OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It’s honestly crazy to think how good the Nuggets could have been if Nurkic (hope I spelled that right) had been able to play next to Jokic. He just dropped an insane line a week or so ago.

Safe to say we got totally screwed on that Plumlee deal but I dunno if they exactly had great alternatives. I just hope they don’t deal away Murray in the same manner.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I wouldn't say they got screwed in the Plumlee deal. Nurkic is a more talented player, but as you said, they didn't have much alternatives, and Plumlee has been playing well, especially this year. Plus there was kind of a Duchene-Mackinnon thing going on with Jokic and Nurkic... Jokic didn't start blossoming into the superstar he is becoming until Nurkic was traded and the Nuggets could define Jokic's role on the team and make him the centerpiece of the offence. The Nuggets may have never discovered the identity they have now without that trade.

Reactions: cgf

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
As I said at the time, Plumlee is much better than Nurkic for the kind of basketball the Nuggets want and need to play.

He can distribute the ball like Jokic does when Jokic is off the court, and he's versatile enough to play the more athletic style we need him to when he's on the court with Jokic at the same time.

Plumlee is the absolute best player you could get to back up Jokic. Meanwhile, Nurkic was a cancer.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah Nurkic and Jokic were like water and oil, but man - wish we could have gotten more for him. And wish he wasn’t so much of a **** that he could have played next to Jokic. I remember it was clear one of them had to go.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
They got what they needed to get for Nurkic. There is no room on this squad for anyone else. As it is, someone between Craig, Juancho, Beasley, Morris, and Thomas isn't getting any minutes once Barton is healthy.

The Nuggets roster construction is ridiculously good.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
ymrgbkzlmltfhed2s6t1.gif

the mascot died

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It’s honestly crazy to think how good the Nuggets could have been if Nurkic (hope I spelled that right) had been able to play next to Jokic. He just dropped an insane line a week or so ago.

Safe to say we got totally screwed on that Plumlee deal but I dunno if they exactly had great alternatives. I just hope they don’t deal away Murray in the same manner.

Not that the Plumlee was great or anything, but Nurkic would be a lot less effective on a team that had another big worth a damn like the Nuggets. The joker maybe the most unique center since Sabonis senior, but his playmaking still works best with space & quick cutters around him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Reason #367 why the NFL sucks: They can't help but copy each other over and over again. For years it was Belichick and the Patriots, even though every single, solitary coach or front office guy hired away has been a complete and total disaster (Weis, Crennel, Pioli, McDouchebag, that bearded guy in Detroit right now), they keep going back for more. Now they're falling over one another in a mad scramble to get the next Sean McVay...even though the whole reason McVay got the job in the first place is that someone finally thought outside the extremely small box NFL teams tend to dwell. Unfortunately hiring Vance Joseph was kinda/sorta an outside-the-box move by Elway and it was a total disaster. But I think that's why we see so little creativity and innovation in this league. One guy figures out something new, the other 31 do everything they can to neutralize it and/or copy it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
do you really think Sean McVay is just so incredible though?

I mean you got a #1 overall QB coming into his prime, incredible stud RB in Gurley, super defense with Wade, and a monster LT in Whitworth

I don't think Sean McVay is that incredible. I think he's pretty damn lucky to have the personnel he does and just knows what he's doing.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Never thought I would see Alabama get ruined like this while Saban was head coach. You can just see that Clemson wants it more too.

EDIT: Wow. No points for bama in the 2nd half. That's crazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad