OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I definitely was bummed to see AFC East in our rotation for sure. Might go to the Atlanta game though. Not many great games to travel to. I guess Vegas but meh.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
My guy has an easier road to the SB now

EJChi_3WoAE7DzO-dca3f8498584926460dec605a1af6717.jpg

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Am I crazy for thinking Tom Brady just played his last game as a New England Patriot?

The media has been all over this. Adam Schefter reported it weeks ago that this is lining up to be his last season.

Kraft loves Brady like a son. And there's been talk that Tom has been taking less money than he's worth because of an understanding that Kraft would give him part ownership down the road.

But that's Kraft and Brady. Typically it would be up to Belichick whether the Pats move on from a player. Is a scenario possible where Belichick wants to move on from Brady but Kraft can't do it...and it's Belichick leaves?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The media has been all over this. Adam Schefter reported it weeks ago that this is lining up to be his last season.

Kraft loves Brady like a son. And there's been talk that Tom has been taking less money than he's worth because of an understanding that Kraft would give him part ownership down the road.

But that's Kraft and Brady. Typically it would be up to Belichick whether the Pats move on from a player. Is a scenario possible where Belichick wants to move on from Brady but Kraft can't do it...and it's Belichick leaves?
As important as Brady has been to the Patriots, I think Belichick has been even more important. If he leaves, so too does the Patriots dynasty and oh buddy I cannot tell you how prepared I am for that to happen soon. Enough of the Patriots winning.
Brady to SF is rumor thats been out there
Not sure why the 49ers would go from Jimmy G to Brady given Tom is going to be 43 next season.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
As important as Brady has been to the Patriots, I think Belichick has been even more important. If he leaves, so too does the Patriots dynasty and oh buddy I cannot tell you how prepared I am for that to happen soon. Enough of the Patriots winning.

Not sure why the 49ers would go from Jimmy G to Brady given Tom is going to be 43 next season.

I disagree. Belichick is massively overrated and has been riding Brady's coattails for the entire run. I'm not saying BB isn't a good or even a great coach. But the way people esteem him is way over the top. He's not better than Lombardi, he's not better than Bill Walsh. I would even say he's not better than Mike Shanahan. When Shanahan had Elway, they won the SB 2 of the 4 years. If you look at 1995 as a zero year because MS was implementing, it's 2 out of 3 years (BB did that in NE in 2000). MS has a winning record against BB and that's without having an elite QB. MS gets under-esteemed by the national media because he had Elway at the very end of his career. Meanwhile, BB fell a-- backwards into TB as a draft pick and has benefited from it for 19 years.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I disagree. Belichick is massively overrated and has been riding Brady's coattails for the entire run. I'm not saying BB isn't a good or even a great coach. But the way people esteem him is way over the top. He's not better than Lombardi, he's not better than Bill Walsh. I would even say he's not better than Mike Shanahan. When Shanahan had Elway, they won the SB 2 of the 4 years. If you look at 1995 as a zero year because MS was implementing, it's 2 out of 3 years (BB did that in NE in 2000). MS has a winning record against BB and that's without having an elite QB. MS gets under-esteemed by the national media because he had Elway at the very end of his career. Meanwhile, BB fell a-- backwards into TB as a draft pick and has benefited from it for 19 years.
I don't think he's massively overrated. Now, I don't think he's the greatest coach of all time like a lot of the media paints him to be, but he is most definitely a great coach. I'd take him 10 times out of 10 over Mike Shanahan.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I don't think he's massively overrated. Now, I don't think he's the greatest coach of all time like a lot of the media paints him to be, but he is most definitely a great coach. I'd take him 10 times out of 10 over Mike Shanahan.

Other than coming across Tom Brady early in Brady's career, there's little to support that.

I didn't even mention all the cheating. Do the Patriots have one title that isn't somehow tainted? The video taping that they were recently busted for allows one to reasonably conclude that they've been doing it since 2007, when they were originally busted for the first spygate.

Shanahan was the first to implement the zone blocking scheme. This created value for offensive linemen who are mobile. Every team in the NFL has incorporated aspects of the ZBS and runs the stretch play. What has BB contributed/innovated other than riding TBs coattails for 19 years and video taping opponents? BB is supposed to be a defensive guru. Many of the years NEs defense has been garbage.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Nice that Brett Kern surfaced to screw the Pats.
All of the punters the Broncos cut have been awesome this season. I remember reading somewhere that Kern and Colquitt were both told not to kick it far, but to aim for a spot. Which baffels my mind. Let those guys boom that thing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nuggets for some weird reason drop one against the league's worst team in Washington, despite a ton of scoring from Jamal Murray. Also curious as to why Malone limited MPJ's minutes so much right after letting him loose previously.

Now they take on the Hawks, who once had one of the coolest uniform kits in all of basketball, but now prefer to dress like...this.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Doncic is really good, but just imagine how much better he would be if he developed in the NCAA

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Fun even if you don't know what you're doing (like me in this case...lol) :
  • 15 Henry Ruggs III, WR - Alabama
  • 46 Xavier McKinney, S - Alabama
  • 77 Jaylon Johnson, CB - Utah
  • 83 Trey Adams, OT - Washington
  • 95 Ezra Cleveland, OT - Boise State
  • 108 Larrell Murchison, IDL - NC State
  • 127 Lamar Jackson, CB - Nebraska
  • 161 Cesar Ruiz, IOL - Michigan
  • 214 Jauan Jennings, WR - Tennessee
The Draft Network

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Fun even if you don't know what you're doing (like me in this case...lol) :
  • 15 Henry Ruggs III, WR - Alabama
  • 46 Xavier McKinney, S - Alabama
  • 77 Jaylon Johnson, CB - Utah
  • 83 Trey Adams, OT - Washington
  • 95 Ezra Cleveland, OT - Boise State
  • 108 Larrell Murchison, IDL - NC State
  • 127 Lamar Jackson, CB - Nebraska
  • 161 Cesar Ruiz, IOL - Michigan
  • 214 Jauan Jennings, WR - Tennessee
The Draft Network
  • 15. Austin Jackson LT - USC
  • 46. Calvin Throckmorton RT - Oregon
  • 77. Lloyd Cushenberry III C - LSU
  • 83. Darnay Holmes CB - UCLA
  • 95. Jordan Elliott IDL - Missouri
  • 108. Gabriel Davis WR - UCF
  • 127. Jordyn Brooks LB - Texas Tech
  • 161. Alex Highsmith EDGE - Charlotte
  • 214. Jake Luton QB - Oregon State
With the last pick I with with a 6'7 QB because Elway... I do want to move Bolles to right guard and get insurance on RT since it doesn't seem like James can stay healthy. We also just plain need a new center. Letting Paradis was a big mistake and it showed many times last season. I didn't pick a safety on the assumption that we'll re-sign Simmonds and Parks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad