Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
What a BS call on Felhaber. Ref completely turned the game around. Time for the boys to show their mental toughness

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
What a BS call on Felhaber. Ref completely turned the game around. Time for the boys to show their mental toughness
Not so sure about your BS call. FAlhaber's R skate was clearly interfering with Propp's pad in the blue paint. It was the right call.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Good pushback by the boys shorthanded. Had to fight through a lot of calls that went North Bay's way although in fairness refs were just bad both ways. We need to thank Andree for this one. Aside from 5 min in the first and 10 min in the third the Battalion were the better team tonight. A bit surprised at their record, would think they would be better. Brazeau would look good in a 67's jersey!

Reactions: Uncle

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
You defeat North Bay but it isn't pretty. I know your team is injured but you are no London Knights unit. In fact, if SSM or Guelph learn to slow you down like NB, you will struggle. I love Ottawa skating. I don't see anything greater than a 2nd round playoff win. Happy for the 67's season though. DiPietro???

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
You defeat North Bay but it isn't pretty. I know your team is injured but you are no London Knights unit. In fact, if SSM or Guelph learn to slow you down like NB, you will struggle. I love Ottawa skating. I don't see anything greater than a 2nd round playoff win. Happy for the 67's season though. DiPietro???

lol

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
Ottawa by far the best in the East and I dont see that changing anytime soon. They need to focus on how to beat London in the Cup final and what pieces they need to do just that.

Great team. Keep it going

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Ottawa by far the best in the East and I dont see that changing anytime soon. They need to focus on how to beat London in the Cup final and what pieces they need to do just that.

Great team. Keep it going
Thanks OS Fan, I must say you're a more objective person than a recent poster. Its been a while for us hard core 67 fans to have a good team. Have a merry christmas!

Reactions: Uncle and OS Fan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
A thought here but looking at two 3/ 3 week ends. As Rossi and the Clark(e)'s are not back till January, and we might lose Chem for a while, we need bodies. Might be time to pull the trigger to bring a forward in. However as Okhotiuk is possibly back next week at least our D will be at full strenght. Could see Belanger getting time at forward and likely call Crete up.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
We have like 3 forwards out with a total of 65 points (38 goals) which is quite significant. We also have a good defenseman missing for some time.

We are usually only dressing 9 forwards.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Wins and losses at this point of the season are virtually meaningless. If we have three forwards out, it gives an opportunity for young guys to get experience that can help down the road. Plus the injured guys get that mid-season rest that can help in a long playoff run.

Even if Oshawa were to catch up because we are short handed it isn't the end of the world.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Wins and losses at this point of the season are virtually meaningless. If we have three forwards out, it gives an opportunity for young guys to get experience that can help down the road. Plus the injured guys get that mid-season rest that can help in a long playoff run.

Even if Oshawa were to catch up because we are short handed it isn't the end of the world.
Disagree - at the end of the year it is very important to have home ice throughout the playoffs. Points matter. Game 7 in the OHL final - do you want to play that in London or Ottawa?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014

I know what you are saying, I was just replying to HashingMARK's comment that he was not impressed with our win over NB.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
On the TSN1200 broadcast, Graeme Clarke was interviewed during the intermission, and said he was recovering well. Said he hoped to get back in the lineup before the Christmas break. Good news there.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Disagree - at the end of the year it is very important to have home ice throughout the playoffs. Points matter. Game 7 in the OHL final - do you want to play that in London or Ottawa?

Having a deeper and more confident team with some young guys that got some significant minutes helps you close it out in game 6 at home.

I don't disagree about home ice but I'll worry about game 7 of the finals if we get there... hehehe

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I know what you are saying, I was just replying to HashingMARK's comment that he was not impressed with our win over NB.

Who cares. Two points is two points.

One of the great components of a Championship calibre team is they win games they shouldn't.

We could be in the other dressing room wondering why we didn't win.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Actually, two seasons separated the all-in years for Kingston; 2015-16 being Kelly’s first year as GM...have to trade away 1st picks when there is a shortage of picks to use. Barrie has developed only a few 1st picks over the decade of Ford & Hawerchuk, but they win a lot.
I did talk to some old timers while attending almost all fronts games after January 15. There was concern about the future; but, they were quite happy with the teams of the last few years.

What you doing in Kingston watching all those games? Are you a scout?

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Yep...lol. As for the call he had the puck and they never call that, was a hockey play imo

Definitely a hockey play. We've seen this move and goal hundreds of times and it has never been called goalie interference. The ref looked more like he was trying to put on a show than call a game. Big arm wave, grand gestures.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What you doing in Kingston watching all those games? Are you a scout?

If you plan to get out that way, time it so that you can see the annual Queens-RMC game; possibly the best game I’ve seen, including Olympic & World Cup hockey. The Dukes-Vs games are at least as nasty as any other rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad