Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Don’t know if this has already been asked but when you guys play Gatineau does it count as regular season game? If so how can it count in the standings when other ohl teams don’t play them just wondering

Sep 24, 2018
I’m sure the team is happy but I hope Andree takes the chance to learn and not see it as a negative.
He’s a star in the making for sure.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I can see a trade for a player coming soon as we will be missing at least 4 players.
A trade to fill temporary holes maynot be the best thing. Why not call up a few of the kids that almost made the team and give them some ice to see if they are going to be rady for prime time next yer

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
A trade to fill temporary holes maynot be the best thing. Why not call up a few of the kids that almost made the team and give them some ice to see if they are going to be rady for prime time next yer

Agreed. MAke a trade for a player you need for the entire season.

Only exception is if a team is just looking to trade a guy because he's a spare part and jsut looking to keep him in the league and want nothing really in return...or a waiver claim etc.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Problem with that is they need to be signed. If they do they lose ncaa option. Not many kids will sign with a guarantee of a few games.

Reactions: dirty12

Sep 24, 2018
I think it a nice gesture to sign him and let him play a game or two but really this isn’t going to help us this year. We need bodies that will contribute now and throughout the playoffs.
Is it a bad idea to have Tolnai sit some games in order to get a spark under him. Good player but he just can’t finish at this level.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Reminds me a little of Gamble.

Hope he plays better and can stay with the team. Also if he does well maybe someone else in the will bebe interested.

no matter what it is a win for him.

go get em kid

As to TOLNAI GET OFF THE KID

Take a look at the players that are in front of him. If Rossi had not been drafted he would have gotten more minutes. Now he gets a year to develop his skills.

The problem is tht some of these kids take a little time to develop.

If you do not believe me look south and take a look at the Fronts record with 1st round draft picks that flourished after they were traded.

During the first half of the season coaches usually, put restrictions on what the kid is allowed to do or go. Killer's used to be if you were a D and even got near the offences face off circle s you were dead.

At the break, they are told that the learning period is over and they have to start producing for their team mates.

Reactions: sirius67fan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Reminds me a little of Gamble.

Hope he plays better and can stay with the team. Also if he does well maybe someone else in the will bebe interested.

no matter what it is a win for him.

go get em kid

As to TOLNAI GET OFF THE KID

Take a look at the players that are in front of him. If Rossi had not been drafted he would have gotten more minutes. Now he gets a year to develop his skills.

The problem is tht some of these kids take a little time to develop.

If you do not believe me look south and take a look at the Fronts record with 1st round draft picks that flourished after they were traded.

During the first half of the season coaches usually, put restrictions on what the kid is allowed to do or go. Killer's used to be if you were a D and even got near the offences face off circle s you were dead.

At the break, they are told that the learning period is over and they have to start producing for their team mates.

Agreed.

Tolnai may have a monkey on his back but he will toss it soon enough. He is a talented kid. He will rise tot he occasion when the time is right for him. His responsibility level probably won't increase after the New Year but it will next year.

I look at it this way. If we acquire an OA forward, it is very likely Hoelscher or Clarke will end up on the 4th line if and when everyone is healthy. That is how deep this team is right now. So, Tolnai probably won't get a lot of opportunity. He can sit back, watch, and learn. There is no pressure on him and we don't really need him to do anything this year. He's in a win-win situation. If he does break out in the 2nd half, he can force Tourgny's hand. If he doesn't break out, there is nothing lost this season. All good.

Next year? Different story.

Reactions: sirius67fan

Sep 24, 2018
Wow I didn’t realize we were so short on forwards.
That was not the 67s team I’m use to seeing ,basically a first line and then 2x 3rd line and a 4 th line that would never be if we weren’t so short.
We really don’t have any depth if we have injuries as we can see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad