Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
We still have a bunch of second round picks in 2019 with not much room on the roster next year. It is a hard thing to tell Andree that, despite his excellent play so far, he will be second fiddle to DiPietro, who regularly plays 50-55 games a year and all of the post-season. But, how often do you get the opportunity to trade for a Memorial Cup-winning goalie who was also the Cup All Star goalie that year? So long as they don't screw up the room, they are hitting all the right notes so far.
That’s a very good point I don’t hear mentioned near enough amid all this fantasy trade talk. The effect changing up the roster can have on team chemistry. Case in point the Wolves a few years back acquiring Faksa and Carrick in an effort to shore up. The team was doing fine and went right downhill. Not saying that will happen in Ottawa but it’s worth being aware of (I’m sure Tourigny is).

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
We have two OA spots open. There are four players on my radar:

Saigeon
Maksimovich
Durzi
Sambrook

Saigeon and Durzi would be my one-two punch but any of those four would be fantastic.
What about Hancock in OS? He is the fourth leading scorer in the league? I also really like Mattinen as a very tough, reliable stay at home D.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I still have a hunch that Travis Barron may return. He has 2 points in the AHL so far and maybe Colorado could return him to reunite with their other good 20 year old prospect in Saigeon if we can pick him up.

2018-19
6.png
Colorado Eagles
AHL12112181|
6.png
Utah Grizzlies
ECHL60334-2|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-19 AHL/ECHL/USHL/WHL/OHL/QMJHL stats powered by

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think Brazeau would also be a great choice

I doubt Brazeau will be available.

The reasons for the four I mentioned are they either fit in with a similar skill set or add some tangible we don't already have. Saigeon adds that element of toughness with scoring ability. He can grind jsut as well as score goals. Maksimovitch is a little smaller of course but he has speed and can skate which compliments what we already have quite well. I see a good fit there.

Of course there are other big name OA's that may come available. All are good. Those are the two forwards, that for me, should be a notch above the rest for the 67's.

Durzi adds an element to our PP and is an overall good D-Man that plays all three zones. Sambrook can put up some points but is solid in the neutral zone and tough in his own end. Kills penalties very well. Both add more experience to a young D-Core.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Coming in peace, but if Ottawa wants to go for Maksimovich, he has playoff and Memorial Cup experience which is a plus. He is also a huge team leader so that would benefit Ottawa. Erie is looking to fill the cupboards and although OAs usually don't get a huge payoff, he's worth a few picks atleast.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG We did it I still see Andree getting plenty of ice time. Dipietro is going to be tired when he comes back and they will probably slowly put him in the nets for games. Let's face when you have this pair with the defence that we have there is no rush.

We will be the number 1 team in the east. now it is a case of keeping both goalies fresh and injury free.

As to future trades, I think that the most we need is one player that will fit into our dressing room. Yes, we could use a player but if we get more then we are going to have to end a kid that has worked his ass off and made friends int eh dressing room home. Not good for the kid and not good for the chemistry.

People have mentioned that Villardi is available I for one do not. I see LA letting him try out for the WJC if he makes it fine. But as soon as he is back they are going to want him so they can check on his back.

Saigon could cost more than we think he like a lot of the players you mentioned are good and teams like London are going to want to get him to bolster their team.
The playoffs is all about 2 things and only 2 things.
Defence and attrition.

Defence we have but could use maybe oneplayer

atrrition is the hard part.

Teams are going to play the body against us. If we are trading for a player we need to find one that has the size and ability to hit. having a player like Galbraith that knows his role but can score also is a god send in the playoffs. Would we have won the M Cup if galbraith had not hit the Calgary leader?

A line or players that when the other team hears the footsteps they tense up a little is a good thing.
This team is a finesse team there really are not a lot of pure bangers that i can see
A 3rd line that went out and hit anything in a non ottawa jersey would be ideal.
Just think how the Petes knocked off Kingston a few years ago

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Coming in peace, but if Ottawa wants to go for Maksimovich, he has playoff and Memorial Cup experience which is a plus. He is also a huge team leader so that would benefit Ottawa. Erie is looking to fill the cupboards and although OAs usually don't get a huge payoff, he's worth a few picks atleast.

I think a couple 2nds is the floor with a 3rd and 5th added to that as the ceiling.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG We did it I still see Andree getting plenty of ice time. Dipietro is going to be tired when he comes back and they will probably slowly put him in the nets for games. Let's face when you have this pair with the defence that we have there is no rush.

We will be the number 1 team in the east. now it is a case of keeping both goalies fresh and injury free.

As to future trades, I think that the most we need is one player that will fit into our dressing room. Yes, we could use a player but if we get more then we are going to have to end a kid that has worked his ass off and made friends int eh dressing room home. Not good for the kid and not good for the chemistry.

People have mentioned that Villardi is available I for one do not. I see LA letting him try out for the WJC if he makes it fine. But as soon as he is back they are going to want him so they can check on his back.

Saigon could cost more than we think he like a lot of the players you mentioned are good and teams like London are going to want to get him to bolster their team.
The playoffs is all about 2 things and only 2 things.
Defence and attrition.

Defence we have but could use maybe oneplayer

atrrition is the hard part.

Teams are going to play the body against us. If we are trading for a player we need to find one that has the size and ability to hit. having a player like Galbraith that knows his role but can score also is a god send in the playoffs. Would we have won the M Cup if galbraith had not hit the Calgary leader?

A line or players that when the other team hears the footsteps they tense up a little is a good thing.
This team is a finesse team there really are not a lot of pure bangers that i can see
A 3rd line that went out and hit anything in a non ottawa jersey would be ideal.
Just think how the Petes knocked off Kingston a few years ago

I told you it wouldn't be a silly trade and if it were, Ottawa would not have taken part in the sale.

It was interesting to see Boyd say he has no plans of trading roster players because they feel the team will be served well next year. That suggests draft pick trades only which points to filling both OA spots.

We'll see what the trade value will be for te top flight OA skaters but like I mentioned above, I think the floor is two 2nds with a ceiling of a 3rd and 5th added. Somewhere in between that return should get the players we need. The one thing that seems good is there may be quite a few Impact OA's available which may depress the market value a little. That is ur advantage, plus we have immediate picks to offer which is another advantage. Teams don't have to take picks five years out. They can drat right away.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Been following the fireworks all day but no time to post...darn work it does get in the way. Finally done for a decent price. (Good job Mr Boyd) By my count we still have 9 seconds, 7 thirds and 9 fourths in next 6 years so plenty of ammo. So imo we acquire two more players an OA (or two!) And as I mentionned earlier maybe a player we get two years out of as I do think we have a two year window. This season is getting better and better! Welcome to Ottawa Michael...glad to have you!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
On another note I have a feeling this is not Boyd's last move of the week. We are short bodies with two 3/3 week ends. With the Dipietro deal done it clarifies things. May as well get a forward now rather than later as we're probably losing Chem for a while also.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
On another note I have a feeling this is not Boyd's last move of the week. We are short bodies with two 3/3 week ends. With the Dipietro deal done it clarifies things. May as well get a forward now rather than later as we're probably losing Chem for a while also.
You guys dont really get hit to hard for WJC eh? only Chem and Dipietro...thats not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad