Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
So, after all is said and done so far, it does look like a weak market.

Neumann goes for Wong (not all that impressive career so far) and two picks plus only one conditional pick. That is a very light price IMO.

Entwistle ends up going for Bertuzzi (an underperforming 1st from 2017) and a 2nd and 3rd. Another underwhelming return IMO.

Looks like theirs a hold on the Oshawa-Niagara trade for some reason. MAybe Niagara is seeing these deals and second guessing using Moore in a deal, which would be understandable.

If the sellers stay motivated, we could really see some deals done here and for reasonable prices.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It looks like Ottwa’s problem is they drafted too wel in 2017!

We are seeing underachieving 2017 1sts and 2nds plus paltry picks going for stud players now.

Neumann to OShawa
Tippett to Saginaw
Entwistle to Guelph

None of the players in these deals were solid. Maybe the Tippett deal was the biggest price but none of those players hold a candle to Peric or Quinn right now.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
So, with all of the recient moves, is it still a buyers market OMG67?
What left now for the 67’s. When will it be their turn to play their hand?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
So, with all of the recient moves, is it still a buyers market OMG67?
What left now for the 67’s. When will it be their turn to play their hand?

I would say it is a buyers market for sure.

We haven’t seen one single above average skater traded. No 2018 1st.

Something is holding up the Niagara-Oshawa trade. Maybe Niagara is second guessing themselves on Moore now?

I think there are a lot of players available that help Ottawa.

Ottawa already has a strong group of forwards that can score. They have a solid defensive defense.

It would be great to get a one PP QB and there are some out there as OA’s.

It would be nice to get one more scoring forward to stretch the depth. There are still loads of them out there.

Ottawa is in a different situation than some. We are just looking for depth. Not role players per se but overall depth to guard against injury etc.

The real trade for Ottawa was DiPietro. Everything after that is filler.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Thanks OMG67, I enjoy all of your contribution to this board.
This has been an exciting day for sure..

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sarnia here. I’d personally like to see you guys and the sting discussing Eliot for picks. He’s really pretty good, both offensively and defensively, and sarnia is really in need of high picks in the next year or two.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
So, to clarify, it looks like the window for trading 2018 1sts opens tomorrow (or Monday). That is why the Oshawa-Niagara trade has not been announced.

Also, it is interesting with all the other trades today, Suzuki isn’t one of them. With Boyd spending so much time with Dale Degray, it is very possible we may just see Suzuki and Durzi come to Ottawa in a Tolnai deal. Just speculation on my part.

You would think withthe other deals going down today if Suzuki was in a non-2018 1st deal, it would have been announced by now or at least someone like OHL Insiders would have mentioned something.

There is always the Frost-Sambrook option too but I just don’t see SSM selling.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So, to clarify, it looks like the window for trading 2018 1sts opens tomorrow (or Monday). That is why the Oshawa-Niagara trade has not been announced.

Also, it is interesting with all the other trades today, Suzuki isn’t one of them. With Boyd spending so much time with Dale Degray, it is very possible we may just see Suzuki and Durzi come to Ottawa in a Tolnai deal. Just speculation on my part.

You would think withthe other deals going down today if Suzuki was in a non-2018 1st deal, it would have been announced by now or at least someone like OHL Insiders would have mentioned something.

There is always the Frost-Sambrook option too but I just don’t see SSM selling.

post this rule change please. 1sts have been traded on the 1st (last year too) for a long time

Reactions: EvenSteven

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
post this rule change please. 1sts have been traded on the 1st (last year too) for a long time

A trade involving a 16 year old can't happen until tomorrow...be patient.

Just going on this. Plus there is a fog in my brain that suggests I did hear a while back that Jan 5th was the window. I could very well be wrong though. It wouldn’t be the first time. But, it would explain a few things that seem pretty perplexing.

Reactions: dirty12

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Well no healthy scratches today. If Tolnai/Clarke/Peric/Quinn were in play doubt they would have played.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Nice to see Belanger back and Rossi doesn't appear to have lost a step, dynamic as ever.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Phillips to Guelph for JUST picks...
Two 2nds
Two 3rds
Conditional 4th
Compensation 2nd (assume it’s connected to performance)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OHL Insiders saying Maksimovich heading to Ottawa. Deal not done but that is his take

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Phillips to Guelph for JUST picks...
Two 2nds
Two 3rds
Conditional 4th
Compensation 2nd (assume it’s connected to performance)

It looks like three seconds, as the third 2nd, the PBO 2019 pick was the comp pick the Petes received for not signing Will Cuylle which Guelph acquired in the Merkley/Gogo trade.

At these prices, let’s hope Ottawa adds another couple big pieces!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
FOR THE TRAVIS WATCH

2 games 1 assist 5 shots 1 slashing penalty.

3 shots 1st period
1 shot and assist in early 2nd
1 shot early 3rd.

These are the times that 4th line gets minutes so not sure how he did
They were the most of any player on the team though so it is stillhard to say.

As to them not telling boyd I am sure that there is already an agreement. They can hold him until Feb but can send him down then also. Remember Boyd is in the good spot of having the room to wait if they promise to send him down for the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad