Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How the hell is he supposed to do that when he never gets to play. How are you supposed to do something when you don't get the chance to do it. Don't say in practice, because we all know that is way different than a game.

Again, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. MPJ has not played regularly for, what, two years now? They should be bringing him along slowly. Ultimately I'd like to see him get a regular spot up front, maybe replacing Barton (though I think the plan is for him to take Milsap's place since he's a free agent after this season).

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I actually don’t mind them bringing him along slowly. Not far removed from serious injury and little to no college experience. I don’t mind them bringing him along and maybe incorporating him later this season. Particularly if you’re thinking long game that he contends for Milsaps spot next year. Don’t get him seriously injured this year.

Reactions: Pokecheque

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Pretty funny both top 3 picks in the next NFL and NBA draft got banned on the same day.

Oh yeah, f*** the NCAA.

Reactions: Pokecheque

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Gotta give some props to my boys down here from App State in Boone, NC. You say “where”? I say “exactly”.

Beat UNC and USC (South Carolina) in the same season and would be undefeated except for a loss to their arch rivals Georgia Southern in a weather influenced game they almost came back and won.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I'm so glad Lamar Jackson ended up on a team where the coaching staff isn't completely clueless.

Now if only Rosen gets to do the same...

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Is there any doubt that he’s surpassed Mutumbo as the best center in Nuggets history?

What will it take to surpass David Thompson as best Nugget at their peak?

What will it take for him to surpass Alex English as the best Nugget?

Not much doubt when it comes to Mutumbo, based on projected longevity alone. As far the rest it's pretty hard to compare because Jokic has a pretty unique skill set. He's never going to score like Skywalker or English, but if he's averaging a triple double in a season I'd say that's comparable. Since the Nuggets have not had much playoff success in their history that's where Jokic could set himself apart.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Is there any doubt that he’s surpassed Mutumbo as the best center in Nuggets history?

What will it take to surpass David Thompson as best Nugget at their peak?

What will it take for him to surpass Alex English as the best Nugget?

Winning a NBA title. If he manages to do so then Jokic is mentioned in the same breath as Sakic, McCartney, and Elway by fans of Colorado sports teams. If the Nuggets ever win the championship it will be nearly as big of a deal as the Broncos first.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Winning an MVP could also do it. He’s the first Nug to be 1st team NBA since Skywalker.

If he averages 500 assists a year (580 last year) he should break the record for assists by a center at 31.

Breaking Wilt’s single season record of 702 will be difficult. Wilt was such a minute muncher, kind of like Brodeur starting 70 games a year.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Comparing him to Issel may be a better barometer than English/Thompson

I think he’s close to overtaking Issel but needs some more seasons at a high level.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh man...the Nuggets winning it all would be so amazing, mainly because of the utter depths that franchise has fallen to over the decades.

I do love the fact that Joker showed up two of the biggest, brashest big men in basketball in back-to-back games.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Comparing him to Issel may be a better barometer than English/Thompson

I think he’s close to overtaking Issel but needs some more seasons at a high level.
Similar skill set to Issel, substitute The Horse’s shot with Joker’s passing, but you are going to have to cross positions to do the best in team history in any league.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Similar skill set to Issel, substitute The Horse’s shot with Joker’s passing, but you are going to have to cross positions to do the best in team history in any league.

When I was thinking about comparisons I was actually thinking Jokic in the ABA would have been absolutely dynamite. His stats would have been even crazier in that generation.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
CU got a commit from son of Broncos legend, Kavika Pittman, today.

They also have a commit from the son of another Broncos' legend, Jerry Rice, in this recruiting class.

Also, Ochocinco's (or Chad Johnson)son has been talking shit to Jerry Rice's son on twitter for the past month.

Yes, you're old.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh heavens...Kavika Pittman. The only thing I remember about him is this segment on Broncos Huddle or something where he made this gigantic pot of gumbo and I thought it looked like it might be tasty.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
EJS48ywU0AA1lBv

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Kap’s schtick is a joke to me these days.

I was originally on the side of freedom of expression and I have general sympathy for people subject to police discrimination. Even though I do think it is over politicized and blown out of proportion I do realize it exists and understand the plight of a certain demographic of people. I have been at the mercy of policemen before and it is a helpless feeling.

Having said that:

1) I can’t convince myself that not showing up for this tryout was anything but a publicity stunt created by his legal team to throw more shade on the NFL.

2) Is there another industry or career out there where an employee can act like this and not be punished in some way or another? The only industry I can think of where this type of behavior would be tolerated is the music industry.

In short, I don’t blame the NFL much, if at all, here.

Last edited:

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
2 straight coaches that don't know how to make adjustments. Did you think they were just gonna lay down???

Take a timeout and try and disrupt the momentum, and give your defense a chance to get a breath.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013

I was originally on the side of freedom of expression and I have general sympathy for people subject to police discrimination. Even though I do think it is over politicized and blown out of proportion I do realize it exists and understand the plight of a certain demographic of people. I have been at the mercy of policemen before and it is a helpless feeling.

Having said that:

1) I can’t convince myself that not showing up for this tryout was anything but a publicity stunt created by his legal team to throw more shade on the NFL.

2) Is there another industry or career out there where an employee can act like this and not be punished in some way or another? The only industry I can think of where this type of behavior would be tolerated is the music industry.

The thing about Kapernick is that it is not about his politics (or the politics of the owners), but rather teams not wanting the media circus that would be sure to follow him if he went to their team. If tomorrow a player were to go out and praise Donald Trump before every game, the same thing would be done to him. If Kapernick were smart (or his legal team looking to appear reasonable) he would have shown up to the tryout and sucked it up for a few hours. However, the egomania of many professional athletes will not allow them to do such a thing sadly.

Reactions: 5280

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
The thing about Kapernick is that it is not about his politics (or the politics of the owners), but rather teams not wanting the media circus that would be sure to follow him if he went to their team. If tomorrow a player were to go out and praise Donald Trump before every game, the same thing would be done to him. If Kapernick were smart (or his legal team looking to appear reasonable) he would have shown up to the tryout and sucked it up for a few hours. However, the egomania of many professional athletes will not allow them to do such a thing sadly.

capitalism as it’s finest

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Having said that:

The NFL did just about everything they could to try and put him in a legal bind.

-Scheduled the workout unbeknownst to him, and gave him 2 hours to accept it.

-Put the workout on a Saturday instead of the more usual Tuesday, and would not even re-schedule it for the following Saturday to give more teams time to decide to send someone or not.

-Would now allow independent film crew to document it

-Would not release which teams would participate/who was coming from those teams

-Wanted him to sign a completely different liability waiver than any other Pro Day/Tryout participant, one that specifically revoked his right to further litigation (this is the big one).

Tim f***ing Tebow got 4 chances at an NFL roster because he knelt/kneels for Jesus, but Kaepernick can't get a workout without all these hoops because he knelt/kneels--silently--in protest of racial injustice. If Kaepernick signed today with anyone, I'm sure there would be a media circus around it...but it would be short-lived. I'll f***ing harp on Tebow getting 4 chances at the NFL all day because he brought a pretty much unprecedented amount of media circus wherever he went.

The NFL can go f*** themselves with this obvious charade.

Reactions: JWK and Alex Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad