Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXI: Bulls Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Wasn’t that the first base runner the Cubs bad after Freeland had retired 12 straight when Gore came in?

Happ walked to leadoff the 6th (Bryant then singled). Almora singled with 1 out in the 7th (this became the bases loaded situation where Heyward struck out).

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Happ walked to leadoff the 6th (Bryant then singled). Almora singled with 1 out in the 7th (this became the bases loaded situation where Heyward struck out).

Gotcha, thought my memory was foggy on that one.

As desperate as we were for a run, I didn’t have a huge issue with it. I’m not sure we even make it to extras without that move.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Wonder if the Cubs could move Russell for an impact bullpen arm. Obviously I know this is a terrible idea under normal circumstances but....

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Wonder if the Cubs could move Russell for an impact bullpen arm. Obviously I know this is a terrible idea under normal circumstances but....

Maybe if an investigation clears him.... even then he’s coming with baggage and you’d be selling extremely low.

Best case scenario an investigation clears his name and he rebounds next year.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Maybe if an investigation clears him.... even then he’s coming with baggage and you’d be selling extremely low.

KB striking out in the 8th and Gore striking out in the 9th was almost too tough too watch.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014

Best case scenario I win the lottery.

I think the ship has sailed with Addison.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

If he's exonerated, you can get something nice for him.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Best case scenario I win the lottery.

I think the ship has sailed with Addison.

I agree. I don’t get the vibes this investigation is going to end well for him.

If he's exonerated, you can get something nice for him.

He’s still coming off a terrible year and his name has been dragged through the mud. You’re better off keeping him and hoping he can rebuild his value vs giving him away for pennies on the dollar.

IF his name is cleared, that is.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yes, technically its 4 straight playoffs appearances, sure doesn't feel that way.

It's still the best time to be a Cubs fan. I'm sure you guys would rather have this than those offshoot teams that are good for one season and then the Cubs are garbage again for 5 years (98, 03, 08, etc...)

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
It's still the best time to be a Cubs fan. I'm sure you guys would rather have this than those offshoot teams that are good for one season and then the Cubs are garbage again for 5 years (98, 03, 08, etc...)

Absolutely. The time is now, make changes, push forward.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
What makes you say that?
His ex-wife is cooperating with MLB now. All of the "reading between the lines" on the stories I've read is MLB felt pretty sure about this stuff last year but couldn't move on it because she wasn't cooperative.

Just a gut feeling.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I agree. I don’t get the vibes this investigation is going to end well for him.

He’s still coming off a terrible year and his name has been dragged through the mud. You’re better off keeping him and hoping he can rebuild his value vs giving him away for pennies on the dollar.

IF his name is cleared, that is.
He's a starting caliber shortstop, who's still young and cost controlled. I could see the Blue Jays, Orioles, Cardinals (DeJong isn't much of a defensive SS), Giants (probably to play 2nd until Crawford goes), Rays, Twins, Marlins, Padres, and Royals all being very interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad