🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I think the biggest area of needs are:
1 - QB
2 - CB
3 - ILB
4 - G (maybe 2 depending on what they do)
5 - Another CB
6 - TE
7 - P
8 - WR

The punter was at the bottom of stats in the league but a punter is a dime a dozen. Outside of QB I think CB and ILB are pretty bad.
I think Fumagalli will be a real gem at TE. Watching his strength in collage has me hopeful. ILB is a really big issue. I like Jewell, but Marshall and Davis are a nightmare. Davis might be serviceable as a role player in obvious rushing downs, but that's it. Bryce Callahan was having a good season before injuring his ankle and was placed on IR. He's a FA CB that Fangio coached last year. I bet he'll be a target in the offseason. Wadman was top 10 for punts inside the 20 and had a long of 65 while only being 23 years old. I'd give the kid the start for next season and see if he can still improve.......... At least it's not the great King anymore.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Now all we need is a quarterback. And four starting offensive linemen. And a tight end. And at least one more receiver. And some cornerbacks. And an inside linebacker. And another safety. And a punter. And maybe a kicker.

Yep, that's all.

And defensive line. Gotsis and Demarcus Walker don’t inspire much confidence.

And more effective special teams, too.

And.....

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I think the biggest area of needs are:
1 - QB
2 - CB
3 - ILB
4 - G (maybe 2 depending on what they do)
5 - Another CB
6 - TE
7 - P
8 - WR

The punter was at the bottom of stats in the league but a punter is a dime a dozen. Outside of QB I think CB and ILB are pretty bad.

I believe they have only 3 defensive linemen signed right now: Gotsis (who isn’t very good), Wolfe (who is good, but injured a lot), and Walker (who sits most Sundays). That position is a house of cards.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Isn't Sanders/Sutton/Hamilton going to be enough at WR?

I don't think the O-line is as far gone as most do. They need a starting LT who doesn't suck and can stay healthy. Other than that they should be okay .

The TE situation is...not good, but I suppose we'll see with J-Butts.

Too bad, re: Butt. Good potential, but the poor kid has had three torn ACLs in five years. Can’t count on him. That position is a mess.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
The TE class is pretty stacked this year, should be able to get a good one in the middle rounds.

Or just trade back in the 1st and take Noah Fant.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
All Broncos fans will be elated to hear that the king of crappy offense himself - Rick Dennison - is likely heading back to Denver as an offensive coach

Fangio has given all the assistants opportunity to interview elsewhere. If they lose Kollar that’s gonna be a huge loss.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
All Broncos fans will be elated to hear that the king of crappy offense himself - Rick Dennison - is likely heading back to Denver as an offensive coach

Fangio has given all the assistants opportunity to interview elsewhere. If they lose Kollar that’s gonna be a huge loss.

The loss of 3rd tier coaches isn't nearly as important as the lack of talent on the roster.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

Meh...if Kubiak is the OC I don't see that being an issue.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
First Tulo, and now DJ. smh Rockies are Yankees' farm system!!!!!

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Kubiak not coming as OC. Rumor is that Elway didnt want Dennison back on the staff.

I dont even know what to think about all this. Not a stable organization by any means anymore.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
1 - Elway seems to be the ultimate pain in the ass to work with, with the ultimate control over the org. Someone proclaimed we are now the Dallas Cowbys of the AFC. Pretty true statement. He's got his damn hands in everything.

2 - While this sucks, Kubiak's nepotism won't really be missed.....Dennision was going to probably ruin any progress we had made on the OL since he last left, and I wasn't exactly excited about Kubiak's kid taking a significant role.....hallelujah to none of those guys coming on board......but to be honest there needs to be some removal of nepotism at the top as well and Elway needs to look at his own self in the mirror - Matt Russell should have been gone a long time ago but John's best drinking buddy somehow clings on to his role every year.

3 - In the back of my mind, I keep thinking Elway/Kubiak/Fangio/Ellis and all of these dudes have like 3 years left. Team is going to suck for another 3 years because of the talent level - so all of this is probably moot anyways. In 3 years I am expecting a monster rebuild.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Kubiak not coming as OC. Rumor is that Elway didnt want Dennison back on the staff.

I dont even know what to think about all this. Not a stable organization by any means anymore.
Elway was right to not let Dennison return. He's a terrible coach. Kubiak on the other hand is a huge loss. He knew how to win with bad to mediocre QBs. Fangio saying he want's to try and run some collage systems should make people like Dmac happy, but it has me worried and scared. NFL players are too fast for that type of play to be properly effective. It'll look great against older and slow defenses, but come playoff time....

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Will Barton and Gary Harris upgraded from out to questionable for tonight's game against the Suns.

Trey Lyles questionable with a sprained wrist.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I just realized the nuggets are undefeated against teams in their division. Pretty good stuff, I hope they can keep it rolling.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Kubiak going to the Vikings in some offensive coach/advisor capacity.

I guess he and the new coach really didn’t click. :laugh:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Kubiak going to the Vikings in some offensive coach/advisor capacity.

I guess he and the new coach really didn’t click. :laugh:
Kubs wanted his old band back together, but a few of those coaches just aren't good. Especially Dennison. I hope he succeeds over there. I'll always be grateful for super bowl 50.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm fine with Fangio trying something new, I just hope to hell it works. I'm not convinced Kubiak's offensive philosophy is outdated as Kiszla asserts, but I can see why they weren't comfortable with him bringing everyone back, especially when they had a shot at bringing in one of the best o-line coaches in football in Mike Munchak.

But all this is a moot point if they don't get players who can execute. There were maybe 3 losses you could directly pin on coaching blunders, but for the most part that team just plain wasn't good enough.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm fine with Fangio trying something new, I just hope to hell it works. I'm not convinced Kubiak's offensive philosophy is outdated as Kiszla asserts, but I can see why they weren't comfortable with him bringing everyone back, especially when they had a shot at bringing in one of the best o-line coaches in football in Mike Munchak.

But all this is a moot point if they don't get players who can execute. There were maybe 3 losses you could directly pin on coaching blunders, but for the most part that team just plain wasn't good enough.

They need another couple of drafts like last year, a few successful FA signings, and then a damn QB.

Holes all over the roster. Can't be fixed in one offseason, especially given this year's 1st or 2nd round pick is unlikely to contribute much in 2019 (because I believe one of those two picks will be a QB, and that QB will likely sit for a season behind Keenum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->