OT: Other Sports aka where we pretend to know Vance Joseph's ability as a HC Thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
ravnes fans seem very high on ricky wagner, their RT.. upcoming UFA, just turned 27..

i haven't been mightily impressed but some ravens fans seem willing to give him the mitchell schwartz deal. who is a top 5 RT imo. i think ravnes fans are of the type that could overrate their own players (newsome, rely heavily on their drafting) but if he actually is that good, maybe another option for the broncos towards fixing the line if he hits the market. though they should have more than enough cap space ro re-sign him and if he actually is that good, he's probably a priority for them.

I've always thought the Ravens line was underrated.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I've always thought the Ravens line was underrated.

well they hate their center and LG... or RG.. i think yanda played a lot on LG this season. count them among the 20+ teams whose fans think their line isn't good enough and needs upgrade ASAP.

but they seem mostly set if wagner stays. they drafted alex lewis last year and seem to like him quite a bit, would probably play at LG, though i think he was tackle at college. only missing piece would be center.

and if they like that lewis kid on the outside, they might let wagner walk. though ravens have let lot of their own, homegrown talent walk in recent years so even the king of compensation picks might be weary of that.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I love Kubiak and all, but the Broncos really screwed the pooch by hiring him and letting Gase out the door. That guy is a really good coach who understands how the game is played right now.

He took a mediocre Dolphins team to the playoffs and actually made Tannehill look like a NFL QB.

I really hope we stay away from Vance, he is not a good coach and I think if he comes here it means bye bye Wade Phillips. And I don't think you want to do that to this team.

I could live with Shanahan, but at the same time I just feel like that would just be another hire from within situation. I think it's finally time to fully break free of the Mike Shanahan coaching tree. I think some new blood and ideas around here would be a good thing. But don't go overboard like when McDaniels came in, don't give the new guy full power, just coaching responsibilities.

**** I'd personally like to see us go off the board and bring in maybe some college coaches for an minimum an interview. David Shaw would be interesting, Dabo Swinney would be awesome, even a guy like Bob Stoops. I know that college guys haven't always done the best at the NFL level, but I personally think that there are some top end guys at the college level that could have major success at the NFL level , you don't have to be a NFL assistant to be a good NFL coach.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
They made a mistake hiring Kubiak? Are you nuts?

The job he did managing the Peyton/Brock situation is why we won the Super Bowl. This year didn't work out like we hoped but I wouldn't change the Kubiak hire for the world, because I don't believe for a second that Gase would have navigated us through that home stretch of the regular season and playoff run.

Not to mention there's no guarantee Wade would have come to work for Gase. He had a longstanding relationship with Kubiak.

Anyway, Mammoth home opener tonight. I'll be there.

They won their first game in Buffalo last week. Playing the Vancouver Stealth at 7:00

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
They made a mistake hiring Kubiak? Are you nuts?

The job he did managing the Peyton/Brock situation is why we won the Super Bowl. This year didn't work out like we hoped but I wouldn't change the Kubiak hire for the world, because I don't believe for a second that Gase would have navigated us through that home stretch of the regular season and playoff run.

Not to mention there's no guarantee Wade would have come to work for Gase. He had a longstanding relationship with Kubiak.

Anyway, Mammoth home opener tonight. I'll be there.

They won their first game in Buffalo last week. Playing the Vancouver Stealth at 7:00

Lol! I agree with you here. Anytime you win a Superbowl you made the right decisions.

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
wow that's incredibly difficult to read hungover on a Sunday morning.

Too many scenarios and what-ifs. Gives me a headache :)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Eli's receivers clearly don't feel like scoring any TDs until it's time for Eli magic, apparently, but otherwise; so far so good.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No reason to believe anyone in the NFC is stopping the Packers en route to the Super Bowl. Now the question is, do they play New England or Pittsburgh?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
No reason to believe anyone in the NFC is stopping the Packers en route to the Super Bowl. Now the question is, do they play New England or Pittsburgh?

i disagree. their LBs and CBs can be exposed. i think cowboys would be favorites in that game. wouldn't count out the seahawks either, though i wouldn't have them as favorites.

Last edited:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Atlanta is the one team I have trouble getting a grip on. Can't figure out if they're for real or not.

Packers defense can be had though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad