OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Lamar can’t throw... but man trying to stop that man is near impossible. He has to be the best athlete in the NFL.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Whew best athlete in the NFL? That’s a crazy debate. I respect a lot of guys that are bigger like Aaron Donald that can move around like they do.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Whew best athlete in the NFL? That’s a crazy debate. I respect a lot of guys that are bigger like Aaron Donald that can move around like they do.
That’s valid. I just think the way he can move at as fast as he can is incredibly impressive.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah I think Lamar is in that discussion for sure on best athlete. I’d actually put Josh Allen in there too. Aaron Donald, Mike Evans, DK Metcalf, the Jets rookie LT (Becton?), and Myles Garrett all come to my mind pretty quick too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
****ing hell Mitchell Trubisky is a downright pathetic excuse for a QB lol.

That guy is probably playing his final career game in Chicago, and probably his final game ever as a full-time starter for an NFL team. Backup status for life incoming.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I think Lamar is in that discussion for sure on best athlete. I’d actually put Josh Allen in there too. Aaron Donald, Mike Evans, DK Metcalf, the Jets rookie LT (Becton?), and Myles Garrett all come to my mind pretty quick too.
Yup definitely. There's a lotttt of really good athletes in the league right now. Not now but I think peak Gronk may be one of the best athletes in recent memory.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Bama last year had Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith and Waddle at receiver lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

That guy is probably playing his final career game in Chicago, and probably his final game ever as a full-time starter for an NFL team. Backup status for life incoming.
There are worse jobs.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Scary part is the Broncos are seriously considering the guy who was instrumental in not only drafting him, but trading up with a team that had no intention of drafting him as our next GM. I really hope that we pass on Champ Kelly. Not sure what anyone sees in him, not like Chicago is some powerhouse team that drafts well and is constantly bringing in big time UFAs. Not exactly the franchise I want to be modeling.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I really hope that we pass on Champ Kelly. Not sure what anyone sees in him

iu

I see Jerome Bettis

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So its official, got the minnesota guy

I wonder what he thinks of Drew Lock

we should know very quickly.
My initial guess/gut feeling would be see ya later Drew Lock. Paton is buddies with Shurmur, and I get the feeling Shurmur hates Lock.

So I'd venture to guess we are back in the qb market. Which IMO is a mistake, were not getting Watson or Lawrence only true upgrades out there. So we'll basically be back to square 1, developmental qb prospect and maybe a mediocre veteran to start for a year while it draft pick develops.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I actually feel like this hire has a lot to do with Gary Kubiak.

- Broncos had Kubes working on player personnel and scouting when he took that break from coaching
- Kubes is the assistant head coach and OC of the Vikings (probably going to retire though in the next week). You know Elway likely talked to Gary about this
- If Gary retired from his current position (which is rumored), could he work for Paton in some limited capacity? That's just my own brainstorming...
- I think Elway still highly values Gary's scouting and talent evaluation and if Paton/Kubiak worked together in Minnesota (very likely), then he probably came off as a great interview with the Broncos. Hell Kubiak probably even advised him on how to interview and what the Broncos would be looking for.

I think Paton mostly got this on his own credentials but I am sure he was given a reference and advice from Gary....and I think Elway respects Gary's insight on talent evaluation.

(fwiw I feel like Gary is still an excellent evaluator of talent despite his offensive schemes and systems as a coach/playcaller being outdated)

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad