Other Domestic Leagues 2019/20

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Stengs and Boadu at it again. Whatever team is interested should really buy them as a package deal.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Stengs in particular was dominant. Can't believe he still hasn't been selected for Oranje yet. I might even start him alongside Malen and Depay. He's better than Bergwijn.

Reactions: YNWA14

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ajax beat lowly Fortuna 5-0 while resting key players (Ziyech, Martinez). Quincy Promes scored a hattrick, albeit not a pretty one. He seems to be getting into form rapidly. Will be interesting to see how Ten Hag will try to fit Neres, Tadic, Ziyech, Promes and van de Beek into the lineup now that van de Beek is fully healthy.
Is Martinez going back to CB now that De beek is healthy?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Is Martinez going back to CB now that De beek is healthy?

No. Martinez will likely finish out the season as a #6. Neres will likely be rotated with Promes now that van de Beek is healthy:

Neres/Promes ------------- Tadic ------------------ Ziyech
-------------------------- van de Beek ------------------------
------------------- Martinez ----- Alvarez -------------------

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No. Martinez will likely finish out the season as a #6. Neres will likely be rotated with Promes now that van de Beek is healthy:

Neres/Promes ------------- Tadic ------------------ Ziyech
-------------------------- van de Beek ------------------------
------------------- Martinez ----- Alvarez -------------------
Damn that really sucks I really need him to be a CB but I’ll take an elite DM I guess. Have Perez/Romero or Foyth I’m the back for 2022

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Damn that really sucks I really need him to be a CB but I’ll take an elite DM I guess. Have Perez/Romero or Foyth I’m the back for 2022

Martinez is too good with the ball to be a CB, IMO. I think a lot of his talent is wasted there. I think he should focus on DM from now on. I think his upside is even higher now. World class for sure and I don't think he's very far off right now. I expect 50M+ offers from bigger European sides this summer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinez is too good with the ball to be a CB, IMO. I think a lot of his talent is wasted there. I think he should focus on DM from now on. I think his upside is even higher now. World class for sure and I don't think he's very far off right now. I expect 50M+ offers from bigger European sides this summer.

It's probably better for him to be a DM but not better for his NT.... Imagine thinking he's better off at LB @John Pedro :) Yeah, agreed after like week three we saw the elite talent on display. I remember saying he'd go for like 60 million or more.

Still a Hummels type defender is very enticing. He's like Hummels/Paredes/Mascherno all rolled into one.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Is there anything he can’t do?

So he’s this weeks MOTM I guess corn Valencia it will be Tagliafico’s turn.

To be fair, I didn't think he deserved MOTM this time. I thought Blind for one, was much better. Though Martinez is rarely a bad option for this one. Good to see him scoring as well now.

Ajax, PSV, AZ and Feyenoord all won rather comfortably. Both Malen and Stengs continue their hot streak. Malen now has 8 goals on the season already.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
A lot of movement again at Anderlecht. They now have fired Frank Arnesen - I don't think anyone even knew what actually his job was at Anderlecht. They have demoted "head coach" Simon Davies, he will still lead the in practices but won't have any actual managing duties anymore (he was a Kompany puppet anyway), Kompany himself will focus more on being a player than a manager, and former manager Frank Vercauteren will come in as new head coach.

River up 1-0 already clear penalty

If River wins another CL surely some European team will take a chance on Gallardo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If River wins another CL surely some European team will take a chance on Gallardo

I think it’s more of him not wanting to leave yet but after this year I don’t think he has any more proving to do. He will go to Europe probably to a team in Spain/Italy like Sevilla.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
They still might but they need to turn those draws into wins.

update:

jj-png.261559

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Donyell Malen continues his hot stretch. Now has 10 goals and 1 assist in 9 domestic games. Also 6 goals and 2 assists in 8 games in the CL/UEFA Cup (scored in his Oranje debut as well). Yet I think he still wastes some good opportunities and needs to develop other aspects of his game much better, but this is so extremely promising. PSV beat VVV 4-1.

Feyenoord lost 4-2 vs lowly Fortuna, once again proving their major inconsistency issues.
Ajax beat ADO 2-0, but it was ugly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nehuén Perez named defender of the month for September in the Primeira liga. His team and his ply have been a revelation.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Swedish league right now. 30 game season. Djurgården with one less played has a tough away game tomorrow against IFK Göteborg

OtAuOP8.png

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Malmö play AIK in the next game. Hammarby beat Malmö today to tighten it up.

Hammarby:
Östersund away
Häcken home

Malmö FF:
AIK home
Örebro away

Djurgården:
IFK Göteborg away
Örebro home
IFK Norrköping away

AIK:
Malmö away
Sundsvall home

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Keep us posted :thumbu:

I was checking some of the other nordic leagues since they're almost finished at this time. Looks like Molde are well on their way to the title in Norway, after two straight years of finishing runners-up to Rosenborg who are in 4th place.
Finland have a new champion as well, HJK won 8 of the last 10 titles but are a non-factor this year. Inter Turku had a chance to clinch the title at home yesterday with a win against league leaders Kuopio who they trailed by 2 points but lost 2-0 which means Kuopio won their first championship in 43 years.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
We (Djurgården) somehow got away with 3 point

3 points clear with two to go but can't afford to lose one due to goal difference.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->