Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
With Prosvetov suspended 5 games, it raises some interesting questions for Ottawa. Not to look past the Generals, but assuming the 67's manage to close out this series, there could be some implications for the finals.

Prosvetov could be suspended for some or all of games 1, 2 and 3 of the finals if they beat Guelph in 4, 5 or 6. Is it in Ottawa's best interest to hope for a Saginaw sweep to face a 16 year old goalie for the first 3 games of the final? Or cheer for Guelph to make a series of things, hope it goes 7, and hope whoever wins is tired out for the finals, knowing Prosvetov would be ready to go for game 1?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Assess again after you see the video.

That's vicious. That will effectively end Salinitri's OHL Career. Hopefully it doesn't do the same to Rossi. I'm sure the league's decision of 6 games was based on a lot more than that video.
Yeah you're right its worse than I thought at first glance. You see it better on the replay. Hopefully Rossi is ok and the suspension is not reflective of the injury but of the gesture and intent.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Saginaws 2 suspensions have hurt them tonight, Guelph fired 46 shots at rookie goalie Tristan Lennox in a 5-2 victory

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It's going to be pretty hard for Saginaw to win this series without Prosvetov. The only thing the Spirit have going for them is Popovich, if you know what I mean.

May be some higher scoring games the rest of the way.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
I think the OHL got rid of that rule

My thought would be to apeal it. from what i saw he just hit a homerun with the pcuk. 5 seems rather steep

Throwing, shooting, even batting a home run into the crowd during a stoppage of play is an automatic 5 game suspension. Always has been. I've seen a coach get suspended for flipping a puck to a kid after it ended up in the players bench during a game. You cannot appeal or 'buy back' any automatic suspension.

Reactions: Bob Barker

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Does anybody have news on Rossi and Rippon? Knock on wood, other than 1 game from both Tolnai and Belanger all of our regulars have been available to play.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Tonight's game should be another good test of Ottawa's resilience. Oshawa is a proud team with a great Goaltender who won't go down easily in front of their home crowd. Ottawa left yesterday so they should be good and rested for tonight's game with no bus legs apparent, not that this team has ever had conditioning or fatigue issues this year.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
NO Rossi tonight

D482fsVXoAIl-in.png

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
No Rossi, no Rippon. Maybe Rossi's injury played a role in Salinitri's suspension. Tourigny likes chemistry. Puts Tolnai in Rossi's place to keep the other lines intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad