OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
All I can say was it was great to watch my team dismantle Alabama. Nothing like watching Saban get his butt handed to him.

As for Trevor Lawrence, I've watched him all year and it's just unreal. He gets better every single week. He made the closest thing to a NFL team in Alabama look bad. He makes pro level throws and reads look easy. And the crazy part is he is only 19.

All I can say is sucks for the rest of college football, because they've got to deal with him for two more seasons. And whatever NFL team is fortunate enough to draft him in a couple of years will be set for 12-15 years assuming he stays healthy.

Reactions: AvsWraith

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Reason #367 why the NFL sucks: They can't help but copy each other over and over again. For years it was Belichick and the Patriots, even though every single, solitary coach or front office guy hired away has been a complete and total disaster (Weis, Crennel, Pioli, McDouchebag, that bearded guy in Detroit right now), they keep going back for more. Now they're falling over one another in a mad scramble to get the next Sean McVay...even though the whole reason McVay got the job in the first place is that someone finally thought outside the extremely small box NFL teams tend to dwell. Unfortunately hiring Vance Joseph was kinda/sorta an outside-the-box move by Elway and it was a total disaster. But I think that's why we see so little creativity and innovation in this league. One guy figures out something new, the other 31 do everything they can to neutralize it and/or copy it.

mcvay's grandpa was VP/GM for the 9ers in the 80/90s... not sure if he had rosen this quickly and this far without that.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
All I can say was it was great to watch my team dismantle Alabama. Nothing like watching Saban get his butt handed to him.

As for Trevor Lawrence, I've watched him all year and it's just unreal. He gets better every single week. He made the closest thing to a NFL team in Alabama look bad. He makes pro level throws and reads look easy. And the crazy part is he is only 19.

All I can say is sucks for the rest of college football, because they've got to deal with him for two more seasons. And whatever NFL team is fortunate enough to draft him in a couple of years will be set for 12-15 years assuming he stays healthy.

Hopefully the broncos

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Welcome to the Head Coaching job of the Denver Broncos. My name is John Elway. I’ll be your boss and really want you to succeed here. I’ll be the man responsible for picking the players you have on the field. Sometimes I’ll get help from Gary Kubiak - who by the way will be your offensive coordinator. Gary had an awesome offense about 15 years ago so I’m sure he’ll be great for you. He’s also loved by the fans so you’ll always have someone popular with the ticket holders just a step away from your job. As for the other coaches on your staff, you’ll be really pleased to hear that we’ve already filled those roles as well. You’re gonna have no sweat here! - Players, coaches, personnel decisions, and just about every little detail will already be worked out by me. Welcome to the job! Can’t wait to see how innovative you’ll be. By the way, if you fail - it’s all on you my friend.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Out of the guys they interviewed I like Fangio but yeah... they are going to stick Kubiak in there and try some tired old offense(with the old crappy backup QB masquerading as a starter). So another couple years of an occasionally great defense caring a mediocre offense to a 7-9 record.... *snor* *fart*

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Fangio is pretty good, a lot older than I thought he was.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Should they hold onto Sanders, I'd think they'd have a very good receiving corps as well as an RB/FB tandem that's Pro-Bowl caliber. If they can make enough adjustments so that the blocking is at least sufficient I would think they just need a serviceable QB to win games (this is assuming Fangio fixes whatever the hell VJ and Woods did to wreck the defense). Now...I realize that's easier said than done, but they'll have some halfway decent options this offseason.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I like the signings. Kubs won a super bowl with a broken down Manning and Osweiler. He knows how to win games with not very good QBs. I know no one will ever be able to lead like Manning could, but I have faith in Kubs. Fangio's defense was impressive this year and with Harris JR, Von and Chubb I think he'll be able to do great things on D. Now lets trade for Foles and win us some games!

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Flacco maybe?

He has history with Kubiak and it's pretty clear the Ravens are going with Jackson.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Flacco maybe?

He has history with Kubiak and it's pretty clear the Ravens are going with Jackson.

Every time I hear that name I have flashbacks to Rahim Moore...

I suppose, even though he's gonna command some big $$$ no matter where he goes. He's not a long-term answer, but the guy did win a Super Bowl playing for a team with a tremendous defense, and if nothing else the guy can absolutely gun it down the field.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Flacco is more of the same. Foles is only good in that system. They would both look like Keenum in this offense. What Kubiak runs isnt all that dissimilar from what Musgrave ran.

I'm thankful for the Superbowl win that Kubiak was a part of and he has other meaningful contributions to the Broncos success over the years. I just don't think going back to the that well over and over is the answer.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I suppose, even though he's gonna command some big $$$ no matter where he goes. He's not a long-term answer, but the guy did win a Super Bowl playing for a team with a tremendous defense, and if nothing else the guy can absolutely gun it down the field.

Flacco is better than Keenum, but at this point in his career, probably not by all that much.

But all in all, meh. The Broncos are simply mediocre (or just plain bad) at far too many positions on the field. I like their current potential at RB and WR (if Sanders comes back healthy), and they're good at OLB. Every single other position on the field though? Pretty ugly business.

This feels like a multi-year ride on the 7-9/8-8 train.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think a LOT of what plagued the defense this last season was lack of preparation, and that's on the coaching staff. Now...I do think they need to find an upgrade of some kind on Roby at CB to complement Harris, but I'm guessing they'll try again with him as the starter.

Not sure how they solve the problem at TE. I'm guessing if they don't cut him outright that next season will be Jake Butt's last shot at proving he can stay healthy and effective at the position. Otherwise they gotta move on.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
This feels like a multi-year ride on the 7-9/8-8 train.

It sure does.

Elways only gotta have like 3 years or so left. I would have actually preferred Kubiak to have stayed in player personnel and got us a couple good drafts before both guys retired from the organization.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

If I saw Rahim Moore crossing the street, I would have give some real serious thought about braking.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Now all we need is a quarterback. And four starting offensive linemen. And a tight end. And at least one more receiver. And some cornerbacks. And an inside linebacker. And another safety. And a punter. And maybe a kicker.

Yep, that's all.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Now all we need is a quarterback. And four starting offensive linemen. And a tight end. And at least one more receiver. And some cornerbacks. And an inside linebacker. And another safety. And a punter. And maybe a kicker.

Yep, that's all.
Butt and Fumagalli should be fine at TE. I really don't think our safeties are bad. We do need a new corner and to re-sign Paradis though. McManus is fine and I thought after his first game that Wadman did a good job punting.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Yep, that's all.

Isn't Sanders/Sutton/Hamilton going to be enough at WR?

I don't think the O-line is as far gone as most do. They need a starting LT who doesn't suck and can stay healthy. Other than that they should be okay .

The TE situation is...not good, but I suppose we'll see with J-Butts.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think the biggest area of needs are:
1 - QB
2 - CB
3 - ILB
4 - G (maybe 2 depending on what they do)
5 - Another CB
6 - TE
7 - P
8 - WR

The punter was at the bottom of stats in the league but a punter is a dime a dozen. Outside of QB I think CB and ILB are pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad