Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
How many games into this season before a sharp decline in attendance at Rams games?

Depends on how good the offense will be. If the Rams are the same as last season (highly likely with Fisher) people will get bored of the team real quick.

If the Rams don't make the playoff's, I would bet Fisher is fired, maybe Snead as well.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
As of now, the top 3 fan bases that are really out to get the Rams are St. Louis fans, LA Raider fans, and Niner fans.

1) St. Louis fans: can't really blame them for being bitter and wishing the team would lose every game.

2) LA Raider fans: I had to be specific and say "LA." Raider fans in LA are just envious of Rams fans that their team is actually an LA team while they're still rooting for a Bay Area team so they'll just hate on the Rams for that reason.

3) Niner fans: I guess it's natural since it's LA-SF. But I haven't felt the rivalry yet and both teams being projected to have sub-.500 records isn't gonna help (and probably for a couple of more years).

Hockey Gangsta

Feb 9, 2013
I'm sorry, but I just can't get myself to be a Rams fan. I tried, but its just not meant to be. I shouldn't have to force myself to be a fan of a team just because they're in LA now. I really do hope the Rams succeed here in LA, but I'm going to sit around and hope that the silver and black comes back.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Depends on how good the offense will be. If the Rams are the same as last season (highly likely with Fisher) people will get bored of the team real quick.

If the Rams don't make the playoff's, I would bet Fisher is fired, maybe Snead as well.

I'm more concerned with the violence in the stands. Already videos surfacing of all out brawls at the first game. People from suburbia will not bring their families to the Coliseum, a place that was notorious for fan violence 20 + years ago and it will be worse now unless the place is crawling with police. Just not a good environment. Then factor in a team nobody wanted that has already left and they are not a good football team. People don't support losing teams here, I'm thinking this thing falls apart quickly and this is just an observation, I don't care one way or the other about the Rams.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I'm sorry, but I just can't get myself to be a Rams fan. I tried, but its just not meant to be. I shouldn't have to force myself to be a fan of a team just because they're in LA now. I really do hope the Rams succeed here in LA, but I'm going to sit around and hope that the silver and black comes back.

Same with me, especially when the Rams did not introduce me to the NFL. The NFC Holy Trinity of the Cowboys, 49ers, and Packers did introduce me so.

On the AFC side, the only reason why I jumped into the Steelers bandwagon in 2005 was because of Tommy Maddox. :naughty:

maddox.jpg

Hockey Gangsta

Feb 9, 2013
I'm more concerned with the violence in the stands. Already videos surfacing of all out brawls at the first game. People from suburbia will not bring their families to the Coliseum, a place that was notorious for fan violence 20 + years ago and it will be worse now unless the place is crawling with police. Just not a good environment. Then factor in a team nobody wanted that has already left and they are not a good football team. People don't support losing teams here, I'm thinking this thing falls apart quickly and this is just an observation, I don't care one way or the other about the Rams.

If it does fall apart, the hype will build back up once the new stadium is built. Hopefully they share it with the Raiders. :naughty:

Same with me, especially when the Rams did not introduce me to the NFL. The NFC Holy Trinity of the Cowboys, 49ers, and Packers did introduce me so.

On the AFC side, the only reason why I jumped into the Steelers bandwagon in 2005 was because of Tommy Maddox. :naughty:

maddox.jpg

I do like that the Rams are in the NFC. That's probably the only thing that I got myself to like about them. Oh, and Todd Gurley of course.

**** THE STEELERS.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'm still a 49ers fan, but if the 49ers win more than 3 games this season I'll be shocked. I don't dislike the Rams though and am kinda excited about them being local again. So maybe make them a 1b.. but still pull for the 49ers against them.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

I think you're overreacting. It's the same area where rich white people send their kids to school. Did the suburban fans refuse to support the Kings because they were based in the 'hood?

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I'm sorry, but I just can't get myself to be a Rams fan. I tried, but its just not meant to be. I shouldn't have to force myself to be a fan of a team just because they're in LA now.

Well, you gave it one preseason game. We can't say you didn't try.

For the first 15 years after the Rams left, I would say I would welcome any team to L.A. except the Raiders. Well, since then I amended my stance that I would even welcome the Raiders. Bring in ANYONE - and it worked out great for me in that the Rams finally came back.

No football for 20+ years was just too boring.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Another vicious brawl in the stands of the Rams game goes viral. What comes first? Rams home win or a death in the stands?

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Hmm, just checked the Rams' schedule and saw they'll host ATL, CAR, BUF, & MIA; the entire NFC West is facing the NFC South and AFC East this year.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Brawls are fun. Stop being so soft.

Too bad the Rams will be on the road at Oakland and at Denver in 2018, according to FBSchedules.com.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams.php

Paging HockeyGangsta, Rams will visit Pittsburgh in 3 years. :popcorn:

Looking at the 2018 NFL Schedule, the one I am most interested at would be vs 49ers and vs Packers. Too bad the Rams get to host the 2 less intense teams of the AFC West in the Chargers and the Chiefs. :shakehead

Pop Quiz: which NFL franchise won the concurrently 1st and only Super Bowl FOR L.A.? :naughty:

Hockey Gangsta

Feb 9, 2013
Too bad the Rams will be on the road at Oakland and at Denver in 2018, according to FBSchedules.com.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams.php

Paging HockeyGangsta, Rams will visit Pittsburgh in 3 years. :popcorn:

Looking at the 2018 NFL Schedule, the one I am most interested at would be vs 49ers and vs Packers. Too bad the Rams get to host the 2 less intense teams of the AFC West in the Chargers and the Chiefs. :shakehead

Pop Quiz: which NFL franchise won the concurrently 1st and only Super Bowl FOR L.A.? :naughty:

The 1983 Los Angeles Raiders

The Rams @ Raiders game in 2018 can end up being in LA. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille