Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nuggets almost choked against the Suns.

Jokic had his 34th career Triple Double which moves him past Bob Cousy into sole possession of 10th all time. Fat Lever has the Nuggets record at 43. Wilt Chamberlain has the record for centers with 78.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nuggets looked absolutely dominant against the Lakers the other night. Like the Avs, they've been blowing big leads too, but so far managed to squeak by. Not in this case--they thoroughly stomped the L's.

I honestly have NO IDEA who the Lakers are beyond a handful of players, at least a couple of whom are well past their prime (Rondo, Howard). One guy they had who was halfway decent but looked more like an accountant than a basketball player apparently has the nickname "The Balding Mamba." :laugh:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
the RB free agent pool these days must be pretty thin
With one week left in the season? Yes.

So the Broncos 1st and 2nd round picks from the last draft have all performed well (Chubb being injured though), Lock earned a shot for next year and they've got a decent amount of draft capital (1st, 2nd, 3 3rds, 2 4ths, 6th, 7th and projected 5th and 2 7th comps)... could there be reason for optimism?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Not only is Larry Walker getting a serious momentum on his last year on the ballot, people are actually researching and are voting for Helton too instead of coors garbage. Walker is +11 from last year, Helton is +10 from public ballots.

Unfortunately, there's still garbage ballots like Jeter only or voting for Omar Vizquel.

Reactions: Pokecheque

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
With one week left in the season? Yes.

So the Broncos 1st and 2nd round picks from the last draft have all performed well (Chubb being injured though), Lock earned a shot for next year and they've got a decent amount of draft capital (1st, 2nd, 3 3rds, 2 4ths, 6th, 7th and projected 5th and 2 7th comps)... could there be reason for optimism?
I've been optimistic with the Broncos every off-season. Every year about this time I start thinking "No way not this year! I won't fall for this trap again." Then 2 weeks before the draft people all around start releasing their mock drafts and I fall back in the trap. Maybe one year I won't be fooled and will hopefully be pleasantly surprised and they have a good season, but I doubt it. The orange and blue Kool aid runs deep within me.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not only is Larry Walker getting a serious momentum on his last year on the ballot, people are actually researching and are voting for Helton too instead of coors garbage. Walker is +11 from last year, Helton is +10 from public ballots.

Unfortunately, there's still garbage ballots like Jeter only or voting for Omar Vizquel.

If f***ing Vizquel makes it in before Walker...

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I agree Walker should get in before little O but are you guys saying little O shouldn’t be in at all? I think they’re both worthy. Walkers just better though.
Why should Vizquel be in the hall of fame?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

pretty good defensively - I wouldn’t say he’s the best of all time but maybe top 15-20. Is that good enough to get into the hall? No idea. His offense certainly wasn’t there save maybe a few years. I could go either way on Omar being in. I think he’s an interesting candidate because he’s very borderline.

I think another interesting thing to this is that people will vote Omar in for his defense but everyone scrutinizes Walker for playing offense at Coors. I don’t hear anyone ever recalling how much of a missile Walker had in his throws from right field. That sucks because for a few years in Montreal he would make unbelievable plays.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

He's one of the best defensive short stops to ever do it. When a team has good defense up the middle (ie C, SS, CF), it's typically a good team and, at the very least, a good defensive team.

One thing that becomes very old is how every player on the Rockies is punished for playing in Denver. Honestly, when you look at that band box that the Yankees currently play in, people should also be questioning the legitimacy of their stats.

Walker had great years in Montreal and Colorado. He was only ok in St Louis. If he had played his entire career in NY, Philadelphia, or Boston, he'd be in by now.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
He's one of the best defensive short stops to ever do it. When a team has good defense up the middle (ie C, SS, CF), it's typically a good team and, at the very least, a good defensive team.

One thing that becomes very old is how every player on the Rockies is punished for playing in Denver. Honestly, when you look at that band box that the Yankees currently play in, people should also be questioning the legitimacy of their stats.

Walker had great years in Montreal and Colorado. He was only ok in St Louis. If he had played his entire career in NY, Philadelphia, or Boston, he'd be in by now.
pretty good defensively - I wouldn’t say he’s the best of all time but maybe top 15-20. Is that good enough to get into the hall? No idea. His offense certainly wasn’t there save maybe a few years. I could go either way on Omar being in. I think he’s an interesting candidate because he’s very borderline.

I think another interesting thing to this is that people will vote Omar in for his defense but everyone scrutinizes Walker for playing offense at Coors. I don’t hear anyone ever recalling how much of a missile Walker had in his throws from right field. That sucks because for a few years in Montreal he would make unbelievable plays.
Modern day Omar Vizquel is basically Jose Iglesias.

Larry Walker should be in, he's like 3rd or 4th best player on the ballot behind Bonds and Clemens. He's better than Jeter, and Jeter is gonna get close to 100%.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Boy, what the hell is it about the New Orleans Pelicans that besieges the Nuggets so badly? 0-2 against them and both contests weren't even close. I refuse to believe it's just Brandon Ingram, though Malone said he didn't have anyone to match up against him (but he didn't even try Torrey Craig, so...).

Reactions: AvsWraith

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
BTW..regarding baseball: Does anyone get tired of announcers referring to extra innings as "free baseball"? This would suggest that the people buying tickets are paying for exactly nine innings. Nothing more. Nothing less.

If a game is only 6 innings due to weather, do the announcers note that the fans are being shortchanged for a third of the game? What about the fact that the home team doesn't bat last if they're ahead after the top of the ninth? If you're going to call extra innings "free baseball", shouldn't you also highlight the fact that the fans are being shortchanged by the home team not batting in the bottom of the 9th?

And then there's this: in baseball-ese, 30-40 means a team is 10 games under .500. But .500 after 70 games would be 35-35...this would mean they're 5 games under .500, no?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Modern day Omar Vizquel is basically Jose Iglesias.

Larry Walker should be in, he's like 3rd or 4th best player on the ballot behind Bonds and Clemens. He's better than Jeter, and Jeter is gonna get close to 100%.

Yes, Iglesias would be the closest but I'd say Vizquel was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad