OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Ugh, Broncos and Rockies are too depressing for words.

Thank God basketball season is happening and the Avs are off to a great start.

It helps to be a lacrosse fan. The Mammoth don't tear your heart out until the playoffs, and the Outlaws alternately win and lose the championship game every other year. But the two teams have missed the playoffs a combined twice, ever. Mammoth since 2003, Outlaws since 2006.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I want to see them take this newly found cap space and include Harris in a package to get Trent Williams. Move Bolles to G and then dump Leary. Lots of problems solved.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Should've traded Von and Harris too. We're not going to be contenders anytime soon, and from top to bottom, the full rebuild needs to happen.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Fangio at this point probably realizes the team has almost no depth so I'd be surprised if either CHJ or Wolfe gets traded (even though they should be). Elway is too proud/stubborn to go into full tank mode.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
From the Athletic:

Flacco has sluggish footwork in the pocket and a bad habit of getting too deep into his drop, with his back foot sometimes hitting at 10 yards or more. That makes the job of each tackle unnecessarily difficult.

Since the offensive line forms the pocket using precise angles based on the quarterback’s drop point, when that gets extended deeper than they’re accounting for any pressure off the edge becomes the quarterback’s responsibility.

As eight-year NFL veteran offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz has explained before, a “deep drop” for a quarterback should extend no further than 9-9.5 yards behind where the ball was snapped.

Basic gist of Thorn’s article is that of all the major issues befalling the Broncos offense, the two main culprits are Garrett Holds, and Joe Flacco.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Broncos fans probably shouldn't get their hopes up that Elway will draft one of the top-tier QB's this season, if his remarks about Lock are any indication.

John Elway: Drew Lock isn’t ready to play now

Basically says that he doesn't think Lock is ready to play, and I'd wonder if they plan at putting him out there at all this season if he feels this way currently. And that is a real shame because with the way the team is constructed, they need to be doing everything they can to figure out if Lock can be a successful franchise QB in the NFL or not. They seem to be in a position where they can snag one of the top-tier QB prospects. It would be a shame for them to, yet again, not address it.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
So is Malone not going to play MPJ at all this season? Maybe some minutes if they are ahead by a bunch?

If so, that is BS. You have Plumlee running around putting up the worst hook shots/jump shots I've seen in my life, and you have Barton that does something good about 1/5 times he gets the ball in the O zone. Should've traded both and made some room for the new guys.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
MPJ will play eventually. Malone said he will find minutes for him, but it's not going to come as quickly as the fans (or MPJ) would like. I think early on he's going to get sheltered minutes, and he's going to have to earn playing time when he gets those chances. A road game against Portland doesn't offer many sheltered minute opportunities. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in against the Suns. Based on how good he looked in the preseason, I think MPJ will get into the rotation at some point this season, just not sure when.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
MPJ will play eventually. Malone said he will find minutes for him, but it's not going to come as quickly as the fans (or MPJ) would like. I think early on he's going to get sheltered minutes, and he's going to have to earn playing time when he gets those chances. A road game against Portland doesn't offer many sheltered minute opportunities. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in against the Suns. Based on how good he looked in the preseason, I think MPJ will get into the rotation at some point this season, just not sure when.
Given that it's the Suns, I wouldn't be surprised to see Doug Moe suit up.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
It's one game into the year, don't panic about Porter. They're going to ease him into it considering how his offseason went.

The Nuggets have crazy depth and they have some RFAs coming up that they need to make decisions on in Juancho and Beasley. If they stay healthy minutes will be incredibly scarce for this Nuggets squad.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
This team is returning 88% of its minutes last year from a 54 win team plus Grant, Porter, Bol, and Cancar. And everyone but Bol is 100% healthy.

Ideally Porter is the starting SF at the end of the season but you don't just take minutes away from Barton, Beasley, Craig, Grant, and Juancho if they're contributing and the team is winning.

If Malone played Porter 18 minutes next game and the kid hurt his knee, people would want his head on a stick.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
on the radio this morning they said MPJ tends to feel entitled so they are making him earn every scrap of playing time

If it was the same interview I heard, they said that was impression of him in high school. He did admit to being frustrated in the last preseason game but he also apologized to Malone after. But yes, they are going to make him earn playing time, as it should be.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
One for you nostalgia buffs

For its time, the offer was good one, the kind any respectable 22-year-old economics major at Stanford University would leap to accept: a chance to make several hundred thousands of dollars a year. Guaranteed. And when news leaked in February of 1983 that this is what the USFL’s Oakland Invaders were dangling at John Elway, the Associated Press hailed it as “virtual lifetime security.”
In the end, Elway turned down the five-year offer from Invaders owner Tad Taube, and eventually went to the Denver Broncos where he won two Super Bowls and is now the architect of this Denver Super Bowl team. And yet sometimes Taube wonders what might have happened had Elway said yes.
He is sure Elway’s signing wouldn’t have saved the USFL. He fully blames Donald Trump for destroying their football league. But maybe the Invaders would have won a championship had Elway come. At the least, it would have significantly altered NFL history and five Super Bowls in which his Denver teams played.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Jokic tonight:
23 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal

Torrey Craig with 4 blocks off the bench, including on the final play of OT to seal the one point win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad