Ottawa 67's 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
67's deserved the series loss. ****** ass goaltending! Draft some defence while you're at it! The mystery penalty at the end was ******** however if this team would have kept workig hard like they did in game 1/2 this serious would possibly going back to Ottawa for a game 7 Tuesday!! Actually when they lost the other night at home it was all but over as far as I was concerned. This needs serious help in nets and on the blueline. Brutal!!

Go Niagara, take down Oshawa!

On a more positive note
1-went from 18th to 8th(9th?) overall.
2-great coaching staff
3-improvement almost across the board of almost every player under Brown/Eastwood
4- accountability is back!
5- a lot of our core is coming back..TK,Sal,Add,Bar,Mallette,Midds,Herbst, etc...
6-At the end of the day Niagara earned the series as I thought they would before it began they're one year ahead in the cycle. But I loved the effort today that game could have gone either way.

That being said yeah our goaltending was not consistent but give Herbs/Lazarev/ Lafreniere anither year? A year is huge in junior , our goalies certainly showed talent/potential just not consistency...yet.

As for defense big decisions to be made, who do we keep of the 19y.o.? Well based on his moves to date I'm ready to trust Patti Higgins.

Next the draft and the import draft ( we need two good guys) .....go 67's. It was fun to have a good team this year after the wilderness!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Just wanted once again to compliment Brown/Eastwood. Great job of coaching. Made the players accountable and better. The best examples are Middleton, Studnicka and Salituro.
The only decisions I did not agree with are
1 -taking captaincy away from Bell (TK could have waited a year)
2-I was puzzled on T.Barron's icetime in the second half, I thought he deserved more of a role after his strong start, but he did get regular shifts and they might have been sheltering him? Nevertheless I thought he should have gotten more 1rst/2nd line time. But hey I'm nitpicking good job coaches!

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Ottawa

Congrats on a good series a bounce here or there was the difference great effort by Ottawa esp without number 17 they did not fold and did everything but tie it up great game maybe we will meet again next season in the eastern final.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Good year for the poles.

Next year should be better as they will know right from the start what is expected. Getting Patty and brown was a stroke of genius. Next year this team should be fighting for number 1.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
***** rules I remember going to Ottawa in the playoffs 7th game 81 I think Jim Fox was playing for 67s that year!!!!!!

Yes Fox was in the lineup I believe. That was a great series. We had Jim Ralph in nets and he backstopped us to victory. I do remember the Oshawa fans mocking our goalie with "R-A-L-P-H-I-E!, R-A-L-P-H-I-E!" chants all through the series. Game 7 was intense and full of fights like we were accustomed to, and even in the stands! :amazed: I think the 67's won in OT that year and I always remember the Ottawa fans chanting "S-H-A-W-N-I-E, "S-H-A-W-N-I-E!" in response to Oshawa goalie Shawn Simpson as final payback! :laugh:

Those were the days! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad