Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Jeff Fisher has to be the most overrated antique coach ever. Being paid 7 million a year, to set offensive football back 20 years.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Even with two years of training, it's not the same as being in an actual MMA competition. He's no beast or natural athlete like Brock Lesnar (who at the very least had a background as a nationally decorated collegiate wrestler).

He really had no business of being in an octagon. If he was serious about pursuing a career in the UFC, he would've built himself up and taken a few fights in to save himself of being embarrassed at such a huge stage. People are giving him props for having the courage to do this, but I'd say any random person would accept the same salary to step in and tap out within a minute or two.

Right? Anyone of us would take the money and do the same thing so he should get props for barely being competitive? No. He was an embarrassment to MMA and it was an embarrassment seeing him try to fight in the octagon. We have to keep in mind that Punk wasn't in there fighting some seasoned veteran or gateway fighter. Gall has 3 pro fights and is only a brown belt in BJJ.

Did you guys watch the UFC embedded videos? There was one that is supposed to be a planned grappling session but it ends up being an interview and autograph session instead. I thought that was pretty telling of how hard he was training for his fight. In Punk's defense though, he was injured for some of the two years... but still, two years and he was still a BJJ white belt? That's just not good.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
...and YOU conveniently left out the fact that they were Cleveland Rams before LA.

See, it is all in how you spin it.

Cheers.

Not many remember a team from 1936 that folded after 7 years. Folding is one thing, being moved for a money grab which Georgia did is another.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Pretty much.

CsSF1sFVYAANVD_.jpg:large

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Jeff Fisher has to be the most overrated antique coach ever. Being paid 7 million a year, to set offensive football back 20 years.

He's absolutely garbage. And I hear they're talking about an extension. GTFOH! Shocked this guy still has a job!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Goff might as well start next week. No point in playing Keenum. He has no future here. 0 TDs in two games is just inexcusable.

2 games in and I'm still not sure if the first drive counted as getting into the redzone for the first time this season. And again, 4 dropped balls on 3rd down during important drives. I'll take the win , but score a damn touchdown for once. :shakehead

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Goff might as well start next week. No point in playing Keenum. He has no future here. 0 TDs in two games is just inexcusable.

Mortgaged the future for this guy. My goodness he better be better then average. I'll take an Alex Smith at this point or else the Rams are gonna suck for the next millennium. Just imagine if Carson Wentz beats the Bears tomorrow and has another stellar performance. :cry:

Hockey Gangsta

Feb 9, 2013
Jacoby Brissett is going to start a game before Jared Goff. Seriously, can Goff really be worse than Case Keenum?

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Jacoby Brissett is going to start a game before Jared Goff. Seriously, can Goff really be worse than Case Keenum?

They have no deep threat, so the secondary just has to play medium range, and aside from being quite boring to watch, it also kills Gurley trying to get a running game going.

The last 2 games has been some of the worst football I've ever seen.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Goff can't read defenses, he has the same problems Sam Bradford had.

All the physical tools are there, except the mental part is not.

Goff has to sit and watch, probably a whole year, which they should have done with Bradford.

Carson Wentz can read a defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad