Other Domestic Leagues 2019/20

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Was only able to watch the first half but it was as advertise the actual football wasn’t all that great but intense and rough. The game was also delayed of confetti lol.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Dont know if its the right place.
Didnt see a thread and i didnt see people talking about it here either.

So in Mexico (Liga MX), Some Veracruz players and staff arent getting paid. Players were threatening to strike and The most of the league, agreed to back them up In solidarity. Going as far as stopping the season/lockout. (this is the players. most coaches and owners wanted keep going)
With Friday (Oct 18th) match in doubt, Veracruz players decided(forced?) to play the game anyways. BUT they said they were gonna have 'a protest during the match'. Which again other players around the league are backing up.

So the match starts and they have the protest.
in where Veracruz just stood there, including the bench, not doing anything....
But Tigres, instead of protesting with them. literally go after the ball and score 2 goals in 4 minutes. huhuh

(you can watch the begining(protest and first 2 goals.) its a review of the match in spanish.)

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
River vs Boca is a super derby, out of this world atmosphere but most of the time the games are super boring. Gremio x Flamengo probably gonna be a much better game as both sides play attractive football. I'm expecting River vs Flamengo which would be a super final.

Flamengo has been pretty dominant since Jorge Jesus took over. Should've won at Gremio in the first leg, but two goals called back by VAR and numerous scoring chances missed.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Good call. Flamengo won 5-0.

I read the final will be played in Santiago but if these riots continue surely it will be moved somewhere else?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I kinda hope for it, maybe if another fiasco happens Conmebol would stop trying to ruin the tournament turning it into a UCL copy cat. One game final sucks... South America isn't like Europe that you can travel the whole continent without expending much money or time.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Surreal goal in the Croatian league. Slaven Belupo players thought they had an equalizer when one of their players lobbed the keeper, while running back the keeper managed to palm the ball away off the post but he crashed into the net so the Slaven players assumed they scored and the majority celebrated, with the goalkeeper running to the bench. With no goal called, the Hajduk players continued to play and scored on an empty net :D The Slaven manager after the game says the sun blocked their vision and they saw the net being hit so they thought a goal was scored, though looking at the replay the two most forward players definitely knew it wasn't a goal as they pressed

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I know PSV got an early red card but it's quite staggering how they're being dismantled by AZ

Surreal goal in the Croatian league. Slaven Belupo players thought they had an equalizer when one of their players lobbed the keeper, while running back the keeper managed to palm the ball away off the post but he crashed into the net so the Slaven players assumed they scored and the majority celebrated, with the goalkeeper running to the bench. With no goal called, the Hajduk players continued to play and scored on an empty net :D The Slaven manager after the game says the sun blocked their vision and they saw the net being hit so they thought a goal was scored, though looking at the replay the two most forward players definitely knew it wasn't a goal as they pressed

Hajduk are top of the league? :D

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hajduk are top of the league? :D

Temporarily as Dinamo have two games in hand. Hajduk’s away form is not good enough. The expectation is 2nd place which next season is a CL qualifying spot and a more easier route to the EL (no chance any Croatian runner-up qualifies for the CL). They are aided that Rijeka don’t look strong this season

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Swedish league going into the last game on Saturday. Djurgården play Norrköping away who I think have 8 straight home wins and 22-2 goal difference in those games. Malmö play Örebro (9th) away and Hammarby play Häcken (6th) at home.

ucrq3m5m8cv31.jpg

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

The goal never should've happened as Posavec should've been sent off earlier for handbaling outside of the box.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Swedish league going into the last game on Saturday. Djurgården play Norrköping away who I think have 8 straight home wins and 22-2 goal difference in those games. Malmö play Örebro (9th) away and Hammarby play Häcken (6th) at home.

ucrq3m5m8cv31.jpg

What's the tiebreaker if two (or three :D) teams finish on 65pts?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
It was an interesting weekend in the Eredivisie:
  • Ajax dominated Feyenoord 4-0. Veltman and Blind were awesome. Ajax now ahead of AZ and PSV by 6 in the standings.
  • It meant the end of Jaap Stam as Feyenoord's coach. He quit.
  • Advocaat, Koeman, Kuijt being mentioned as his replacement, though I think it's the squad who needs a quality injection instead of a coaching change.
  • AZ dominated an injured riddled PSV. Boadu with a brace, but he could've scored 4 or 5. He also scored midweek in the EL. Stengs assisted twice after scoring and assisting in the EL as well. Both are on fire. I feel Boadu might be better than Malen whereas Stengs might be the best forward of the Netherlands already.

Reactions: Pouchkine

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It was an interesting weekend in the Eredivisie:
  • Ajax dominated Feyenoord 4-0. Veltman and Blind were awesome. Ajax now ahead of AZ and PSV by 6 in the standings.
  • It meant the end of Jaap Stam as Feyenoord's coach. He quit.
  • Advocaat, Koeman, Kuijt being mentioned as his replacement, though I think it's the squad who needs a quality injection instead of a coaching change.
  • AZ dominated an injured riddled PSV. Boadu with a brace, but he could've scored 4 or 5. He also scored midweek in the EL. Stengs assisted twice after scoring and assisting in the EL as well. Both are on fire. I feel Boadu might be better than Malen whereas Stengs might be the best forward of the Netherlands already.

Credit to Stam for resigning. I feel as though some managers stick it out to be paid, and maybe Stam was given some sort of compensation, but it sounds like he knew the results weren't there.

I'm guessing that PSV red card didn't help their cause either. Anyway, looks like Ajax might be able to repeat for the first time in a little while.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinez goes down with an injury and Ajax almost give up a 3 goal lead... shows how important he is to them

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
After ~60 minutes:
Norrköping - Djurgården 2-1
Örebro - Malmö 0-4
Hammarby - Häcken 1-1

Hammarby must score 5 more goals, I think, to be ahead of Malmö, so they're definitely out of the race. Djurgården are just looking for that 2-2 goal, which is all they need to win the title.

~65: Djurgården equalize!

~77: A Norrköping player gets his second yellow.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad