Ottawa 67's 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
3-3 after two. Two comments, Hope's made at least 4 great saves or Ottawa would be leading. The refs have been awful but to Ottawa's advantage, two brutal calls against the dogs. I get the feeling Ottawa's gonna get a few cheap calls in the third, pk better be ready.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Great effort tonight, glad to see the team stand tall and not back down. Nice stare down at the end of the game as Niagara skated off the ice, lots of chirping and bad blood on display!
Let's go 67'S!

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Wow, that was ugly. The officiating was awful, not excuse for the Dogs loss as they didn't deserve to win they way they played.

I thought it would be a pretty tame series as both teams play a clean style.... got a little ugly at the end. As I said in a previous post, should be a good and long series.

Was the attendance figure of 1885 on the OHL site for tonight's game accurate?

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
So far, so good. Lets hope the refs are better the rest of the series.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Let me get this straight. Vince Dunn scores 4 goals and is the 3rd star? Homer or what? Totally stupid in my opinion.

Studnicka was probably the best player on the ice tonight for Ottawa. That kid doesn't EVER stop working. He deserves his "A".

Neither goalie should be proud of their game tonight.

Brendan Bell should be a healthy scratch next game. He is a waste of space.

You can see Barron is chomping at the bit for an opportunity on a higher line. that kid is great.

Guy had a great game and really forced the play in the offensive zone.

Ho-Sang needs to use his linemates better.

Jeff Brown has the best facial expressions of all time behind any bench, anywhere, in any league. He says so much while saying nothing.

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
Game one goes to Ottawa, deservedly so.

The refs straight up embarrassed themselves tonight.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Wow, that was ugly. The officiating was awful, not excuse for the Dogs loss as they didn't deserve to win they way they played.

I thought it would be a pretty tame series as both teams play a clean style.... got a little ugly at the end. As I said in a previous post, should be a good and long series.

Was the attendance figure of 1885 on the OHL site for tonight's game accurate?

On a side note, your radio play-by-play guys are the biggest bunch of homers going! Obvious penile envy of anything Ottawa. Listened while at work tonight and switched between the 67's broadcast and yours? Thankfully I went back to CFRA as St Catherine's was brutal!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Is David Bell still a coach with Niagara? If so it will explain how this is going to be a tough series. He does not like to lose and will play mean.

The good news is that it could create a hell of a rivalry which can only help.

How does TK look should he be back playing or should he still be limited ice time.

Johnsb

May 20, 2010
Yes Bell is.

TK looked good last night for being out a couple of weeks. Good start with the win.

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
TK played well, he both took and dished out a lot of hits and seemed happy about it in his post game interview. Niagara's coach/gm is Marty Williamson and it looked at one point like he might get thrown out of the game.

Is David Bell still a coach with Niagara? If so it will explain how this is going to be a tough series. He does not like to lose and will play mean.

How does TK look should he be back playing or should he still be limited ice time.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
On a side note, your radio play-by-play guys are the biggest bunch of homers going! Obvious penile envy of anything Ottawa. Listened while at work tonight and switched between the 67's broadcast and yours? Thankfully I went back to CFRA as St Catherine's was brutal!

You won't find anyone to disagree with you. They are over the top homers.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls

He is the defence coach in Niagara, and so far hasn't been a very good one. The defence is the weak link on this team by a mile. In addition, other than Haydon (who is one of the toughest in the league) we may have the softest defence in the league.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
TK played well, he both took and dished out a lot of hits and seemed happy about it in his post game interview. Niagara's coach/gm is Marty Williamson and it looked at one point like he might get thrown out of the game.

There was an argument between Williamson and the ref that was ended by the ref telling him to f@$k off. That's when Marty blew a gasket.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Let me get this straight. Vince Dunn scores 4 goals and is the 3rd star? Homer or what? Totally stupid in my opinion.

Studnicka was probably the best player on the ice tonight for Ottawa. That kid doesn't EVER stop working. He deserves his "A".

Neither goalie should be proud of their game tonight.

Brendan Bell should be a healthy scratch next game. He is a waste of space.

You can see Barron is chomping at the bit for an opportunity on a higher line. that kid is great.

Guy had a great game and really forced the play in the offensive zone.

Ho-Sang needs to use his linemates better.

Jeff Brown has the best facial expressions of all time behind any bench, anywhere, in any league. He says so much while saying nothing.
You're right Bell had a lousy game, was slow out there and not involved. However wouldn't scratch him for one game. He's had a solid 2nd half for us and if this series escalates we'll need his presence and toughness out there. I'll bet ya he will be a factor before this is done. Agree with the rest of your comments especially Brown...what a scowl! By the way you're right about Ho-Sang but don't mention it I want him to try and stickhandle through the team and create turnovers mind u I probably would do it too if I had his hands.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
There was an argument between Williamson and the ref that was ended by the ref telling him to f@$k off. That's when Marty blew a gasket.

If that's the case the ref should be disciplined. it goes both ways ...what would have happened if Williamson said that?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
He is the defence coach in Niagara, and so far hasn't been a very good one. The defence is the weak link on this team by a mile. In addition, other than Haydon (who is one of the toughest in the league) we may have the softest defence in the league.

Don't know if your D is soft as haven't seen you guys enough but didn't realize how good Dunn was...good skater,shot and great hockey sense, was very impressed. Hopefully he can stop impressing me for the rest of the series;)

LeafsFIO*

I don't know whether Herbst was really good with his blocker or if Niagara was just trying to pick corners all night and he just got lucky.

Konecny only threw one hit and was noticeably wincing when Wilkie hit him in the first. He absolutely has a target on his back, but I wouldn't expect any less.

Mallette's penalty shot was the highlight of the night. That totally woke up the Niagara bench too.

Ho-Sang can pass the puck he just holds onto it a half second too long every time. He took shifts on all four lines last night so it's tough to line match against him. They won't hold him off the scoresheet forever but he had his space totally taken away from him for the most part last night.

Haydon let his frustrations get the better of him and it basically gave Ottawa a goal in the third.

After the fight he pointed and threatened Addison in the box. In the third he was trying to slash/get Addison to fight him, Addison blew by him and scored to make it 5-3. I'm all for tough playoff hockey but that was one of the more boneheaded plays I've seen in a long time.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
For the first two periods, the Dogs stood at their bench. They looked fresh and ready to go. They fought back from a 2-0 hole and were saved by some outstanding goaltending to come out of the second period tied at 3. In the third, most of their bench was sitting down or leaning on the rail. They looked and played like a tired team.

Ottawa was relentless on the forecheck and the cycle down low. The Ice Dogs are a big fast team with a lot of skill, but they were just outworked last night. Vince Dunn deserved a higher star. All he did was shoot at the net and make plays. The rest of his team should have taken the hint.

As for officiating, Ryan Carroll. 'Nuff said. Marty was getting his troops a breather with a number of lengthy discussions with the officials. I am surprised that he didn't get the boot. It is the one area where the League and the officials take a far too lenient stance. A coach in any lower level would have been gone halfway through.

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
Game 1: Williamson's public comments

Williamson blames team defense, and Ottawa capitalizing, but not Hope's performance...

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015/03/26/67s-dump-icedogs-8-5-in-series-opener

“Dunn was phenomenal,†IceDogs head coach/general manager Marty Williamson said. “Without him, it was a butt kicking.â€

“It was a tough game to put your finger on, and we didn’t get any breaks with the calls,†he said.

“After a very shaky, nervous start we found a way to play a half-decent second period,†Williamson said. “Then we went out in the third period and made too many mistakes, and they capitalized on every single one.â€

“He made some good saves, and it’s not on Hoper (Hope), that’s for sure,†Williamson said. It’s on team defence.â€

“We had breakdowns, we had guy staring at the puck and they skated by us and had opportunities,†Williamson said. “We were puck watching, and they seemed faster than us at certain points of the game.â€

“Every time they were faster than us, they capitalized.â€

“We have to tighten up, we have to play better defensively and have better puck support,†Williamson said. “We will sit down, we will watch the video, we’ll bounce back and get one out of here on Saturday.â€

“It’s a tough building here and they have been very good at home and we have been very good at home,†Williamson sai. “We know we have to win one here and the next one would be nice.â€

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
I'm kind of surprised with Herbst gettin the start again. He wasn't that great on Thursday, but I guess he got the win and that is all the team was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad