OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Just got my tickets for the Mammoth opener saturday night. The expansion San Diego Seals are in town.

The team looks strong this year. They came out of the expansion draft pretty unscathed and the teams that were better than them last year got worse.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Plummer was racking up Dilfer wins that year and the defense finally cracked under the strain.
He won 72% of his games over his Denver career, went to a Pro Bowl, went to the playoffs 3 times, and had the team in first when he was benched. At which time they plummeted out of the playoff race and into irrelevance.

In terms of all time Broncos QBs, it's
Elway
(large gap)
Manning
(larger gap)
Plummer
Morton
(large gap)
anybody else

Reactions: Avsrule2022

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rockies are signing a homophobic trash to be their everyday 1B.

f*** this team

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He won 72% of his games over his Denver career, went to a Pro Bowl, went to the playoffs 3 times, and had the team in first when he was benched. At which time they plummeted out of the playoff race and into irrelevance.

In terms of all time Broncos QBs, it's
Elway
(large gap)
Manning
(larger gap)
Plummer
Morton
(large gap)
anybody else

Plummer’s success was more about getting with Shanahan and Kubiak. Look at Plummer’s numbers before he went to Denver. They were awful. Good coaching could only prop him up so much. The afc ch game exposed his limitations.

If Shanahan thought a young QB had a better trajectory than a veteran, he’d go with the younger QB. Just look at 1999 when he chose Griese over Brister.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
any takers on the scenario of a 1st round CB, sign Joe Flacco, and try to find another developmental QB next year in round 2?

I'm for the nuclear QB option - trade everything to get into the top 1-3 picks and draft your man.....but I'm sure the Flacco senario is going to be explored given the Kubiak/Flacco history.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
All I need is a Brandon McManus FG to win my fantasy league for the second year in a row and the Broncos aren’t going to be able to get themselves in god damn field goal range.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
At least the Broncos will be in position to draft Dwayne Haskins.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It was ugly - you didn’t miss much

Roby got called out for completely giving up on a TD play. Offense looked inept as always. Joseph stormed up and down the sidelines shaking his head, probably repeating in his head what he does every week - “But we had such a good week of practice!”

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Herbert is staying at Oregon.

This QB draft class is uhhhh

Haskins has to be QB1 now

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They just have to fire him. I'm not buying this "may as well stick with him now." This isn't about saving the season--it was lost the moment VJ was retained. This is about trying to fix a very toxic culture and locker room, and at least salvaging a shred of dignity down the stretch. Just fire VJ (maybe Woods too, I don't know) and let Musgrave be interim for the remainder of the season. This isn't fair to the players, the fans, and it's not fair to Vance himself.

The longer this goes on the longer this clearly looks like indecision on Elway's part. And part of that indecision may stem from the increasingly unstable ownership situation that needs to be solved this offseason, no excuses.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I honestly think the Broncos would have a better shot at Carson Wentz right now.

No way.

Wentz has always been a guy that is going to be inconsistent to some level. He has some accuracy issues and likes to overthrow the ball. He doesn't always set his feet correctly and will misfire.

He still has a special arm and is fearless throwing down the field. He can make throws that only a couple other guys in the NFL can make. He's a similar player to Matt Stafford, where he will have some incredible throws and incredible seasons, as well as some bad throws and poor seasons as well. He's a guy that can take the Eagles to multiple super bowls, as well as multiple losing records. Some guys you just have to accept the ups and the downs with, and he's one of them.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No way.

Wentz has always been a guy that is going to be inconsistent to some level. He has some accuracy issues and likes to overthrow the ball. He doesn't always set his feet correctly and will misfire.

He still has a special arm and is fearless throwing down the field. He can make throws that only a couple other guys in the NFL can make. He's a similar player to Matt Stafford, where he will have some incredible throws and incredible seasons, as well as some bad throws and poor seasons as well. He's a guy that can take the Eagles to multiple super bowls, as well as multiple losing records. Some guys you just have to accept the ups and the downs with, and he's one of them.

That was a bit of hyperbole/sarcasm. My point was that the Broncos have NO shot at getting Nick Foles. They have a better shot at Wentz, which is probably slightly better odds than zero, but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad