Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anyone watching the SEC championship game? This Turf is brutal. I don't think it was setup properly. In general I'm of the mind that all turf should be done away with. It's just too dangerous.

The weird stuff they got at Memorial Stadium is pretty well padded, it's got, like, ground-up tires in it or something. Some climates just aren't built for grass.

As for the original Astroturf, yes, that stuff is abominable. It's come a long way since then though, I'm not even sure if that's used anymore.

If they messed up the turf for a big-ticket game like that though, some heads are gonna roll. No excuse when you got THAT much money getting thrown around (and none of it going to the players) that you can't have facilities up to snuff.

Reactions: sethro109

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The weird stuff they got at Memorial Stadium is pretty well padded, it's got, like, ground-up tires in it or something. Some climates just aren't built for grass.

As for the original Astroturf, yes, that stuff is abominable. It's come a long way since then though, I'm not even sure if that's used anymore.

If they messed up the turf for a big-ticket game like that though, some heads are gonna roll. No excuse when you got THAT much money getting thrown around (and none of it going to the players) that you can't have facilities up to snuff.
I still remember The Bears tight end Miller having to retire after the turf dislocated his leg and the doctors thought they were going to have to amputate.

I would also think with today's level of technology that NFL and all major NCAA colleges could install and keep grass healthy in any climent. Something like a heated and subterranean irrigation system plus covering with tarps for rain and snow. I wouldn't know how to battle high humidity, but I bet there's a special type of dirt that'll stay dry. But I'm just spit balling/ranting because I hate turf.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still remember The Bears tight end Miller having to retire after the turf dislocated his leg and the doctors thought they were going to have to amputate.

The one that made me hate turf was that running back (Garrison Hearst?) planting his leg and then having his entire body twist around while that leg stood still. That shit absolutely freaks me the f*** out. To this day I have never, ever sat down to watch the video of former Raider Napoleon McCallum and his career-ending injury. My old man and best friend are two of the toughest people I know and both of them were pretty shook after seeing it. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic.

I would also think with today's level of technology that NFL and all major NCAA colleges could install and keep grass healthy in any climent. Something like a heated and subterranean irrigation system plus covering with tarps for rain and snow. I wouldn't know how to battle high humidity, but I bet there's a special type of dirt that'll stay dry. But I'm just spit balling/ranting because I hate turf.

It's pretty difficult to do that in fall/winter in a lot of different climates. There's no one, universal way to do it. Some facilities, like AZ, slide the grass out like a drawer from underneath the dome so it gets sun. Some places employ a retractable dome. It's interesting for sure, and I would always prefer grass to any of the crap they use as alternatives, but I understand the insane cost and logistics involved too.

Reactions: sethro109

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not that anyone cares, but with Nike taking over MLB uniform manufacturing, two major corrections have been made. The Brewers are going back full-time to their "MB" era uniforms, and the Padres are going back to brown-and-gold!

No surprise, the D-Bags still sport the very worst uniforms in all of professional sports.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't see how there's any way that the Broncos go into KC and pull off a win. However if that does, by some miracle happen. I will buy a Drew Lock jersey and start drinking that kool-aid.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't see how there's any way that the Broncos go into KC and pull off a win. However if that does, by some miracle happen. I will buy a Drew Lock jersey and start drinking that kool-aid.
A December game in Arrowhead is a potential wrecking ball to any house of cards.

We've had QBs get off to a good start before and turn into a pumpkin, but what Lock did in Houston was special. It wasn't just a bunch of screen passes to fatten up his stats, he was threading some needles and was against a playoff team on the road. He doesn't crap the bed this week and we might have something.

And the coaching staff had a orchidopexy (look it up) since the last play of the San Diego game. A two minute drill for a touchdown?! Going for the kill in the first drive after the half?! Throwing on 1st down?! What devilry is this?!:eek:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rockies opening day starter at Catcher

Login on Twitter <-- this hyperlink sucks but you get the idea.

In a less depressing news, Scott Oberg got a nice contract.

Last edited:

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Rockies "Willing To Listen" On Nolan Arenado

It's just a rumor but I wouldn't be surprised if there's any truth to this.

Third rate organization like the Rockies doesn't deserve a player like Nolan.

I am enough of a fan of Nolan to want him off the roster of this garbage organization. He is one of the best defensive third basemen ever and deserves far better than constant first 1 round exits in good years and 90 plus loss teams.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Arenado probably won’t go anywhere. The Rockies MO is get 1-2 super marketable players and lock them down forever, preach endlessly through the media about their “super” prospects, and keep the fans completely inebriated. As long as these three things are in place there’s money shaking off the trees at Coors Field. I cant wait to see how this development across the street from 20th pulls more money out of peoples pockets and actually will probably cement the Monforts hold on the club by stuffing money into little Montfort Jr.’s pockets.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Being a Broncos fan
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I thought Lock actually looked decent despite the loss. At least he’s flashing good things to come in the future. Dude really needs to learn the playbook though - he’s looking down at his wristband constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad