OT: Other Sports aka where we pretend to know Vance Joseph's ability as a HC Thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Rumor is that Broncos might not let Vance Joseph leave the state.

He's scheduled to meet with San Fran on Thursday, but sources are saying if Broncos offer him job today that he will accept it.

We might have a new coach as soon as tonight.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Per Klis they spent another 4 hours at Elways restaraunt tonight. For now Joseph is still supposed to interview with SF and SD. He was always going to stay in Denver tonight and fly out tomorrow. But I think the 4 hour dinner is surprising.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Toub, Shanahan and Joseph all have gotten 4 hour interviews/dinners.

Apparently they are taking this thing pretty seriously. And they like to eat.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Toub, Shanahan and Joseph all have gotten 4 hour interviews/dinners.

Apparently they are taking this thing pretty seriously. And they like to eat.

OMG...this is crazy news!! I wonder what they ate?

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Can someone tell me about Vance? I personally liked the idea of bringing in Shanahan and I think his resume is rather impressive. Good OCs don't always translate into great head coaches coaches but something about Vance (what little I know) doesn't entice me. Who is our best bet at keeping Wade?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Can someone tell me about Vance? I personally liked the idea of bringing in Shanahan and I think his resume is rather impressive. Good OCs don't always translate into great head coaches coaches but something about Vance (what little I know) doesn't entice me. Who is our best bet at keeping Wade?

Not hiring Vance.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm not a Broncos fan, but Shanahan would be my pick, just because I think he would keep Wade. I think keeping Wade is paramount to the team that is built to live and die by the D. Keep Wade let him do his thing on D, and let Kyle mold the O the way he likes it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If we hire Vance, we might as be prepared for the second coming of Josh McDaniels. The guy is a joke of a coach, and the only reason he is even being considered is because of his CU connection.

I can't believe this proud franchise would make this big of a mistake, especially when you are only one year removed from a Super Bowl win and you still have a fairly strong roster.

Be prepared for 2 6-10 seasons or worse and then him getting fired. What a freaking joke. So mad right now.

AdrianTheMagician

Dec 9, 2016
I think this is going to be a great hire, i trust in elway, & ellis to make great decisiojs for franchise, and because this is the 2nd interview in last 3 offseasons that they like what they see....and being a hc in nfl is the ability to be a leader of men, not x's & o's (like mcdaniels, gus bradley, todd haley, etc), player management, overseer of coaching staff and believe thats what they see in vj

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Klis is tweeting that Elway is expected to make an offer today.

Looks like this is going to happen.

I am seeing bits and pieces that McCoy will still come in as OC with Joseph in place. I do like that a lot. The defense might lose a few ticks but the offense desperately has to improve.

A three headed monster of Joseph-McCoy-Phillips would be nice. If they could get Musgrave as QB coach I would be jumping over the moon.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

fwiw, dolphins fans are not all mad that they are losing him... even the opposite. their pass D was decent this past season but their run D was porous. they have only one solid LB, i guess but with that dline, it should've been better.

has done good job as a position coach, from what i've understood.

last season was his first as a coordinator... DB coach for a decade prior that..

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm not a Broncos fan, but Shanahan would be my pick, just because I think he would keep Wade. I think keeping Wade is paramount to the team that is built to live and die by the D. Keep Wade let him do his thing on D, and let Kyle mold the O the way he likes it.

Why does a Vance hiring automatically equate to a Wade firing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad