Other Sports LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Last time Strasburg threw 200+ innings in a season he followed it up by throwing 120 and then 140

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Heard about Bryant still being upset about the service time issue. Said he was told he had a chance to make the team that year and felt it wasn’t true.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If Bryant is still upset at a basic cost control move by the Cubs four or so years later, then bye, Felicia.

Hey, one way to clear up payroll then, Ricketts.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
This is from the grievance filed four years ago. Also how dare he be mad about millions in lost income.

World's smallest violin. He's getting paid, will still get mega paid, and the Cubs used an obvious loophole that the players agreed to in collective bargaining. And I'm not faulting him for wanting it overturned and for his free agency bargaining strength to come a year earlier, I'm faulting him for having that be a poison pill with not being willing to discuss an extension with us allegedly. Cubs didn't do him dirty there.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Also, MLS is about to announce a thirtieth franchise? How the heck is there that much interest for a league that probably isn't even top ten in talent among pro soccer leagues?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Apparently the Cubs have no money now. Remember when the TV thing was going to be a huge cash windfall? What a joke...

Cubs Reportedly Telling Agents They Can't Negotiate on Even Low-Cost Free Agents Until They Clear Salary

This sucks. The Cubs finally have a contender and no hot stove season. They need to move Heyward and Chatwood, even if it costs assets. Addressing the pitching/bullpen is too important, they are wasting prime years of the star players.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
oh what a crock.

you’re telling me you’d be ok getting screwed on your salary because if a loophole?

Sure. I also don’t make enough to afford a mortgage.

The point is he has made plenty of money. He will make a shit ton of money. It’s not like he’s been short changed in life because of it. It’s one thing to be annoyed about it, but to still be upset? Come on.

If he was in more need of money, it’s obviously different. But something tells me that won’t be an issue for the rest of his life, so excuse me for not being able to find any sympathy.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Sure. I also don’t make enough to afford a mortgage.

The point is he has made plenty of money. He will make a **** ton of money. It’s not like he’s been short changed in life because of it.

If he was in more need of money, it’s obviously different. But something tells me that won’t be an issue for the rest of his life, so excuse me for not being able to find any sympathy.

Such an incredibly stupid argument.

“Well, uhhhhhh he’s already made a lot of money so him being screwed out of his actual worth is ok because I’m poor.”

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Has every right to be. And some of us called this happening a few years ago too.

As I said, wanting it to be undone is one thing. It allegedly being enough to make you not interested/wanting out to the point of forcing a team's hand to trade you or lose you for nothing in FA is another.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Such an incredibly stupid argument.

“Well, uhhhhhh he’s already made a lot of money so him being screwed out of his actual worth is ok because I’m poor.”

Yeah pretty much. Sorry I don’t feel bad for a guy who won’t have to worry about money for the rest of his life. My bad!

You really think that extra couple million will have any impact on the quality of his life? I don’t think so. So I think it’s pretty ridiculous to throw a fit over it.

And he certainty has the right to do that. Thats 100% his right. But it’s also my right to point out it’s stupid.

Reactions: hawksrule

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Also some posters need to understand Bryant filed this grievance years ago. Just now it's coming to light since he could potentially be either a year or 2 years away from FA.

I don't think some realize how big of a deal this ruling is. I don't think Bryant wins, but he has a better chance then anyone before him and this ruling has massive ramifications for not only the Cubs, but for the White Sox and the rest of baseball.

Assuming they rule on this prior to the start of next season, if it does rule in Bryant's favor the Sox are better off just starting Robert in the big leagues, same with Madrigal potentially. They likely can't call him up real close to the deadline without losing a grievance and a year of control.

Reactions: LDF

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Kind of a weird outlook to not care about people being paid their worth because they already have enough money by your standards.

Why’s that weird? It’s not like the dude missed out on a lifetime of wealth because of it. He’s gonna get paid huge money here soon, so I guess my give a shit level is a little low. Think about how little he’s going to miss out on in the grand scheme of how much we’ll be worth here soon. Probably won’t even be 5% of what his next contract is.

There’s people a lot worse off in life than poor ol’ Kris Bryant.

Yes, my level of care depends on the situation. You got me there.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Also some posters need to understand Bryant filed this grievance years ago. Just now it's coming to light since he could potentially be either a year or 2 years away from FA.

I don't think some realize how big of a deal this ruling is. I don't think Bryant wins, but he has a better chance then anyone before him and this ruling has massive ramifications for not only the Cubs, but for the White Sox and the rest of baseball.

Assuming they rule on this prior to the start of next season, if it does rule in Bryant's favor the Sox are better off just starting Robert in the big leagues, same with Madrigal potentially. They likely can't call him up real close to the deadline without losing a grievance and a year of control.
this is nothing but his agent thinking he finally has cause to challenge the who system of FA, the way that mlb has it set up.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Why’s that weird? It’s not like the dude missed out on a lifetime of wealth because of it. He’s gonna get paid huge money here soon, so I guess my give a **** level is a little low. Think about how little he’s going to miss out on in the grand scheme of how much we’ll be worth here soon. Probably won’t even be 5% of what his next contract is.

There’s people a lot worse off in life than poor ol’ Kris Bryant.

Yes, my level of care depends on the situation. You got me there.
Shitting on a millionaire to side with a family of billionaires...yeah, nothing weird about that.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
****ting on a millionaire to side with a family of billionaires...yeah, nothing weird about that.

Im not siding with anyone, though I do see that it comes across as such. But that wasn’t my point.

I didn’t mean to say the Cubs were in the right either, just that I don’t really feel all that sorry for him.... Or sorry for the Cubs management. They all need some perspective. They definitely screwed him and it’s ridiculous to be cheap, but it’s also definitely silly to get that upset over what will be like a dollar to him here soon. I think it’s all ridiculous is what I’m getting at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad