Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Any idea why Ottawa never named a captain? Seems weird from the top team in the OHL. Would've thought they'd give the honour to Felhaber or Hoefenmayer for a least half a season on their way out

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Wow 11-0 who would have thought. Hope Rossi is ok but did not look too bad so likely precautionnary that he did not return. If Bitten got one for a shot to the head, will the league look at Salinitri's shot?

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
First, it is a great series for Ottawa
I am confused by Oshawa though.scheduling the number of games in a short time period does not make sense. They knew they were going against a rested hard skating team. The team knew that they were a tired group and that everything depended on Keyser being healthy as well as the defence. Why would you not schedule the 3rd game to Monday like the other group did to give your players some rest? The next game will not be pretty it should be easy for Ottawa to get to 12-0.
Is it possible that someone put a tack on MD spot of the bench and woke him up he has played stand out hockey lat 2 games.

Good news for Keyser is that the AHL playoffs just started so he should get a trip to Providence.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Bahl was an animal out there tonight as he has been all playoffs. If there’s a tougher D in his own end in this league, I certainly haven’t seen him. I was in Oshawa tonight for the game and the local fans in our section couldn’t stop talking about how dominating he was.

It was good to see Belanger get some run but I’m hoping Merrick Rippon is okay. Does anybody have news on him?

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
I just love watching this team play hockey.
It is the best 67 team I have seen since the 99 team.

Love the No Quit motto
Go 67s
You guys are such a team effort. We don’t need a captain we have many captains.

Reactions: BarberPole9

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I just love watching this team play hockey.
It is the best 67 team I have seen since the 99 team.

Love the No Quit motto
Go 67s
You guys are such a team effort. We don’t need a captain we have many captains.

ROB RAY I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this comment.

The thing that people forget at the 99 m cup team is that they did not win their way into the Cup. They were the home team and got automatic entry.

If you are comparing this team to past teams you have to go back to the 83-84 team that got Killer his M Cup ring. Statistically, they were probably a little better than this team but not much.
Both had 50 wins but back then a tie was a tie.

BTW CASSIDY, PANG, CREIGHTON, SHAW, ROBERTS.MCLAREN
To win the cup they beat a Quebec team that had a kid named Mario and a western team that had and a Rangers team that had a better winning percentage than they did .

Reactions: LR8

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
I’m not comparing this team just saying it has been awhile since we’ve had such great caliber of team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They are 10-0 when DiPietro has been brutal - image where they would be if he had been really good - maybe 10-0?

Id just rather see Andree in there, I think the next round they will have a much tougher opponent where they will need consistent goaltending to win.

Dipietro just doesnt seem focused at home, he has been better on the road.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Rooting for you guys to pull off the sweep. There are certain fans of other teams on this forum who could use that taste of humble pie. :nod:

No kidding. The most arrogant and pig headed that I have seen in a while.

All the best to the 67's, just dominating so far.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
I’m not comparing this team just saying it has been awhile since we’ve had such great caliber of team.

Agreed. At least this year's team isn't wearing Cooperalls, like 1984. 1999 was a team that ran into a Belleville team that had their number. Great defence, maybe a bit older, but the stars aligned for them. Winning the Cup is a lot of things, including luck. In 1977, they beat a better Knights team in the Final (including 7-0 in the last game), when they were a year away from their best. Take it when you get it.

You're right though. Nothing like watching a very good team play when you've spent a few years watching them get their asses kicked over and over again. What's best is that this team is set up to continue to excel for a few years yet.

I go to the Cup every year no matter who is in it. Having the 67s there would just add a bit of spice.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The best team was probably the '97 team. Both '97 and '99 had significant injuries. We were down 3 D-Men in '99. In '97 we lost Trotter to a broken wrist and McAuley was playing with a wonky noggin'.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
On the replay of the Rossi injury I’m wondering if Gross punched him in the side of the head?
It seemed like he went down from some kind of head injury

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
The best team was probably the '97 team. Both '97 and '99 had significant injuries. We were down 3 D-Men in '99. In '97 we lost Trotter to a broken wrist and McAuley was playing with a wonky noggin'.

1984 was a solid team (McLaren, Creighton, Hanna) , with great D (Cassidy, Shaw, Paterson), three solid lines and a checking line that could throttle the best. Goaltending wasn't bad either. They played Kitchener in the Finals and drilled them 13-4 in game 2. The series was scheduled for 2 in Ottawa and 5 in Kitchener because of the Home Show, but it didn't matter. Kitchener had awful goaltending.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
TeamPlayerDate of GameDisciplineEligible to Return
OSHAnthony SalinitriApr. 216 gamesTBD
SAGJustin MurrayApr. 204 gamesGame 7 of West Final
SAGIvan ProsvetovApr. 205 gamesTBD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Assess again after you see the video.

That's vicious. That will effectively end Salinitri's OHL Career. Hopefully it doesn't do the same to Rossi. I'm sure the league's decision of 6 games was based on a lot more than that video.

Last edited:

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
with Ottawa up by 3 I would sit rossi out wed and see how feels if game 5 has to be played. as for the rossi hit it was a sucker punch no need for that in hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad