Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
IMG_0003.jpeg

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Don’t know if it’s been said yet, but Rielly was so strong last night. He and Boosh were solid.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yeah I think he goes Swayman rest of series, however long that may be.
I won't be surprised if Ullmark starts game 6. He probably should have started game 4. Swayman loses game 6 and Monty will have a difficult choice for game 7, just like last year.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
By real fan you mean only the ones that drink the Kool-aid.
Some Leafs last night actual played like it mattered. JT dud not circle back, Knies as he did many times was going to the net through anyone who may try to stop him, Holmberg showed sincere pride, desire and drive like no one had. And Woll stood tall.
What is not to like. No whining or sniveling or throwing gloves like a bantam.
The display last night showed manhood by many.
I was not proud of MY TEAM in game 1 to 4. If game 6 is like 5 I will be happy, if they revert back Blow them up.
F.... you and your poop of love at all costs.
I am as much a real fan for 7 decades as you. Trading Lanny McDonakd for spite was still stupid and I hated the Leaf management for that. I was still a fan.
I hate the Leaf management today for keeping Mitchy and allowing him to have influence like a child. When Babs was fired for good reasons but as a result of his comments, he should have been traded to bring an end.
I am a REAL fan who wants a cup after 56 yrs. Not a kool-aid drinker.
Don't go citing Lanny on me. I was watching Leafs in those days. I watched them when they iced Korn and Higgins too. The real problem is not the quality of the team you are blessed with. It is that you and many others here have gone soft and sit on your God damned couches complaining about everything. There were far darker days in the past. Being a Karen over their construction today doesn't give you clout because some other team that never won a cup seems to tickle your nostalgia. It isn't their behavior...it's yours.

Reactions: Ciao

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It is fine by me if they eke out 2-1 wins - just win.
Of course, a win's a win. You can't count on consistently winning games like this though, like even this one we lose if that post Boston hit in the 3rd goes in. Every now and then you need to score more than two goals to win, we so rarely seem to be able to do that in the playoffs and that's why our series record is 1-7.

Woll was great, but the Leafs were the better team pretty much all night.
Yup. Last night was a textbook display of what winning 5on5 hockey looks like. Make defence a priority, maintain focus at all times, play a full 60 minutes keeping scoring chances to a minimum and if those shots that do get through are savable, the goalie saves them.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Nonsense. Everyone wants a Cup after 56 years. It just that a lot of fans are tired of entitled whinny fair weather fans.
Not fair weather. Just a fan who who doesn't wear rose colored glasses. And no, nit all players are prepared to devote the energy, passion and dedication to win. Even all fans can see that.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Not fair weather. Just a fan who who doesn't wear rose colored glasses. And no, nit all players are prepared to devote the energy, passion and dedication to win. Even all fans can see that.
Everyone was referring to every fan.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
By real fan you mean only the ones that drink the Kool-aid.
Some Leafs last night actual played like it mattered. JT dud not circle back, Knies as he did many times was going to the net through anyone who may try to stop him, Holmberg showed sincere pride, desire and drive like no one had. And Woll stood tall.
What is not to like. No whining or sniveling or throwing gloves like a bantam.
The display last night showed manhood by many.
I was not proud of MY TEAM in game 1 to 4. If game 6 is like 5 I will be happy, if they revert back Blow them up.
F.... you and your poop of love at all costs.
I am as much a real fan for 7 decades as you. Trading Lanny McDonakd for spite was still stupid and I hated the Leaf management for that. I was still a fan.
I hate the Leaf management today for keeping Mitchy and allowing him to have influence like a child. When Babs was fired for good reasons but as a result of his comments, he should have been traded to bring an end.
I am a REAL fan who wants a cup after 56 yrs. Not a kool-aid drinker.
Well said. All I ever ask for is for the team to play hard, give it their best, leave it all out there and if that's not good enough to win, so be it. They did that last night and it was good to see.

My wife knows dick about hockey, she watched the last two games with me for the first time ever and even she could tell that they looked listless in game 4 but looked like a different team last night. Hope they show up again tomorrow!

Don't go citing Lanny on me. I was watching Leafs in those days. I watched them when they iced Korn and Higgins too. The real problem is not the quality of the team you are blessed with. It is that you and many others here have gone soft and sit on your God damned couches complaining about everything. There were far darker days in the past. Being a Karen over their construction today doesn't give you clout because some other team that ever won a cup seems to tickle your nostalgia. It isn't their behavior...it's yours.
It's bizarre how you and a few others are happy when the team sucks in the playoffs because "there were darker days in the past". Not sure how "being a Karen" fits in here, whatever.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Should have went to Woll sooner

Boston is ready to collapse again. No Matthews and they choke at home.
The real question is why not go with Woll sooner? Different team when you don't have a soon to be gone playoff seive in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad