Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I really didn't think the Dodgers had a shot at the division this year, but here they are magic number 5 with a 6 game lead.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Certainly helps that every other team in the NL West has performed terribly. My main concern is what happens if they meet the Cards or Cubs in the playoffs. Dodgers pitching and hitting tends to lay an egg once they get to the playoffs.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
s. Dodgers ..... tend to lay an egg once they get to the playoffs.

been there done that. waaaaay too many times recently.

doesn't really matter who they play. Good pitching is supposed to beat good hitting in the POs (or any time really),..... but the Dodgers seem to be the exception to this rule

wait a minute - I think I got it now!! - I guess the other PO team has been getting the better pitching... :shakehead

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Certainly helps that every other team in the NL West has performed terribly. My main concern is what happens if they meet the Cards or Cubs in the playoffs. Dodgers pitching and hitting tends to lay an egg once they get to the playoffs.

Dave Roberts seems to be the x-factor. Those previous runs had questionable manager decisions in key moments.(Like leaving Kershaw in when it's clear he's out of gas). In those previous runs the Dodgers had offense issues all season that just followed them into the post season. Offense seems to not be the issue this go around, so we'll see I guess.

Not getting my hopes up, but it'd be nice to see them put it together finally.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
As glad as I am that Mattingly's gone, the bullpen last year was absolute garbage so I'm not sure that taking Kershaw out in that game would've helped us much.

The bullpen this year is night and day from last year's and one of the reasons I believe the Dodgers can go deep.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Hey, Doyer fans, one blunt favor: make sure no riots would happen four years later, should the Doyers win the World Series. The last time the Doyers did win, the L.A. Riots did happen four years later.

That's all I ask.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Hey, Doyer fans, help me fill in the blank.

"I find it ________ Mike Piazza's Hall of Fame induction as a Met became the Doyers' bulletin board material of the 2016 MLB season."

Just giving out proof I'm not making **** up:

PiazzaHOF.jpg

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
You said the Dodgers were using it as bulletin board material, but I haven't seen anything about them giving a rip about his induction or his speech.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I don't think any of the current Dodger players gave two ***** about Piazza's speech. You are just one weird individual.

Last edited by a moderator:

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I don't think any of the current Dodger players gave two ***** about Piazza's speech. You are just one weird individual.

Oh, you have no idea how personal my beef is with my dad's side of my family in the Bay Area. :shakehead

Sure, I do admit I have my own style of trolling, but outside of the NFL, I am rather:

--neutral about the Dodgers/Giants rivalry, especially when this rivalry is all about balance; in contrast to Red Sox-Yankees, that's a whole lot more lopsided.

--dislike the Warriors, because their fans are acting like the NBA run The SF Bay Area (no, the NBA doesn't, because that's a bonafide legit NFL market that actually capitalized on Georgia Frontiere's mistakes; even the NFL is more eager to revive the 49ers/Cowboys rivalry than see the Packers, let alone any other small-market team, commandeer the NFL, and this coming from a Packers fan.

FYI, I previously lived there for two years, so I can confirm.)

--even my own biological father, let alone my entire paternal clan, was extremely PISSED at me since and because of Game 4, April 24, 2014. Even my own sister, a UC Berkeley graduate, is salty at me for the reverse sweep, to the point she personally introduced me to her Sharks boyfriend. The biggest one, by far, was when one of my favorite Japanese singers, the late Koji Wada, passed away this past April of this year and get this: his death was officially announced on 04/08/2016; 408 is the area code of San Jose, California.

I find it extremely pathetic for someone to believe a liar who's a actually New York Rangers/San Jose Sharks fan whose attempted extortion attempt thankfully failed and attack a fellow LA Kings fan, to the point of attempted assassination. Never mind even a Chinese reporter bought into the extortionist's lies, to the point the reporter even snitched on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad