OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We must be really annoying the mods with our cavalier attitude towards post counts...:facepalm:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I feel like all of our mods have moved on except for Soundwave and Rock Lobster at times. We’re the renegades

Long live the pioneers
Rebels and mutineers
Go forth and have no fear
Come close the end is near

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Didn’t watch the end of the game, but yeah those jerseys........if the Nuggets somehow forgot their jerseys on the road and had to stitch something up for 10 players in two hours - that’s what they would look like. Those were awful.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I keep looking at the Giants misery and am trying to figure out if they take the Oregon QB - do they trade Eli to the Broncos or keep him around for 1/2 year. Would Peyton even advise Eli to play for Elway? Always got a feeling Peyton/Elway relationship was weird at the end.

Broncos fans likely would be upset and not see Eli as the answer but he would be a nice bridge to the next decent QB class two years away. All the signals point to this year’s QB class being pretty pathetic.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eli looks like he's completely done. I wouldn't think bringing him aboard would be a good idea at all.

I don't think there's a quick-fix out there. I'm guessing they stick with Case next year and draft/sign a QB they'll try and develop. I'm more concerned about what they do to fix the damned offensive line, whether or not they re-sign Sanders, and obviously who the hell is coaching them, because it ain't gonna be Vance.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So...okay, what's the deal with the Nuggets? I mean, is Jamal Murray not really PG material? I'm honestly asking because I know jack shit about basketball, but this team runs ridiculously hot and cold as a unit and I just can't figure it out.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I keep looking at the Giants misery and am trying to figure out if they take the Oregon QB - do they trade Eli to the Broncos or keep him around for 1/2 year. Would Peyton even advise Eli to play for Elway? Always got a feeling Peyton/Elway relationship was weird at the end.

Broncos fans likely would be upset and not see Eli as the answer but he would be a nice bridge to the next decent QB class two years away. All the signals point to this year’s QB class being pretty pathetic.
Yeah no this would be terrible. Eli looks completely done.

The Broncos need to start looking for long term solutions, instead of constant Band-Aids. At this point our wound is basically infected because we haven't properly addressed it.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

No, Eli is cooked. He’s about where Peyton was in his last season here, and that team won on defense.

The Broncos have to rebuild their team. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them trade Miller in the offseason, grab another couple of high picks, and add some real damn talent to the team. They are meh everywhere.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Ah trust me dudes - I am no Eli fan. Just suggesting Elway would bite, not me.

I honestly don’t know that we have a lot of other viable options next year, and the upcoming QB class is pretty awful. Whether it’s Case year #2 or Eli I feel like we’d get the same production

I’m just trying to figure out how they solve this QB problem. Who knows though with the draft. I remember a ton of people really questioning that Goff class and it’s not turning out badly at all.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I’m just trying to figure out how they solve this QB problem.

1) They need to use their mid-high 1st round pick on a QB.
2) Then immediately hire a QB coach with past success in developing young QBs.
3) Allow that young QB to sit and learn for one year, while Keenum runs out his contract.
4) Spend that year building the offensive line with a couple of 1st/2nd round picks (one the 1sts they'll get from trading Von Miller), and perhaps a FA signing.
5) Hire an OC who can build an offensive game plan around a young QB.

Voila! QB problem solved. :D

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
If the QB from Oregon decides not to come out, there are no QB's worth a first round pick next year that I can see. At that point you would just be reaching for someone ala Lynch and Osweiler.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
If the QB from Oregon decides not to come out, there are no QB's worth a first round pick next year that I can see. At that point you would just be reaching for someone ala Lynch and Osweiler.
Not a fan of Will Grier? I like him a lot. Honestly, could see up to 5 QBs drafted in the 1st round next year. Herbert, Grier, Lock, Jones, and Finley.

I do think there's a massive gap between Herbert and anyone else in the class because Lock has shown to be terrible against good teams (minus the Florida game)

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Not a fan of Will Grier? I like him a lot. Honestly, could see up to 5 QBs drafted in the 1st round next year. Herbert, Grier, Lock, Jones, and Finley.

I do think there's a massive gap between Herbert and anyone else in the class because Lock has shown to be terrible against good teams (minus the Florida game)

I guess I don't really know a lot about the rest of them. I just have a bad feeling picking one of those guys at #10 or so. Maybe drop back and pick up a pick. Or wait until the second round to see if anyone drops.

Of course, I'm also someone who thinks the only QB worth taking at #5 last year would have been Mayfield. In a non- QB desperate league those other guys would be mid first round at best.

TBH, and I hate to say it, I just don't trust Elway picking a QB that high.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Whoa....Derek Wolfe ain't mincing his words here.
]

Wolfe has taken multiple shots at Elway through the media. I’m honestly pretty shocked he’s still on the roster - Your post is about the third time I’ve seen him throw the org under the bus. He’s clearly unhappy here.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
A lot of the experts have claimed that the Nuggets are the next Golden State, but I just don't see it. They have some good young talent, but they are inconsistent as hell. One night, you are blown away by how good a player like Murray or Harris is, but the next two or three games, they just fall flat. They lost their fourth straight tonight, and I can see another season where they fall just short of making the playoffs...again.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A lot of the experts have claimed that the Nuggets are the next Golden State, but I just don't see it. They have some good young talent, but they are inconsistent as hell. One night, you are blown away by how good a player like Murray or Harris is, but the next two or three games, they just fall flat. They lost their fourth straight tonight, and I can see another season where they fall just short of making the playoffs...again.

Nah, I don't think, good as they are, that Harris and Blue Arrow are even close to Steph and Klay, then there's Green and Durant, and they have a coach who can put it all together on a nightly basis. The only coach I think is better than him is Pop. They have so many weapons it's almost like they toy with other teams when they start driving to the basket.

I also wonder about Jokic. Talent is there, but the inconsistency is maddening at times.

Reactions: AvsWraith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad