OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Surely they'll find a way. They'll have to--Wentz is amazing but dude isn't durable enough for a 16-game season plus playoffs.

The Eagles will have to pay up for a backup, but $20m guaranteed for Foles is a lot... and even if the Eagles wanted to do that, Foles can pull out for $2m and sign for 30-40m guaranteed. I don't see the Eagles being able to keep Foles around.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There’s a rumor that Stafford could be traded, who would take him here? I could see Elway making a move for someone like him.

Not sure I would, also this rumor is probably BS anyways but just throwing it out there.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
This QB class is supposed to be one of the worst in a while, but then again some people said that about the Goff class
Actually, they didn’t. Both Goff and Wentz were regarded as a top 5 pick with Lynch in the mid-late 1st rd.

This draft class has like what, 1QB that should go in the 1st, and bunch of decent day 2 QBs

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Interesting read on The Athletic this morning about Broncos players futures. Lots of guys in limbo for next year based on their dead cap numbers or status (RFA, UFA, etc..)

Matt Paradis (prob gone, depending on how they feel about McGovern)
Bradley Roby (gone)
Shane Ray (gone)
Jeff Heuerman (prob gone)
Shaq Barrett (gone - doesnt want backup role)
Shelby Harris (will keep - RFA but they need to put 2nd rd tender on him)
Jared Veldheer (will prob keep - only 1 sack in 11 games)
Max Garcia (gone)
Domata Peko (maybe - I'd like to see him back but age concern)
Zach Kerr (prob gone - fringe guy)
Brandon Marshall (gone)
Darian Stewart (I think hes gone due to $$)
Ron Leary (will be interesting one...I think he sticks though ultimately)
Emmanuel Sanders (will keep for 1-2 more years)
Case Keenum (will keep but prob backup next year - they'll keep him until they get a new #1 option)
Su'a Cravens (gone - talented but never plays and got chippy when he was benched)

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Keep going back and forth on whether I’d rather have Chubb or Josh Allen. Allen looks good sometimes and horrible at others.

Saquon though is the real deal

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Millsap is back!

Harris should be next.

Hopefully Barton isn't far behind.

Who knows what'll happen with Thomas. When he does get healthy it might be hard to find him minutes with the way Beasley and Morris have been playing in the absence of Harris and Barton.

I'd just straight up redshirt the hurt rookies. Not enough minutes to go around.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Kirk Cousins record againts teams with winning record is 4-24. Vikings didn't have a first down in the first quarter and are down by a touchdown againts Bears in a game that could clinch a play off spot for them if they win.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
I guess all that time he missed earlier in his career (when he was good) is the only thing I remember. He's been largely irrelevant since then.
nah you are just mis-remembering or trying to deflate stafford for no reason. he missed 13 games his second season(and has only missed 19 of a possible 159 starts in his career), but he hadnt really done anything before that.

His first season of his 8 healthy full seasons in a row was his breakout year(2011) where they went 10-6 he had over 5000 yards passing and 41 td to 16 int

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Meh I’m largely ambivalent about the NFL these days so I won’t argue. Maybe it’s just the fact he plays for the Lions but he just never impressed me much. Trade for him I guess, I really don’t know what the solution is for this sorry-ass team.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
After watching Tyler Lawrence play, I think I’ll take another year of VJ if it means being able to draft him
I assume you mean Trevor Lawrence from Clemson, and unfortunately we aren't bad enough to get the number 1 pick, even with the tank master VJ at the helm.

In seriousness though that kid is legit, he'll go number 1 in his draft. I would kill to get him. All the tools and just wins.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
As for Stafford, if he is available you sure as shit go and get him. Way better than any option we have or could possibly have any time soon. He gets under-rated due to a crappy Detroit team. They haven't given him anything to work with since Megatron quit. But yet still produces consistent numbers every year. He at least has shown to be a solid NFL starter throughout his career. Something we could use in the worst way.

That being said don't see it happening good things don't happen to the Broncos and their QB situations since we got hella lucky that Manning came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad