OT: Other Sports aka where we pretend to know Vance Joseph's ability as a HC Thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Already talks of bringing back McCoy for OC and promoting Joe Woods to DC. This is a bleak day for Bronco fans. We just took 3 steps in the wrong direction.

I gonna miss Wade. He brought us one of the top 5 defenses of all time 2 years a go and now they're just kicking him to the curb. :(

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Noticed the Roman numeral is wrong, it should be XXIX. (The next one coming up in a bit will be XXX. :naughty:) Well, I'll be on my way.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Why does a Vance hiring automatically equate to a Wade firing?

FWIW Al Williams on the Fan keeps hinting it is money driven - they don't want to pay him. Also in the fold is that the DB coach is being considered for defensive coordinator spots around the NFL and to keep him they have to promote him. The Wild card is that there's respect both ways between Vance and Wade (having coached together in Houston).

I somehow get the feeling Elway wants to start a youth movement on this team immediately. With the # of draft picks and cap they should be able to do it. I think John actually realizes that he needs to reboot now if he's going to be competitive in 3-4 years. Elway himself isn't getting any younger - he needs to set the framework for the future right now.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I'm fine with the hire but he lacks the experience I would rather the HC have. 1 year as a coordinator just seems too little especially considering he is bringing in a rookie DC as well. This is why I would keep Wade.

Shade of McDaniels. Except McDaniels came from a damn good New England team. Joseph on the other hand...
I don't get shades of McDaniels from VJ. If anything...Little Shanny seems more in the mold of McDaniels.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
take a look at his beautiful new logo of the chargers.

C1-653wUkAALS-F.jpg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well that's typical of the Chargers, no?

Basically.

Just don't like how the owner needed ~900M for the new stadium in San Diego and wasn't willing to pay, but will gladly pay the ~650M relocation fee to the NFL.

He was probably hell bent on moving the team to Los Angeles all along, but it sure seems like he's getting an incredibly sweet deal by being allowed to play in Kroenke's palace in the future.

Hate the Chargers but feel for their fans. There's no NHL or NBA, and now there's no NFL. All that's left is the Padres, and they aren't exactly anything to write home about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->