OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
One more thought, no one said Manning was too old when he won a super bowl. 32 is old but not so old that Kaepernick shouldn’t have a job. I’m so over the BS, that’s why I personally can’t take the NFL seriously anymore.
In Manning's last year with the Broncos every one said he was too old. I can't remember how many times people said father time finally caught up to him. For the most part they weren't wrong. It took the Broncos having one of the top 5 defenses of all time to win the Superbowl that year. The only points by a quarterback in Superbowl 50 was a 2 point conversion by Manning. Cam was completely shell shocked that game. Many Panther fans also believe that game also ruined Cams whole career. He's never really been quite the same since then.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm an average Joe. I don't have millions to donate. I'm not famous, can't use that to make a difference. But I still donate what I to can to Children's hospital every year, I donate all my old clothes to Goodwill type places, I do some volunteer work when I can. I'm not asking for a medal or any recognition, I just think it's the right thing to do.

I'm sick and tired of the media building up people like Colin Kaepernick to be some kind of hero. He made statement about something he cared about and donated some of his money to causes related to it. I applaud him for believing in something so strongly. I do take offense to how he went about it though. Kneeling for the flag/national anthem was highly offensive to me and my family. Social Injustice doesn't have anything to do with the national anthem or the flag. And he certainly didn't take into consideration all the people who've dedicated their lives for that flag and or freedoms they've won us.

Clearly it didn't offend some people and that's ok as well. They are entitled to their opinions. And I'm not going to tell people how to feel about kneeling for the flag/national anthem. That's your choice.

I never have and never will understand how exercising one's first amendment rights in a country that supposedly treasures an individual's right to express themselves is so offensive. It is a form of peaceful protest. He is not doing ANYTHING to you, so chill out and maybe take a good look as to why he's doing it.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
In Manning's last year with the Broncos every one said he was too old. I can't remember how many times people said father time finally caught up to him. For the most part they weren't wrong. It took the Broncos having one of the top 5 defenses of all time to win the Superbowl that year. The only points by a quarterback in Superbowl 50 was a 2 point conversion by Manning. Cam was completely shell shocked that game. Many Panther fans also believe that game also ruined Cams whole career. He's never really been quite the same since then.

Yeah even with completely broken down body Manning still was the smartest player on the field, like it's not even close. Manning knew when to just go down, when he was going to have time, when he had to get the pass off quick, etc. The issue with Flacco is that his body is broken, but he can't read the play to save his life.

Reactions: sethro109

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I never have and never will understand how exercising one's first amendment rights in a country that supposedly treasures an individual's right to express themselves is so offensive. It is a form of peaceful protest. He is not doing ANYTHING to you, so chill out and maybe take a good look as to why he's doing it.
I think a lot of people were mostly angry about when he did it. His message was supposed to be about corrupt cops, but doing it during the anthem made it seem like he hated the military and the USA in general. It also didn't help that he wore pig cop socks making it look like all cops are evil. Then there was also that Castro shirt....

Reactions: 5280

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Blaming Flacco is nice and all but when you allow nine(!) sacks against the Cheifs D, there has to be some serious issues besides the QB.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The first Nuggets road game is on ESPN, and Altitude has bought air time on channel 20 to show the first Nuggets home game on local TV.

They say they will continue to buy air time on a case by case basis for both Nuggets and Avalanche games until Altitude is back on the big cable carriers.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Blaming Flacco is nice and all but when you allow nine(!) sacks against the Cheifs D, there has to be some serious issues besides the QB.
Well our starting right tackel is injured, our starting left tackle is a bust and for some reason Elway and Ellis let our top graded center walk to free agency. Our guard aren't really anything to write home about either. Also in obvious passing situations our coach leaves Lindsay in to block instead of putting in our FB Jano.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Real is time to move on. Elway need to go; he just keep trying the same things and hoping to hit a home run like he did with Manning and has been striking out every time. The sooner he’s gone the better so this team can rebuild and get back to the winning way.

Bad offense since the Super Bowl win and nothing has been fix; can’t barely mustard like 16pts a game if lucky. Just bring back Mike and give him another go, all of Elway hiring has been trash anyway.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Real is time to move on. Elway need to go; he just keep trying the same things and hoping to hit a home run like he did with Manning and has been striking out every time. The sooner he’s gone the better so this team can rebuild and get back to the winning way.

Bad offense since the Super Bowl win and nothing has been fix; can’t barely mustard like 16pts a game if lucky. Just bring back Mike and give him another go, all of Elway hiring has been trash anyway.
Rumor has it that Elway was on board to bring back Shanahan, but Joe Ellis hates himand vetoed the idea. I don't know if Elway is the problem or if it's the trust. It seems like the trust might be what's really holding this team back. Elway hates to lose so I don't know why he wouldn't be spending up to the cap on players if it wasn't because some one higher up won't allow him to do so. Either way I think Elways time here is almost at it's end. Hopefully the team turns it around, but the team is being incredibly cheap lately. We have one of, if not the smallest front offices of all the NFL and it shows. Bad drafting, can't keep key players, can't sign big fishes in FA, etc etc.

WE NEED A REAL OWNER AGAIN.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Enough depressing Broncos talk. Pepsi Center teams are all we've got until next depressing baseball season.

Nuggets open up Wednesday night @ Portland, game on ESPN. Mammoth open up on November 29 at home against the Saskatchewan Rush.

Hopefully both teams get off to a similar start to the Avs. All three teams getting out of the first round of the playoffs last year was awesome; even farther this year would be epic.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
They messed up when they picked Chubb over Nelson.

1000000% agree with this. They completely botched that pick.

Even the guy I completely railed against them drafting (Josh Allen) would have been better too.

Not only is Nelson going to be a better player, but Shaqil Barrett is a legimitate NFL Defensive POY candidate right now. They didn't need Chubb. And he wasn't even the BPA - Nelson was by all draftnik accounts.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets are returning a league-high 88% of minutes played by players last season, plus adding Porter Jr and Grant.

I expect them to take a big jump. Their previous 5 seasons' win totals:

Better every year. Sky's the limit this year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Rumor has it that Elway was on board to bring back Shanahan, but Joe Ellis hates himand vetoed the idea. I don't know if Elway is the problem or if it's the trust. It seems like the trust might be what's really holding this team back. Elway hates to lose so I don't know why he wouldn't be spending up to the cap on players if it wasn't because some one higher up won't allow him to do so. Either way I think Elways time here is almost at it's end. Hopefully the team turns it around, but the team is being incredibly cheap lately. We have one of, if not the smallest front offices of all the NFL and it shows. Bad drafting, can't keep key players, can't sign big fishes in FA, etc etc.

WE NEED A REAL OWNER AGAIN.

Oh, Ellis is a HUGE part of the problem. I've said this for years. He was instrumental in bringing in McDaniels and giving him managerial control, even though McDaniels himself didn't even want it.

Of course he was a big reason why Elway took over after McDaniels was ousted, and there was that Super Bowl win, but apart from that brief resurgence from 2011-2016 it's been an utter shitshow.

I'm trying to steel my resolve over an eventual Von trade but...that one is gonna hurt like hell. We Denver sports fans for the most part have had fan faves stick around for most of their prime years, if not their entire careers (most of the exceptions are, of course, NBA players...damned Nuggets).

Reactions: sethro109

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Oh, Ellis is a HUGE part of the problem. I've said this for years. He was instrumental in bringing in McDaniels and giving him managerial control, even though McDaniels himself didn't even want it.
Yeah that's crap. If his tenure proved anything it was McDaniels wouldn't listen to anyone.

Of course he was a big reason why Elway took over after McDaniels was ousted, and there was that Super Bowl win, but apart from that brief resurgence from 2011-2016 it's been an utter ****show.
You realize the "brief"period is longer than the period has been since.

But yes, Ellis needs to go before anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad