Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 24, 2018
The 67s are in need of the break now.
Our depth is not there. so I’m suggesting we get a few players 2-3 in case we get hit by the injury bug more or in the playoffs

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
The 67s are in need of the break now.
Our depth is not there. so I’m suggesting we get a few players 2-3 in case we get hit by the injury bug more or in the playoffs
Ageed time for a break. However despite the last two days who would have thought we would be where we are at mid point? I suspect you'll get your wish 67 and at least 2 guys are added. When Chem and the injuries get back we'll be ready to roll. I've been harping to get two forwards but I concur with you getting another D in case of injury might be a good idea. Not talking Durzi or anything but a solid third pairing guy might be an idea.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Maybe you guys should look at Brazeau?

Once healthy and all players re back from tournaments:

Keating-Rossi-Felhaber
Bitten-Chmelevsky-Clark
Quinn-Hoelscher-Clarke
Yule-Tolnai-Maggio

Hoefenmeyer-Bahl
Rippon-Okhotyuk
Peric-Wilson

DiPietro
Andree

That lineup is good enough to win a lot of games. If you were to sub in Saigeon for Hoelscher and Maksimovitch for Quinn, that would put both Quinn and Hoelscher on the 4th line and really stretch out the lineup quite a bit. It would be three 1st lines.

When Rossi went down with injury, he was sitting around 11th in scoring playing with Felhaber and Keating who were both vying for the scoring lead.

Chmelevski had a slow start but has come on quite well.

Both Saigeon and Maksimovitch have been top 20 in scoring pretty much all season.

It would be a silly offense. Then add the top goalie in the OHL to that offense and a pretty solid defense and it would pretty much be lights out for the rest of the OHL if they were to remain healthy.

Reactions: nelli27

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
On that note fellow 67 fans have a merry x-mas and happy new year:santa::newyear:. Should be the most exciting trade deadline ever for the poles. And a second half to remember! Read you on the other side. Sirius out...

Reactions: BarberPole9

Sep 24, 2018
OMG
That line up you posted looks impressive but my worry is that injuries will be our downfall unless we add a full extra line to cover our short fall.
Go big and trade big or forget about this year being the full run as I don’t see us beating London if we don’t add a few pieces.

Sep 24, 2018
Would be a shame to have got Diepitro only to lose because our subs are crappy

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

There is another way to look at this. The fact that we are going to be short some players means that coaches get a chance to see what the people can do. We have the ability to look at their ability to take up the slack. It also shows where the holes are.

I agree that Saigon could be a good player to get but I really think we need that body that scares the other team.

If you were looking for a player that hits and scores who is out there.

Would Neuman in Kingston be someone we could look at? I still think Vilardi is a possibility but I am not sure if he will be back.

There are a lot of players that fill the roles we need.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
In considering possible additions, the team absolutely needs to add at least one more D, in case of injuries or suspensions. Belanger will be back at some point but they need another body back for sure. The challenge would be determining who to sit on a nightly basis as each of our top 6 D are very solid players. Maybe adding an 18/19 year old depth player would make more sense than acquiring a Durzi/Sambrook type?

Agree fully that the team should use both of the OA forward spots. I'd wait it out to the last couple of days when prices lower a bit. The idea of trading 5 2nd and 3rds for Maksimovich seems steep at this point.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
OMG
That line up you posted looks impressive but my worry is that injuries will be our downfall unless we add a full extra line to cover our short fall.
Go big and trade big or forget about this year being the full run as I don’t see us beating London if we don’t add a few pieces.
I think you are starting to panick because of a couple of losses by a tired and depleted team.

We acquire Saigeon and Maksimovich or two other valued OA forwards our top 3 lines will be hard to match. Hoelischer and Yule have looked better lately so combined with Quinn would make a pretty good fourth line.

The only worrisome situation is should a defenseman get injured long term. An extra solid Dman would be a little bit of insurance.

I am sure Boyd didn't go get Dipietro so we could win a playoff round or two.

Management will acquire the necessary pieces to make us a good candidate for a championship.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
In considering possible additions, the team absolutely needs to add at least one more D, in case of injuries or suspensions. Belanger will be back at some point but they need another body back for sure. The challenge would be determining who to sit on a nightly basis as each of our top 6 D are very solid players. Maybe adding an 18/19 year old depth player would make more sense than acquiring a Durzi/Sambrook type?

Agree fully that the team should use both of the OA forward spots. I'd wait it out to the last couple of days when prices lower a bit. The idea of trading 5 2nd and 3rds for Maksimovich seems steep at this point.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

Sorry for the intrusion, l come in peace. 5 2nd and 3rds for Makismovich is crazy. Salinitri went for 2-2nds + 1-4th and has 4 less points than Makismovich. I pretty solid comparable l could see him going for 2-2nds+1-3rd.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Sorry for the intrusion, l come in peace. 5 2nd and 3rds for Makismovich is crazy. Salinitri went for 2-2nds + 1-4th and has 4 less points than Makismovich. I pretty solid comparable l could see him going for 2-2nds+1-3rd.

I would think that is fairly accurate. Maybe add a 5th to that on the top end.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Seeing what Boyd and Tour have done so far I am expecting them to add players that will play different roles that are needed.

I still think we need some muscle on the front end

I can also see a D or a forward that is comfortable playing the point on a PP

Just noticed that Vilardi did not get clearance to play WJC, therefore, I think it is safe to say he will not be back in the OHL

Kings are going to be taking the long approach and will keep him off the ice.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Seeing what Boyd and Tour have done so far I am expecting them to add players that will play different roles that are needed.

I still think we need some muscle on the front end

I can also see a D or a forward that is comfortable playing the point on a PP

Just noticed that Vilardi did not get clearance to play WJC, therefore, I think it is safe to say he will not be back in the OHL

Kings are going to be taking the long approach and will keep him off the ice.

Saigeon is the muscle you are referring to. He is in the same image as Barron except a little more talented for scoring.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Pas de coup d’éclat prévu chez les 67’s

Interesting trade deadline preview from J-F Plante, who continues to carry the torch of sportswriters covering the team in the city. The jist of it is that they are only looking at adding one more scorer and are still hopeful that Travis Barron may be returned at some point.

« Nous voulons ajouter un attaquant, pas plus. Nous aimons notre équipe >>

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
will he even play? Obviously very serious injury that wont be pushed

No risk?

Tolnai
Two 2nds
Two 3rds
4th
5th

Risk?
Two 2nds
Two 3rds
4th
5th
Conditional 2nd
Conditional 2nd
Conditional 2nd
Conditional 3rd
Conditional 3rd

Conditions linked to health through regular season and playoffs.

Hands down, he's the best player in the OHL. I don't think anyone could come close to questioning it.

Reactions: dirty12

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Pas de coup d’éclat prévu chez les 67’s

Interesting trade deadline preview from J-F Plante, who continues to carry the torch of sportswriters covering the team in the city. The jist of it is that they are only looking at adding one more scorer and are still hopeful that Travis Barron may be returned at some point.

« Nous voulons ajouter un attaquant, pas plus. Nous aimons notre équipe >>

It's interesting the team still hopeful of Barron returning. That suggests the Av's have not told the 67s for certainty that Barron is staying in the AHL-ECHL.

If Barron were to return, it would be a phenomenal turn of events for the team. It forego's the need to acquire a 2nd OA which would save them four picks.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
« Nous croyons encore aux miracles. Son retour faciliterait bien des choses », a conclu Tourigny.

"We still believe in miracles. His return would make a lot of things easier, "concluded Tourigny.

Barron has played in 16 of the AHL Eagles' games with 2-1-3 point totals, 26 PIM and a +1 rating. He has also played 6 games with the ECHL Grizzlies (0-3-3 PTS 4 PIM -2).

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Barron is a shot a game only 16 games with 2 goals and an assist.

The question, of course, is would he get more competitive ice time if he came here.

It might be interesting.

OMG if he does come back where do you see him fitting in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad