Ottawa 67's 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
It definitely was not a dead crowd as the previous poster stated.
Crowd noise has never translated well on the TV Cogeco broadcasts in this building. They either use the best noise cancelling microphones in the business or they just don't have them set up properly to pick up the crowd.
I go to all the games and when I watch the highlights later on the OHL site I can't believe how quiet it sounds on the telecast.
Oh and this isn't the only arena I have noticed this in.

Okay that has to be it then? I am not sure why the broadcaster would want to reduce the noise on the telecast anyway? I think most people would want to get the full game experience mirroring that of what is going on in the rink? On another note, the Team 1200's broadcast sounded even worse IMO : Like put some crowd mics in there dammitt! :laugh:

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
Watched the game here in Niagara and it sounded ok. Not a lot of crowd noise but you could hear them.
Could be the Action Pak. I know the games in Ottawa had no crowd noise either.
Also, I was talking with a friend that lives in Ottawa and he told me the Rogers TV guys were cutting off the first couple minutes of the game and Rogers would put in there own commercials but when they would come back from commercial Rogers would be late.
Might be the rink as well. At Gatecliff the rink sounded great with the crowd and the noise, it just isn't close to the same atmosphere at the Meridian Centre.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Watched the game here in Niagara and it sounded ok. Not a lot of crowd noise but you could hear them.
Could be the Action Pak. I know the games in Ottawa had no crowd noise either.
Also, I was talking with a friend that lives in Ottawa and he told me the Rogers TV guys were cutting off the first couple minutes of the game and Rogers would put in there own commercials but when they would come back from commercial Rogers would be late.
Might be the rink as well. At Gatecliff the rink sounded great with the crowd and the noise, it just isn't close to the same atmosphere at the Meridian Centre.

There's something wrong with the Rogers mics. Ever since they moved back to the Civic Centre, it seems that they cut out whenever there's a loud cheer or if the commentator raises his voice. You have to wait for a nationally broadcasted game on Sportsnet to really get a sense for the crowd noise in Ottawa. Would imagine it's the same in Niagara, those fans definitely aren't quiet.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
you guys might be playing us next round Oshawa Generals I would rather play Ottawa than Niagara!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
Presuming you are an Oshawa fan, Ottawa would relish a next series with the Gens. If we can put a couple of wins behind us in the next few days then look out :)

you guys might be playing us next round Oshawa Generals I would rather play Ottawa than Niagara!!!!!!!!!!!!1

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Presuming you are an Oshawa fan, Ottawa would relish a next series with the Gens. If we can put a couple of wins behind us in the next few days then look out :)

I am a Oshawa Generals Fan I would rather play Ottawa than Niagara

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I am a Oshawa Generals Fan I would rather play Ottawa than Niagara

Kid I go waaaaay back with you Gennies. I remember the great battles we had in the 80's. We used to kick the living **** out of the Generals and that loser coach Paul Theriault! :D

Nah just joking. Oshawa is a respectable and credible foe. You would be very tough to beat. The Generals have had a good season. Would be a great series!

Anyway posting over on the Sens board as there seems to be a more active thread over there!

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
Not looking good now. Both goaltenders showing weakness. The team around them not helping when its most needed. And TK was out for the 3rd. Interviewed after the game by TSN, Brown was not encouraging about the captain's return.

All this after a darn good first period and drawing the first goal. From where I was seated (low, east end of the ice) we seemed to be out-hitting, out-skating and out-chancing for all of the first period. Then in the second hell broke loose. Down three, the boys got back back in the game with two key goals. Then nothing.

Now its an elimination game in the Dog house.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
ottawa

Listened to the game on the radio it sounded like the Icedogs took over the first period after Ottawa goal and then Hope saved quite a few shots in period two before the Icedogs exploded for their three goals. Who will start for Ottawa Sunday in goal does not sound good if 17 does not play on Sunday it will be tough too win at the Meridian Centre but it been a good series.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Series will be over Sunday! Don't like their chances in St. Kitts. Niagara just too strong and more depth than Poles. Another year needed for the 67's to mature. Just a little too green behind the ears.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Ottawa was a threat for about 5 minutes in the first and second period. A lot of clutch and grab by both teams, but the four man officiating crew pretty much took the night off.

Mallette nailed someone in the head along the boards and no call. Free hands reaching out to grab as players skated by. Not a pretty game.

In the end, the Ice Dogs were the better team and deserved the win. Ottawa wasn't ready to play, especially on defence and in goal. Too many free forwards standing in front of the net potting cheap rebounds. The coach took the heat after the game, saying they just weren't ready to play. Now, with Konecny likely gone, Sunday is going to be tough.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Kid I go waaaaay back with you Gennies. I remember the great battles we had in the 80's. We used to kick the living **** out of the Generals and that loser coach Paul Theriault! :D

Nah just joking. Oshawa is a respectable and credible foe. You would be very tough to beat. The Generals have had a good season. Would be a great series!

Anyway posting over on the Sens board as there seems to be a more active thread over there!

whats wrong with Paul Theriault!? he was a great coach I have a question, does Ottawa 67s play in the same building as when Jim Fox played for Ottawa? I went up that year to a 7th game between Oshawa and Ottawa I often wonder if the arena is the same

darmitage

May 13, 2012
don,t worry Ottawa fans Generals we will look after Niagara even thou I would rather play Ottawa we will knock out Niagara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 games

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
whats wrong with Paul Theriault!? he was a great coach I have a question, does Ottawa 67s play in the same building as when Jim Fox played for Ottawa? I went up that year to a 7th game between Oshawa and Ottawa I often wonder if the arena is the same

Nothing if you are a fan of the Oshawa Generals! Theriault had a rather unusual style of coaching. Looking back he was an excellent teacher in the game and always had his Generals battling it out every year my 67's for top spot in the Leyden divsion. He used to litterally stand on top of the players benches and march up and down holding the very end of a sawed off hockey stick. He'd constantly be chirping up with the players on both teams and refs, and sometimes the fans!! LOL - while a lot of his players had tremendous talent he often times insisted in gooning it up, especially against Brian Kilera's 67's. That made the 67's-Generals playof series that more intense as most of Killer's teams were fast skating and finesse while Theriault liked to employ the odd ******* here and there! :laugh:

Theriault only ever beat Ottawa once (1983) and was basically was owned by Killer's 67's throughout his OHL career! :yo: It was no secret that they hated each other. Used to remember the southsiders heckling the **** out of him all game long at the Civic Centre. Man fans were so much more vulger and rougher back than! :D Theriault leaves a good lecacy in Oshawa and in the Soo.

I heard he suffers from the debilitating effects of post-concussion syndrome so hopefully he is at peace in his remaining years? All of the oppossing coaches in the OHL, one I will never forget is Paul Theriault that is for sure!

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Nothing if you are a fan of the Oshawa Generals! Theriault had a rather unusual style of coaching. Looking back he was an excellent teacher in the game and always had his Generals battling it out every year my 67's for top spot in the Leyden divsion. He used to litterally stand on top of the players benches and march up and down holding the very end of a sawed off hockey stick. He'd constantly be chirping up with the players on both teams and refs, and sometimes the fans!! LOL - while a lot of his players had tremendous talent he often times insisted in gooning it up, especially against Brian Kilera's 67's. That made the 67's-Generals playof series that more intense as most of Killer's teams were fast skating and finesse while Theriault liked to employ the odd ******* here and there! :laugh:

Theriault only ever beat Ottawa once (1983) and was basically was owned by Killer's 67's throughout his OHL career! :yo: It was no secret that they hated each other. Used to remember the southsiders heckling the **** out of him all game long at the Civic Centre. Man fans were so much more vulger and rougher back than! :D Theriault leaves a good lecacy in Oshawa and in the Soo.

I heard he suffers from the debilitating effects of post-concussion syndrome so hopefully he is at peace in his remaining years? All of the oppossing coaches in the OHL, one I will never forget is Paul Theriault that is for sure!

Theriault is the best coach Oshawa has ever but I think DJ Smith our present coach is sure almost as good I remember those good days in the 80s Oshawa had 3 OHL Titles including a Memorial Cup from 1980 to 1990 and that 1983 team was the best Oshawa Generals team ever even thou we lost in Portland against Portland of course those days we didn,t have all these ***** rules I remember going to Ottawa in the playoffs 7th game 81 I think Jim Fox was playing for 67s that year!!!!!!

Last edited:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
67's deserved the series loss. ****** ass goaltending! Draft some defence while you're at it! The mystery penalty at the end was ******** however if this team would have kept workig hard like they did in game 1/2 this serious would possibly going back to Ottawa for a game 7 Tuesday!! Actually when they lost the other night at home it was all but over as far as I was concerned. This needs serious help in nets and on the blueline. Brutal!!

Go Niagara, take down Oshawa!

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
67's deserved the series loss. ****** ass goaltending! Draft some defence while you're at it! The mystery penalty at the end was ******** however if this team would have kept workig hard like they did in game 1/2 this serious would possibly going back to Ottawa for a game 7 Tuesday!! Actually when they lost the other night at home it was all but over as far as I was concerned. This needs serious help in nets and on the blueline. Brutal!!

Go Niagara, take down Oshawa!

The "mystery" call at the end was the right call. Studnicka's visor came off his helmet. The rule is the player is supposed to go directly to the bench. Studnicka decided to go into the corner and play the puck instead.

DiFruscia got the same penalty for the Dogs in game 1 when his helmet came off. He played the puck instead if going to the bench and got a penalty.

It's unfortunate that it happened at such an important time in the game/series. But, it was the right call.

It was a good series that could've gone either way. Ottawa worked their tails off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad