Other Sports LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Right...which is why they've flipped to Bumgarner. Just my opinion, I think he ends up with either the Angels or Padres.

I think a lot of people overestimate the Angels in the Cole sweepstakes. They've already backed up a Brinks truck for Trout. They can't send out for another one.
well i always did like the underdog teams, but Trout has sold me on the Angels for yrs.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Wheeler is Boras guy , right?

If so once again Boras proves to be ******* to Sox management

Your client has no interest in playing in Chicago and wants to be near NJ but you gleefully string along Jerry/Sox front office to inflate market for your client knowing that he wont be signing with Chicago
An agents job is to get his client the most money wherever he wants to be. He's not going to just go to the Phil's and say this is where I want to be, can I have 100 mil. You're so obtuse.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Bumgarner have a wife?

Maybe Sox should talk to her 1st

I don't want Bumgarner. We don't need the Sox spending money just to spend money. Unlike the Machado fiasco, we can't blame them for anything here.

If I'm the Sox, I look for a young controllable arm that any team early in a rebuild might have and dangle Andrew Vaughn. Then devote the free agent dollars to the best RF, DH and pen arm they can find.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I'm thinking Illinois is either heading to the Redbox Bowl or the Quick Lane Bowl, and it all depends how many teams the Big Ten gets in NY6 bowls.

If 3 teams get in, then Illinois will almost be guaranteed to be headed to the Redbox. But if only 2 teams get in, then I believe they are more than likely headed to the Quick Lane Bowl, with Michigan State getting the Pinstripe. Guess that's what you get for getting your ass kicked by Northwestern!

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I'm thinking Illinois is either heading to the Redbox Bowl or the Quick Lane Bowl, and it all depends how many teams the Big Ten gets in NY6 bowls.

If 3 teams get in, then Illinois will almost be guaranteed to be headed to the Redbox. But if only 2 teams get in, then I believe they are more than likely headed to the Quick Lane Bowl, with Michigan State getting the Pinstripe. Guess that's what you get for getting your ass kicked by Northwestern!

Quick Lane Bowl, yuck. Redbox would be pretty good though.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Tom Allen just got a 7 year extension.

Yikes...this year better not be a fluke, because that's going to look awfully shitty if they go 5-7 next year.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Tom Allen just got a 7 year extension.

Yikes...this year better not be a fluke, because that's going to look awfully ****ty if they go 5-7 next year.

Extensions aren't usually the issue. It's how the buyouts are structured. If the buyout isn't bad, then the length of the contract doesn't really matter too much at the end of the day.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain

These bowl game names are hilarious. I am real old school and remember when the national championship was decided by the Cotton, Rose, or Sugar bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad