Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CHI] Sens trade Zack Smith to Chicago for Artem Anisimov

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I disagree with you. I've looked at rosters on Cap Friendly and it is hard to find a roster anywhere in the league that I like better than the Hawks.
That might just be because you're less familiar with other teams' players. Or, again, you're seeing things to rose colored glasses.

Hawks have a roster that stands a chance at winning on any given night. But that doesn't mean that they are the best team in the league.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That might just be because you're less familiar with other teams' players. Or, again, you're seeing things to rose colored glasses.

Hawks have a roster that stands a chance at winning on any given night. But that doesn't mean that they are the best team in the league.
I watched most series in the playoffs and I watch other teams pretty regularly. Especially last year, when it was obvious the Hawks were a longshot at best for the playoffs.

I wasn't impressed by anyone in the playoffs really. I look at the Hawks roster right now and I think they could stand toe to toe with anyone in the NHL in a 7 game series.

I can't think of a worse Cup winner than the Blues last year since the 2006 Hurricanes, and I have my realist hat on.

I can't think of another team that has the depth and quality up and down the lineup other than the Lightning. I really can't.
What other team has Saad and Shaw on their 3rd line?

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I watched most series in the playoffs and I watch other teams pretty regularly. Especially last year, when it was obvious the Hawks were a longshot at best for the playoffs.

I wasn't impressed by anyone in the playoffs really. I look at the Hawks roster right now and I think they could stand toe to toe with anyone in the NHL in a 7 game series.
No team stood out in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean that there weren't good teams.

I think they could stand toe-to-toe too. But the keyword there is 'could'. And if Nylander or Kubalik falter, our depth up front is just a little less impressive. If Keith gets injured, we're doomed. If Gus' drops down to a 40 point player, our offense from the backend will start to dry up. There are a lot of question marks with this team, like there are with most teams.

But I don't think me saying this or anything else will persuade you otherwise, so I'm just going to bow out of the rest of this discussion.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
No team stood out in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean that there weren't good teams.

I think they could stand toe-to-toe too. But the keyword there is 'could'. And if Nylander or Kubalik falter, our depth up front is just a little less impressive. If Keith gets injured, we're doomed. If Gus' drops down to a 40 point player, our offense from the backend will start to dry up. There are a lot of question marks with this team, like there are with most teams.

But I don't think me saying this or anything else will persuade you otherwise, so I'm just going to bow out of the rest of this discussion.
There are some ifs, but everyone else has them too. Key injuries will sink anyone. I'd agree that a Keith injury would be a death blow. The word is could because they haven't played yet. And if Gus drops off I wouldn't hesitate to ship him out of town and bring up Boqvist.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL

I can't think of a worse Cup winner than the Blues last year since the 2006 Hurricanes, and I have my realist hat on.

I can't think of another team that has the depth and quality up and down the lineup other than the Lightning. I really can't.
What other team has Saad and Shaw on their 3rd line?
Pat Foley? Is that you?

Hawks look good on paper. Or ar keast they look better on paper than this past April.

No way I'd put money on the Hawks until I see what the roster looks like this upcoming October.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not as disappointed as Chicago fans will be if they get their hopes up even a little bit about Smith.

Anisimov will come in and get top 6 minutes and have every chance to do well and get his career back on track. Smith was waived fodder, unfortunately good for very little and had no future here at all. I would have begrudged him a roster spot. On Ottawa. Think on that.

We plan on him to be 4th liner

And AA looked like crap and anchor playing with Patrick Kane these past two years and looked abysmal with mostly everyone else. The high point of AA career was being carried by Panarin + Kane for two years and he didn't produce much and was simply a guy on line with them (Much like Brouwer with Kane/Toews in 09/10 and Stalberg with Kane/Toews in 11/12)

Playing with Sens talent there is really no reason to think he will be better

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Haha. They're on par with St Louis. They're the second best team in the division right now on paper. It isn't hard to see the Hawks put up 110 points next year.

They've filled all of their holes without sacrificing the future at all. Bowman has created about as deep of a roster that is possible under the cap. Even if Nylander and Kubalik need more time, they still have players in Rockford that could fill their roles.
Well everyone’s optimistic in the summer I suppose. Best case scenario is the Hawks fighting for a wild card spot. But likely scenario is they miss again. There’s a lot of better teams in their own division including St Louis.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Not sure how Dorion pulled this off...Smith should have next to no value at this point. Still don't expect much from Anisimov, but getting rid of Smith got me pumped.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Well everyone’s optimistic in the summer I suppose. Best case scenario is the Hawks fighting for a wild card spot. But likely scenario is they miss again. There’s a lot of better teams in their own division including St Louis.
Disagree. They've jumped Winnipeg and Dallas at least. Arguably Nashville.
Best case scenario the Hawks are 1st in the West, IMO.

The Central is a gauntlet, no doubt but I se no reason why they can't come out on top.

Too many people are ignoring what Bowman has done this offseason.

Reactions: featherhawk

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
its all good, AA out Smith in that is good, Stan says he is not done so will see what he is in mind next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad