Other Domestic Leagues 2019/20

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I'm not sure I've ever seen a game where neither team made a single substitution.

Happened today in Russia, Lokomotiv-Ufa game.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Insane game between Krasnodar and Rostov.

Down 0-2, Krasnodar scores at 93rd and 94th minutes to earn the draw.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lisandro Martinez scores a header @John Pedro Lool

kid can do it all. Best part of that goal was Tagliafico’s confusion with his hands out. I’m certain he taught him how to nab those. Anyway call his ass up to the NT. Boy is ready to start.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
do you prefer him at midfield or CB for the NT?
For sure centre back, mainly because the position is being occupied by idiots at the moment. I think he can be elite in both positions tho. For 2022 I’d like to see a lineup like this.
————Lautaro
Zaracho-messi-Lo celso
Palacios-Ascacibar
Tag-Martinez-Perez/Romero-foyth
Pylon

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
For sure centre back, mainly because the position is being occupied by idiots at the moment. I think he can be elite in both positions tho. For 2022 I’d like to see a lineup like this.
————Lautaro
Zaracho-messi-Lo celso
Palacios-Ascacibar
Tag-Martinez-Perez/Romero-foyth
Pylon

I feel like Thiago Almada will be ready to play in that Zaracho spot by 2022. It will depend on his next step, a cameo in the Eredivise or Liga NOS could be vital to his development. Hope he doesn't join City as rumored, although City would probably loan him to Sporting Lisboa so he would get playing time.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I watched first 20-25 minutes or so of Ajax-Utrecht which put the #1 ranked team in the Eredivisie against #4 and honestly it could have been 7-0 by the time I stopped watching. The gap between Ajax and everyone else is so huge

PSV lost again today, they are winless in 6 games, they've lost 4 of those including some heavy defeats, I wonder how long until Bommel gets fired

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I feel like Thiago Almada will be ready to play in that Zaracho spot by 2022. It will depend on his next step, a cameo in the Eredivise or Liga NOS could be vital to his development. Hope he doesn't join City as rumored, although City would probably loan him to Sporting Lisboa so he would get playing time.

I seem to remember asking you about him and Pedro... I gather you watch him now? He’s pretty hyped up for sure so, we will see. Regardless 2022 should look good for them. If they don’t piss it away. Big if.

Reactions: John Pedro

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I watched first 20-25 minutes or so of Ajax-Utrecht which put the #1 ranked team in the Eredivisie against #4 and honestly it could have been 7-0 by the time I stopped watching. The gap between Ajax and everyone else is so huge

PSV lost again today, they are winless in 6 games, they've lost 4 of those including some heavy defeats, I wonder how long until Bommel gets fired

Ajax played well the first half, though. They don’t always reach that level. It will be a different game in De Galgenwaard. Utrecht is a strong side.

PSV and Feyenoord are a mess right now. AZ is impressing. Won again and again it is the same recipe: Boadu, Stengs with goals and Koopmeiners already converted his 9th penalty of the season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Jonathan David scores again. He's having such an impressive season for a 19 year old. He's so good at finding open spaces to run into and his composure in front of goal is so advanced for his age.

For perspective Osimhen, who's doing quite well in L1 now, last year had 12 goals and 3 assists in 25 league games last season in the Belgian league (before playoffs) and David already has 8 goals and 4 assists in 14 games. At his current rate he may end up nearly doubling Osimhen's production at the same age. Really impressive stuff, and obviously they are different players so it's not necessarily an indication of future success in another league but I just can't see him not doing at least decently on an offensive team with his workrate, intelligence and composure.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Yeah that was sick :D

Jonathan David scores again. He's having such an impressive season for a 19 year old. He's so good at finding open spaces to run into and his composure in front of goal is so advanced for his age.

For perspective Osimhen, who's doing quite well in L1 now, last year had 12 goals and 3 assists in 25 league games last season in the Belgian league (before playoffs) and David already has 8 goals and 4 assists in 14 games. At his current rate he may end up nearly doubling Osimhen's production at the same age. Really impressive stuff, and obviously they are different players so it's not necessarily an indication of future success in another league but I just can't see him not doing at least decently on an offensive team with his workrate, intelligence and composure.

For more perspective: Osimhen played as a lone striker on a very defensive minded, counter attacking team. I think his stats were pretty impressive for such a young striker within that system.

David plays on high-pressuring, attacking minded team with 2 big, strong strikers in front of him which leaves him all sorts of space to do his thing. He's basically in an ideal situation for a young player with his skillset.

Now I'm not saying one is better than the other, in fact I think if you'd partner them they'd be a lethal combo :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->