Other Sports LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Zach Lavine is going to have a huge year if he stays healthy.

I have to admit, the Bulls are entertaining this year. They are spacing the floor and actually trying on defense.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Boylen might actually be good.

giphy.gif

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Zach Lavine is going to have a huge year if he stays healthy.

I have to admit, the Bulls are entertaining this year. They are spacing the floor and actually trying on defense.

There is debate on whether Coby White is a true PG. What thinks ye?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Boylen might actually be good.

I'll give him credit for actually adapting to the modern game and rethinking his philosophies (something alot of posters were pounding the desk for Quenneville to do on the hockey side). It's showing in the preseason with the Bulls pushing the pace in transition, not dumping the ball down low in the post in every possession, etc.

I still want to see this during the season too.. (and there's still a couple of things he preaches that I don't particularly care for) but so far I like what he's doing.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Illini are going to play in Ireland versus Nebraska in 2021.

... that's... random.

But then again, I've been looking for a UK/Ireland vacation excuse for my hibernophile wife and myself, so that might make for a decent excuse...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
There is debate on whether Coby White is a true PG. What thinks ye?
White is 19 years old. First and foremost, he is a scorer. Leading scorer of all time in North Carolina High School basketball. He started playing PG at UNC ... which he did very well. He still has a huge learning curve, but he's a willing passer and defender. It will take time for him to see the floor. His shooting is improving at a great rate, but will still go through rookie scoring shooting slumps. However, the upside is very promising.

They key: White fits with Lavine well. He can play off the ball and also play the point though he needs far more experience. His handles are good. Coby White is a combo guard. In today's game, 2 combo guards are fine in the backcourt as long as they move the ball.

I suspect the Bulls will continue to shop Kris Dunn. The Bulls are going with Sato, White, and Archie ... with Harrison and Valentine in reserve. Hopefully, we can get a 2nd rounder for him. Maybe we can get something for Valentine too. We need more wings. I don't think Hutchison is the answer.

Felicio is terrible. One more year and then we can trade his $7mn next year stapled to a 2nd round draft pick.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Illini are going to play in Ireland versus Nebraska in 2021.

... that's... random.

But then again, I've been looking for a UK/Ireland vacation excuse for my hibernophile wife and myself, so that might make for a decent excuse...
Dublin is fun. You'll love it.

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Dublin is fun. You'll love it.

Cool fact about Dublin too on inbound flights from Europe. You can clear US customs and immigration in a matter of 15-20 minutes which is quite handy. Your inbound flight to O'Hare T5 is then treated as a domestic flight.

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
White is 19 years old. First and foremost, he is a scorer. Leading scorer of all time in North Carolina High School basketball. He started playing PG at UNC ... which he did very well. He still has a huge learning curve, but he's a willing passer and defender. It will take time for him to see the floor. His shooting is improving at a great rate, but will still go through rookie scoring shooting slumps. However, the upside is very promising.

They key: White fits with Lavine well. He can play off the ball and also play the point though he needs far more experience. His handles are good. Coby White is a combo guard. In today's game, 2 combo guards are fine in the backcourt as long as they move the ball.

I suspect the Bulls will continue to shop Kris Dunn. The Bulls are going with Sato, White, and Archie ... with Harrison and Valentine in reserve. Hopefully, we can get a 2nd rounder for him. Maybe we can get something for Valentine too. We need more wings. I don't think Hutchison is the answer.

Felicio is terrible. One more year and then we can trade his $7mn next year stapled to a 2nd round draft pick.

Yeah you are quite right about the doh boy. One of the worst (if not the worst) contracts ever handed out by the Bulls.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not able to get into politics of situation here but NBA/China situation just got worse for NBA after Lebron decided to speak

Lebron deservedly getting ripped apart including by Enes Kanter

This story wont be going away for NBA anytime soon

Boy what a terrible take by Lebron and his attempt to walk it back is going just as poorly

Go to Business of Sports board for discussion on topic within rules of this board and well just go on social media to see the PR mess deepening for NBA

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Not able to get into politics of situation here but NBA/China situation just got worse for NBA after Lebron decided to speak

Lebron deservedly getting ripped apart including by Enes Kanter

This story wont be going away for NBA anytime soon

Boy what a terrible take by Lebron and his attempt to walk it back is going just as poorly

Go to Business of Sports board for discussion on topic within rules of this board and well just go on social media to see the PR mess deepening for NBA
LeBron James is talking about something he knows nothing about. He needs to stay away from it. That said, he shouldn't have ripped on Morey. His ignorance/ hypocrisy about the matter is showing. It's best he stays away for social justice issues through the media for good. He just lost a ton of credibility. I say this as a fan of LeBron's charity work.

I do a lot of business in China. It's not an easy situation or decision. It's complicated in Hong Kong. It's difficult to manage a global business / brand. LeBron is figuring that out. He's woefully unprepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->