OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
so many questions on Ellis exit - 1) Will Elway take that role, 2) Will Brittney take that role 3) Did the NFL intervene here (there are substantial fines in place) 4) Will team be sold?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The way I understand it (Which could be very wrong because there's too many conflicting stories) Brittney doesn't currently meet all the requirements to take over the team and would need need permission from all 7 of the Bowlen siblings to get that control. The requirements are that the child has to be an "age of financial maturity" (40 in this case since that's the age Bowlen was when he took control of the Broncos), five years of senior management experience, a bachelor’s degree, along with a master of business administration and a “Juridical Doctorate” law degree. So the likelihood of the team being sold is very likely.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I don't think it's all encompassing but yeah this is a bit crazy.....I find it odd that I don't think Elway has any of these things btw.....From the Denver Post.....

According to multiple NFL sources, the three trustees sent Bowlen’s children and wife Annabel a lengthy blueprint in February 2015 that included a list of requisites, in addition to a shortlist of responsibilities, for whomever will be the next controlling owner. The trustees informed Bowlen’s family that the bulleted items did not constitute a checklist and, if met, would not guarantee one would become controlling owner/CEO. The trustees would retain control, and any change in that structure would be at their discretion and require the approval of the league and 31 other NFL team owners.
That list includes multiple subjective items, such as leadership and integrity and sound judgment. But it also includes more specific requirements, such as bachelor’s degree, paired with an MBA, J.D. or other advanced business-related degree. It also mandates at least five years of senior management experience with the league, team or Stadium Management Company, the group that operates the Broncos’ soon-to-be-renamed stadium. It does not, however, specify which job titles are considered senior management.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So rumors are swirling that Deshaun Watson wants out from the Texans. If this is the case the Broncos have to do whatever it takes to make it happen. I'm biased as I'm a Clemson fan, have been for 30+ years, but Watson is top tier. Honestly I'd almost take Watson over Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence has slightly more skill, but Deshaun has slightly higher compete level.

He is the type of QB that can actually compete with Mahomes. Which is something the Broncos have to be able to do if they ever want to go anywhere.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The way I understand it (Which could be very wrong because there's too many conflicting stories) Brittney doesn't currently meet all the requirements to take over the team and would need need permission from all 7 of the Bowlen siblings to get that control. The requirements are that the child has to be an "age of financial maturity" (40 in this case since that's the age Bowlen was when he took control of the Broncos), five years of senior management experience, a bachelor’s degree, along with a master of business administration and a “Juridical Doctorate” law degree. So the likelihood of the team being sold is very likely.

Funny--Beth Bowlen reportedly met most, if not all of those requirements, but Ellis and the rest of that shifty "Trust" know she doesn't like them, so they've effectively barred her from taking over.

Mind you, I've no idea if either Bowlen daughter is any good at running and NFL franchise, all I know is that Ellis isn't.

Reactions: sethro109

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
There are many choices, just search Deshaun Watson trade rumors on google. but here is one:

Will Deshaun Watson ask for a trade? - ProFootballTalk

He hasn't officially asked but it sounds like it might be a real possibility.
Houston just brought in and made that Patriots exec the 3rd highest paid GM in football. He's not trading Deshaun Watson regardless of if Watson asks for one. And Watson is likely to give this guy a chance, too, before asking out.

Reactions: Breakers

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Seriously, how many more disasters need to take place before the idiots who run these teams realize that the Belichick thing only works for Belichick...and really it only worked for HIM so long as he had a generational talent behind center?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

Imagine having a top 5 QB in the league and pissing him off.

Oh wait, I'm a Rockies fan so I know what that feels like

Reactions: chet1926

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Yep...not nearly enough is said about how utterly incompetent an owner McNair is. He makes Jerry Jones and Drayton McLane look like geniuses.

Watson is an extraordinarily smart player. If there's any chance whatsoever of the Broncos snagging him, they better f***ing do it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I dunno - I am reading that Watson wanted to be part of the hiring process for the General Manager of the team? That's a little over the top......Head Coach hire? Sure...get his feedback.....but a GM is a little crazy.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I dunno - I am reading that Watson wanted to be part of the hiring process for the General Manager of the team? That's a little over the top......Head Coach hire? Sure...get his feedback.....but a GM is a little crazy.
That's just an excuse to jump off the sinking ship. I don't think he's serious about wanting to be involved with the GM hire.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Perhaps he wanted to sit in on the meetings with potential GM's and ask them one question:

"Would you trade DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson?"

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

These New England guys really know how to go places and run quality Qbs out of town. See McDaniels and Jay Cutler.

When will the league learn, stay clear of anything New England.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah thats the first thing I thought of too Chet when people say he might get traded

I think it's a little hilarious that they bring in BOB and he tries to implement the "Patriot Way".....it turns into a freaking disaster.....and so they fire BOB and basically have tunnel vision to hire the current Pats GM......

The only icing on the cake will be if the new Pats GM goes out and brings in McDaniels.....that's so entirely possible...and then if Watson is traded? Deja Vu.....crazy Deja Vu.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
"If the Texans were to trade Watson, they would have to absorb a salary-cap charge of $22 million."

just caught this in an article today - Watson's probably not goin anywhere. That Texans situation is getting miserable though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol @ the Texans owner. "I reached out to Deshaun about the hire and will wait until he gets back to me when his vacation is over."

If Deshaun Watson wanted to speak to you about that, he would have spoken to you about that.

Dude is pissed lol.

I don't think there's any chance he goes somewhere this coming season, but after that? Who knows. Especially if the Texans suck again and J.J. Watt continues his decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce