Other Sports LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Also, MLS is about to announce a thirtieth franchise? How the heck is there that much interest for a league that probably isn't even top ten in talent among pro soccer leagues?
There isn't, just look at the TV ratings.

But the owners know they can make bank by continuing to collect expansion fees.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Bulls attendance last night was 14,000. Lowest attendance ever at the UC. Maybe we'll finally see change

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Some interesting games in the Champions League today...

-Liverpool need a draw away to secure qualification for the round of 16
-Dortmund at risk of missing out with Inter Milan needing to win vs. Barca, but Barca will be resting players
-Chelsea/Ajax/Valencia fighting over two spots

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What is the best site to look at TV ratings? I want to look at the Hawks ratings. Thanks.
Local ratings rarely become public. I used to have access to everything through work when I was in the industry, but that's years ago.

For nationals, you can look at Awful Announcing, Sports Business Journal, or search on Twitter.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
My first Bulls games this year are Wednesday vs the Hawks (I like Trae Young) and Saturday vs the Clippers. I ended up buying a package because it mostly pays for itself, but I've got like all the best games plus one or two shitty ones that just have guys I like.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
My first Bulls games this year are Wednesday vs the Hawks (I like Trae Young) and Saturday vs the Clippers. I ended up buying a package because it mostly pays for itself, but I've got like all the best games plus one or two ****ty ones that just have guys I like.

Dammit MB. Stop putting money in Jerry's pockets!

.... have fun though brother.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Angels about to make move it appears (Cole or Rendon)

Just traded Cozart ($12.6M salary for this coming year) + 2019 1st round draft pick Will Wilson (15th overall) to SF for cash considerations

Cozart was FA bust from 2 summers ago

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Liverpool has really struggled to keep a clean sheet, so being able to do it against Salzburg on the road was a surprise today. A welcome surprise, though, for sure.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If it's for Fulmer + an average spect, I'm fine with the move. If not... ew. They better hope he explodes like Soler did.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Mazara blows. Going to be so fed up if this is all they do to fill RF.

Agreed. Literally the only thing he has going for him is age. Now if this is a move to save money for pitching, then great. Otherwise I'd rather just sign Ozuna (this is assuming Texas is still asking for a lot too). But hey... like I said maybe he pulls a Soler and just explodes as a former top prospect, but I'm not holding my breath there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mazara blows. Going to be so fed up if this is all they do to fill RF.

What exactly do you want them to do? Overpay for Castellanos?

If they can land Mazara without giving up major pieces of future then that is good thing

His stats this past year

116 games
27 doubles
19 HR's
66 RBI's
.268 BA
.318 OBP

That would be major upgrade for Sox at RF and as pointed out he is under team control until 2022 so that fits in with idea of a young contending team

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
He's only an upgrade because they had below replacement level players there, and he's just slightly above replacement level.

Apologies for wanting to see them spend some f***ing money and get this thing going already. This division is there for the taking if they open up the wallet.

I'm fine taking Mazara if it's going to be practically free, but giving up anyone of value would be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad