OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The Broncos seriously need to get rid of Davis. His missed easy sack late in the second cost them those points. I don't get how he's a captain. The play he missed earlier and had Jewell in, Jewell and Von got a sack.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Anyone trying to defend the Broncos at this point is out their mind.

Flacco is the worst QB in the entire league and it's not close. Him coupled with Scangarello is atrocious. It's like they don't understand that Flacco can't move and doesn't throw well on the run.

Not to mention the weak offensive line, no TE presence and only one reliable WR.

If I was a defensive player I wouldn't show up the rest of the year. They constantly get hung out to dry, and yet they still perform well. 15 points allowed against a good team on the road is a hell of an effort.

What a f***ing waste of a season. f*** Elway his arrogance has driven this team to be the worst team in the league outside of Miami who is actively trying to lose. And there is no glimmer of hope for the future because there are like 5 players total that are worth keeping. Because Elway refuses to build anything for the future cause he can't accept that the product he built has failed completely. He rather continue to get crushed playing over the hill vets than even remotely plan for the future. What a f***ing asshole.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Anyone trying to defend the Broncos at this point is out their mind.

Flacco is the worst QB in the entire league and it's not close. Him coupled with Scangarello is atrocious. It's like they don't understand that Flacco can't move and doesn't throw well on the run.

Not to mention the weak offensive line, no TE presence and only one reliable WR.

If I was a defensive player I wouldn't show up the rest of the year. They constantly get hung out to dry, and yet they still perform well. 15 points allowed against a good team on the road is a hell of an effort.

What a ****ing waste of a season. **** Elway his arrogance has driven this team to be the worst team in the league outside of Miami who is actively trying to lose. And there is no glimmer of hope for the future because there are like 5 players total that are worth keeping. Because Elway refuses to build anything for the future cause he can't accept that the product he built has failed completely. He rather continue to get crushed playing over the hill vets than even remotely plan for the future. What a ****ing *******.
Once again complete over the top BS. Flacco sucks, but he is not the worst QB in the league, lile not even close. It's kind of hard to take anything else serious after going of on a tangent in the first sentence.

Reactions: JWK

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
It's entertaining watching the Broncos suck, Chase Young will look good opposite of Chubb.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Once again complete over the top BS. Flacco sucks, but he is not the worst QB in the league, lile not even close. It's kind of hard to take anything else serious after going of on a tangent in the first sentence.

He’s probably the worst starter, or very close to it. I saw a ranking of starting QB’s(ones who played the majority of a season)based on QBR, touchdowns, interception % and a couple other stats, starting after the season Flacco won the Super Bowl. Of 36 eligible QB’s Flacco was ranked 34th or lower in every category.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Don't use QBR. It's an arbitrary stat made up by ESPN and they won't reveal the formula.

According to QBR, the best game ever played is a game in which Charlie Batch threw 3 TD and 2 INT.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Flacco isn't the worst QB in the league, not by a long shot.

It still blows my mind, though, how he can be so good at times late in games when the Broncos are down and they need a long drive to score, yet the rest of the game he looks awfully mediocre. Like, what changes? Does he start to have more control of the offense late?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

It still blows my mind, though, how he can be so good at times late in games when the Broncos are down and they need a long drive to score, yet the rest of the game he looks awfully mediocre. Like, what changes? Does he start to have more control of the offense late?

Worst starting QB is a title he’s contending for. I mean who is worse than him currently? Winston, Keenan, and Rosen? That’s probably it.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
If you put Josh Allen behind this offensive line he would have 5 fumbles, 4 picks, and 9 sacks every game.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Flacco is easily in the running for worst starter in the league.

You can live in fairy tale land all you want, but the guy plain sucks at this point in his career. Can't move and/or manipulate the pocket, struggles with making the correct reads, can't identify a blitz. The only time he makes a play is everything goes perfect, which is a very small amount of the timein the NFL, and probably even lower in Denver with the patch work o-line.

I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for the o-line either they are pretty bad, but they look worse than they are due to what I've stated above about Flacco. You put a guy back there that has any kind of athleticism, and can identify the blitz packages and we don't look nearly as bad.

This league has started to move away from the straight pocket passer to guys that are simply able to make plays. Sans a few guys like Brady. But you're seeing more guys like Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Prescott, Jackson etc. That can make the throws from the pocket but can also make a play when things break down. Because as a whole the NFL product is declining, you don't really have dominant offensive lines that can give a pocket passer all day to throw. You look around the league and constantly you see highlights of plays breaking down and a QB just making plays happen it if nothing.

Flacco is nothing more than a backup at this point, the quicker we move on from him the better. Honestly with the way he has played this year, I'm not sure many teams even take him as a backup. He looks completely done out there. Not saying Lock is the answer but I sure as hell would much prefer to see him out there over sleepy Joe hucking balls 5 rows deep because he made a terrible misread.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If you put Josh Allen behind this offensive line he would have 5 fumbles, 4 picks, and 9 sacks every game.
Lol, simply not the case. Flacco makes our o-line look worse than it is. Put a mobile guy back there and numbers wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Not saying that the o-line isn't a problem, because it is. But stuck in cement Flacco who holds the ball way too long because he can't make the right read isn't doing them any favors.

The other thing Flacco does that kills me is his drop backs. You've got standard 3 step drops, 5-step, and 7-step. Flacco for some reason always takes about 1-2 extra steps back. That doesn't seem like that big a deal but it make o-lines job nearly impossible especially on longer drops like a 7-step. It allows the d-ends to swing wider and it's very easy for them to get a step on a tackle, which creates this chaos. Not sure if he's been doing this his whole career, but if he has I'm not sure how he has done as well as he has. It's a terrible habit that makes life very difficult.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017

That's always been the deal with Flacco. He can rise to the occasion on occasion. He's good in the playoffs but not always good enough in the regular season to get to the playoffs. Elway thinks the team is close to being a playoff team and that's what he was thinking with Flacco. But he was wrong and now the team is stuck with a terrible fit on a bad team.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think that the strategy to try and stop the opposition with our defense in a close game isn't working. You know the one where they take a 15 yard penalty to move the opposing team down the field to see if their kicker can make a long, game-winning field goal...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I am pretty sure that I read something that @chet1926 is on to something with--Flacco's dropbacks. I could have swore I read something from a former O-Lineman saying that he's taking extra steps, and it means that the OL has to work harder to contain for longer (since the extra steps prevents him from getting into passing position).

I know I've given ol' Chet a bit of a hard time with what I believe are his hot takes, but I am not sure this is one of them. At the very least I think it would be a correct assessment to label Flacco as "in the running for worst starter in the league", because you're looking at people like Fitzpatrick/Rosen in Miami, Trubisky in Chicago, to go along with Flacco, as some names on that list.

Reactions: chet1926

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I am pretty sure that I read something that @chet1926 is on to something with--Flacco's dropbacks. I could have swore I read something from a former O-Lineman saying that he's taking extra steps, and it means that the OL has to work harder to contain for longer (since the extra steps prevents him from getting into passing position).

I know I've given ol' Chet a bit of a hard time with what I believe are his hot takes, but I am not sure this is one of them. At the very least I think it would be a correct assessment to label Flacco as "in the running for worst starter in the league", because you're looking at people like Fitzpatrick/Rosen in Miami, Trubisky in Chicago, to go along with Flacco, as some names on that list.

I heard that as well. I think it was Orlando Franklin? Basically he said that’s QB will usually drop back 6-8 yards on a passing play, but Flacco is dropping closer to 10 yards which makes it way easier for the pocket to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad