasn’t an attack rather a reaction by an ..... Oshawa player

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Man oh man I’ve seen this script before. I hope certain people now realize just how good the 67’s are and how they can get to the league’s best goalies. It’s like they have a turbo and once it’s engaged they seem unstoppable. They didn’t even look good for at least half the game or more to boot. Only elite teams are capable of this.
I give credit to Oshawa, they came out hard and kept it close but so did the Wolves in the two 8-5 games only to see a similar onslaught as the game went on. I’ve never seen a third period team like the 67’s. Truly reminds me of the Habs halcyon days.
Well good game for DiPietro. From the second half of the game on he’s s looking more like I remember him looking and that could be scary. The 67’s are indeed a juggernaut and will be very very hard to stop. Gens have to pull out the stops in game three but it’s so hard to play with the 67’s through sixty minutes.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
They were reviewing whether Oshawa was offside bringing the puck in...it was freeze-frame close.

I personally thought it was offside but the stick was shielding the puck a little too much to see for certain. So, call on ice stands.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OK One thing I have always done is congratulate players when they do the right thing. MD had the type of game that we got him for and was great. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

A couple of questions.

Did anyone notice how lopsided the faceoffs were? Oshawa had the same problem against Niagara
Why is it Oshawa can not manager more than 28 shots a game. Just find it interesting that they every game seem to be in the 25-28 shots area.
The third is it that we are a better team or is it more than we are in better shape. I find it interesting that the Gens seem to get worn down as the game goes on. Taking stupid penalties and getting hammered like they are. Nothing against our guys but it sure tells you how great a system Boyd and Tourigny have built in the city.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The power went out in most of south Ottawa just after Oshawa scored to tie it up at 3-3, so i had no idea what the final score was until a few minutes ago when the power came back on.

Attendance 7739

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Keyser is non factor in this series so far 13 goals in two games.
I disagree. Keyser has made several excellent stops and kept the games closer than they might have been. You can nit pick a goal or two but thats just how it is against these guys.

the dog

May 16, 2014
I disagree. Keyser has made several excellent stops and kept the games closer than they might have been. You can nit pick a goal or two but thats just how it is against these guys.
in their 4 games they beat niagara in was a star in every game

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
agreed this is not on Keiser, excellent goalie left on his own.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
OK One thing I have always done is congratulate players when they do the right thing. MD had the type of game that we got him for and was great. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

A couple of questions.

Did anyone notice how lopsided the faceoffs were? Oshawa had the same problem against Niagara
Why is it Oshawa can not manager more than 28 shots a game. Just find it interesting that they every game seem to be in the 25-28 shots area.
The third is it that we are a better team or is it more than we are in better shape. I find it interesting that the Gens seem to get worn down as the game goes on. Taking stupid penalties and getting hammered like they are. Nothing against our guys but it sure tells you how great a system Boyd and Tourigny have built in the city.
Well said Beast! I was right behind Dp's goal in the second period and in two different play sequences one mid way, one right at the end he made 5 great saves which imo were the turning point of the game. He kept us there until the jets started, glad to have you Mikey!

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Prosvetov the Saginaw goalie just received a misconduct which some on the Saginaw board say he could get a suspension for, this was after another Saginaw player was hit with a hit to the head major and misconduct and Guelph scored 2 goals to take the lead, after the major Guelph tied it at 3-3, will now go to overtime

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Just wanted to point out that with the great performances by Chem, Tye, Maks, Chiodo, Rossi and Hoef among others I think it goes unnoticed how great Hoelscher is playing. Two big goals in this series and fits like a glove with Maks and Chiodo. Does all the little things and takes care of the defensive end to let the other two go at it. Kudos Mitch!

Last edited:

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Prosvetov the Saginaw goalie just received a misconduct which some on the Saginaw board say he could get a suspension for, this was after another Saginaw player was hit with a hit to the head major and misconduct and Guelph scored 2 goals to take the lead, after the major Guelph tied it at 3-3, will now go to overtime

Yeah. Anybody with OHL Live should be watching this gong show.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015

Actually Guelph scored 2 on the major to take the lead then Saginaw tied it with 1:17 left in the 3rd.

I believe Tippett got 5 games earlier this season for firing a puck into the crowd. If Prosvetov gets the same, Saginaw is effed.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I know they are 10-0 but Dipietro has been simply brutal. Makes me nervous every single shot on net. The 67's score their way out of trouble but eventually this goaltending is going to catch up to the team.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
A 67s win today would have them be the first OHL team to start the playoffs 11-0 since the 1988 Windsor Spitfires.
They are already the first team to start 10-0 since the 1998 Guelph Storm.

Reactions: BehindSooNet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad