Speculation: OTT next trades

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
This Dorion fool is ruining the trade market for Rangers who need to unload a bunch of precious and semi-precious assets by the deadline.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Should we expect any more trades before the season begins or are we waiting for the trade deadline?

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Would expect Duchene and Stone traded before trade deadline or sooner. As why would they hang on to them if going to do a rebuild then do it right.

Reactions: IODCPiper

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm confused...Are the Sens are aware that they can't possibly tank this year...I mean this year specifically? OR they just don't care that there's a chance that Hughs might land in the AV's lap?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars are interested I hope. May have even already talked to the Sens about it

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm confused...Are the Sens are aware that they can't possibly tank this year...I mean this year specifically? OR they just don't care that there's a chance that Hughs might land in the AV's lap?
As sens fans were not fully sure if management understands this. It appears they do not if you base it on their actions but Dorion did say today 'its the right time for a rebuild'. So yeah I dont think he understands.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Everyone dumping on Ottawa while they are down is a sad human trait I must say.
Keep in mind that Dorian unfortunately has a owner who likes to overtly run the show.
Also keep in mind that the Sens have to spend to the cap floor and they can't get rid of every contract above 3 M.
Also re Karlsson ... at least they didn't lose him for nothing as NYI did with Tavares. San Jose gets EK for one season and maybe only until the TD as there is no guarantee he signs long term there.
What the Sens need most if for Melnyk to sell, solidify the Lebreton Flats reality and build build build. They'll be fine.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
If they really want to "rebuild" properly, you deal anyone on an expiring contract at the deadline and tank. That plan usually makes a lot of sense, and it makes sense because you're getting assets back while weakening your team and getting a better draft pick.

We don't have our draft pick, so I have no idea what our plan is.

Seriously sometimes I think Pierre Dorion is an inside man for the Habs or something and his job is to make us as bad as possible.

Anyways, here are all of the guys with some trade value and/or expiring deals we could potentially sell at or before the deadline:
- Stone (pretty good package)
- Duchene (good package)
- Dzingel (late 1st or a 2nd+3rd)
- Wideman (late 2nd)
- Ceci (late 1st or a 2nd+3rd)
- Anderson (3rd)
- Pyatt (5th)
- Paajarvi (5th)
- Smith (5th)
- Condon (5th)

Not looking very bright at this point but at least we'll get to see what the likes of Tkachuk, Brown, White, Batherson, Formenton, Chlapik, Balcers, Norris and Jaros can do over the next 2 years.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Everyone dumping on Ottawa while they are down is a sad human trait I must say.
Keep in mind that Dorian unfortunately has a owner who likes to overtly run the show.
Also keep in mind that the Sens have to spend to the cap floor and they can't get rid of every contract above 3 M.
Also re Karlsson ... at least they didn't lose him for nothing as NYI did with Tavares. San Jose gets EK for one season and maybe only until the TD as there is no guarantee he signs long term there.
What the Sens need most if for Melnyk to sell, solidify the Lebreton Flats reality and build build build. They'll be fine.

That's something for Sens fans to cling to, at least.

If Melnyk sells the team during this season, or is ousted in some way shape or form, and the new owner sends Dorion packing, there's a chance EK returns next July.

What a beautiful homecoming that would be, too. They'd be dancing in the streets of Kanata. :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So many jokes...

But honestly, and seriously, I do feel for Sens fans, because they appear to have an incompetent GM working for a disingenuous, narcissistic owner. Not a good combination. And that makes it all but impossible to discuss trades because their recent history says they're not working within the bounds of logic.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
So many jokes...

But honestly, and seriously, I do feel for Sens fans, because they appear to have an incompetent GM working for a disingenuous, narcissistic owner. Not a good combination. And that makes it all but impossible to discuss trades because their recent history says they're not working within the bounds of logic.
I bet if you are leading a big organization and atleast should know what to do, you gotta have some narcissistic elements in you thats for sure.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I bet if you are leading a big organization and atleast should know what to do, you gotta have some narcissistic elements in you thats for sure.

Sure. But then you get to Eugene Melnyk levels and sink your organization.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I'm pretty certain one or both of Stone and Duchene will stay to lead the re-build. I'm sure they're waiting to see just how good the young guys are...but based on what Dorion has said, he wants them around. Guess we'll see.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm pretty certain one or both of Stone and Duchene will stay to lead the re-build. I'm sure they're waiting to see just how good the young guys are...but based on what Dorion has said, he wants them around. Guess we'll see.

Do either of them want to be around, given the past 12 months? We're talking about a management group who has orchestrated a brilliant tank ... ...for the benefit of the Colorado Avalanche.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I'd imagine Stone would have big value around the league. The Coyotes could pay a boat load.

They have a lot of prospects, and even more young roster players that could be moved. I'm sure Ottawa would be interested in Cousins, Crouse, Fisher, or Perlini. Dvorak or Chychrun could be included in a deal. Dylan Strome would be better than of the pieces EK just got.

That is, of course, a list of assets that could be in a deal, not a suggestion that they all be offered together at once. Just to be clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad